When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Keep doing them every couple of days for a week or so mate, it might be too soon. Good news it’s negative atm. 

Okay ta, didn't know that. Off back to see the parents/family at the weekend, so I guess I'll do another one just before.

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

Don't sweat it. They don't mean anything.

Its all a bit boring and childish now. People can have their views and I agree and disagree with people, not sure what's gained from the pettiness. Do what I do... stop caring. 

I could not care less about down votes (opens door for people to down vote LOL) I was just making an observation based on the odd procedure of creating accounts to down vote people as so many seem to have round here.

Bless them all.

2 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

For all of their limitations, aren’t LFT’s pretty good at picking up infections early as that’s when you’re most infectious? 

Could be wrong. 

not sure tbh .... arent you most infectious once symptomatic ? 

25 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

For all of their limitations, aren’t LFT’s pretty good at picking up infections early as that’s when you’re most infectious? 

Could be wrong. 

This is because, unlike PCR tests, lateral flow tests cannot detect very low levels of coronavirus in a sample. This means the test may not give a positive result if you have only recently been infected; are in the incubation period; or if you have mostly recovered. 

from this .....https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/how-reliable-are-lateral-flow-covid-19-tests

29 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Could be wrong. 

PCR has a lower detection limit, so can be positive a day or two before an antigen test…figure below covers it pretty simply (from the BMJ)…

image.thumb.jpeg.bb04ba64821f53aa72742abf461cb0fb.jpeg

Edited by Toilet Duck
Typo!
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Apparently that sound will be muffled out by masks after July 19th...  

It's an absolute joy to watch and listen to. God have I missed this. Been to Edgbaston a few times, always such an awesome atmosphere created by the Brummie crowd

44 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

It's an absolute joy to watch and listen to. God have I missed this. Been to Edgbaston a few times, always such an awesome atmosphere created by the Brummie crowd

Just texted my mate that watching the stands rocking and the sun shining has really cheered me up. Plus that run chase was awesome! Supporting our cricket team seems to provide a better change of winning with a reduced chance of violence/racism.

Edited by Homer

44 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

It's frustrating how slow policy has been to adapt from a supply constrained, AZ dominated situation to an population constrained, mRNA dominated situation. It's been pretty clear for a while that the 8 week gap doesn't make much sense for the people currently being vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just texted my mate that watching the stands rocking and the sun shining has really cheered me up. Plus that run chase was awesome! Supporting our cricket team seems to provide a better change of winning with a reduced chance of violence/racism.

Good day all round in the cricket…Ireland beat South Africa for the first time down the end of my road today too! 

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yep, you cannot beat a good ODI / T20 International on a sunny evening in Blighty. Everyone well oiled but always well behaved and partying. And a few Sweet Caroline's on the way. Can't think of a better way to enjoy a british summer evening! Be interesting to see how the public take to the The Hundreds in a couple of weeks time

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Good day all round in the cricket…Ireland beat South Africa for the first time down the end of my road today too! 

Saw that, awesome stuff. I always think Ireland are nearly there in international cricket but never quite break through. I wonder what would have happened had Eoin Morgan kept playing for them?

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Saw that, awesome stuff. I always think Ireland are nearly there in international cricket but never quite break through. I wonder what would have happened had Eoin Morgan kept playing for them?

Can’t really blame him for making a living playing for England, would take a lot for us to really move up to be contenders, but it’s gotten a lot more popular here over the last decade or so and now we get to play against the top teams more regularly, that can only help. I’ve been down to it a few times here, the last game of this series would have been packed to the rafters on Friday as the weather looks like it will be great, but limited capacity at the mo.