When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well yeah any time to you go somewhere it tells you to isolate. The system needs to be updated to reflect the change in restrictions. James O’Brien nailed this the other day. It’s not fit for purpose so people don’t want to bother with it.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

You are probably looking at one of those daft polls you have referred to as not one I have seen says 99%.

High percentages though do say masks should remain as they are now - indoors and crowded indoor places. Outside mask wearing, apart from test events tat state otherwise, has never been a legal requirement as far as I am aware.

Still, apart from that your comment is totally valid and accurate.

Hey man it was obviously just a joke. In case I hit a nerve there?

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hey man it was obviously just a joke. In case I hit a nerve there?

Well it was not obviously a joke at all - cos it went right over my head................ you may have written it with a smile but the internet does not show that unless you use emojis or a LOL

No nerves hit and my appologies for not seeing it was meant as a joke, though it was not at all clear.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, El Matador said:

Masks were to be worn at all the euros games. Of the 4 I went to, I'd say compliance was less than 5%. Complete waste of time. 

Even my mum and dad  didn't bother when we were seated at our seats and they are normally pretty respectful of rules, feels like its outside so what's the point. We did all at least wear our masks when we were going through the concourse, but we were definitely in the minority.

15 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I deleted mine a while back, can’t say I have any desire to be told to isolate when fully vaccinated cause I bumped into someone in Morrison’s who later caught it.

My work mates husband got pinged a few weeks back and genuinely believes it was from a car next to him as he didn't actually anywhere else other than drop his son off somewhere and got stuck in traffic and as he WFH there wasn't anything else he did, glad they're working on the sensitivity but it might be too little too late 

5 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Even my mum and dad  didn't bother when we were seated at our seats and they are normally pretty respectful of rules, feels like its outside so what's the point. We did all at least wear our masks when we were going through the concourse, but we were definitely in the minority.

I did exactly the same and again was in the minority. I didn't even realise I was supposed to wear it in my seat until now.

10 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Thoughts on this from a biological perspective @Toilet Duck? Is the selective pressure greater in a partially vaccinated population rather than one which is naive to vaccines? 

Well, the virus is being pulled in various directions. In a naive population, more rapid spread gives greater opportunity for new beneficial mutations to arise. Chronic infections also provide an opportunity for new variants. The pressures change when we vaccinate and tend to focus on escape from neutralising antibodies, though this would also occur in a population that gained immunity naturally. If partial vaccination provides less protection against infection, then it’s a halfway house really, high levels of infection are possibly and the virus is exposed to the antibodies it needs to evade, so it’s not ideal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hope that doesn't stretch to expecting people to wear it at other  outdoor stuff - no way could I hack wearing one of those for hours in the sun at Latitude! Think I'd just sack off other festivals even if they did happen in that event 

Don't worry about that, it'll be mask-free regardless, my friend! Big Melv sorted it. Yeah, I'm only going to a festival that I know is restriction-free and I can't see any organisation going ahead if that's the mandate. That said, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the odd one or two people wearing one next week

25 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

My work mates husband got pinged a few weeks back and genuinely believes it was from a car next to him as he didn't actually anywhere else other than drop his son off somewhere and got stuck in traffic and as he WFH there wasn't anything else he did, glad they're working on the sensitivity but it might be too little too late 

I’ve still got the app and check into places that I go to. All my friends still have it and would self isolate if told too. We are all able to work from home so we are fortunate in that regard but I don’t know of anyone that’s deleted the app yet. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

My 20 year old daughter started feeling rough last Monday, took a home test Tuesday which came back negative. Still feeling rough by Thursday so had a proper test and that came back positive Friday. She's still not great but nothing major, still working from home, says it's just like having a bit of a cold.

Me, the Mrs and our 18 year old son went for a test Friday, son's came back positive (no symptoms at all) Me and the Mrs negative.

There's been no social distancing in our house, can't exactly lock them in their rooms so can vouch for the AZ vaccine. Me and the Mrs are both double jabbed, we've had a week and a half of being cooped up together and it's managed to keep it at bay.

1 minute ago, mazola said:

My 20 year old daughter started feeling rough last Monday, took a home test Tuesday which came back negative. Still feeling rough by Thursday so had a proper test and that came back positive Friday. She's still not great but nothing major, still working from home, says it's just like having a bit of a cold.

Me, the Mrs and our 18 year old son went for a test Friday, son's came back positive (no symptoms at all) Me and the Mrs negative.

There's been no social distancing in our house, can't exactly lock them in their rooms so can vouch for the AZ vaccine. Me and the Mrs are both double jabbed, we've had a week and a half of being cooped up together and it's managed to keep it at bay.

That doesn’t sound great, I’m glad none of your family haven’t got it bad and you haven’t picked it up. Hopefully your kids feel better and recover soon!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

I think we'll see some hesitancy around smaller things as people see more people getting (not seriously) ill. That weekend away might be worth the risk to you, but you don't want to risk being ill for it so the trip to the pub a few days before gets nixed.

This is what I’ve been saying if the level of covid is high in the community then people will limit social interactions. With all financial support being removed this will have an economic impact. 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve still got the app and check into places that I go to. All my friends still have it and would self isolate if told too. We are all able to work from home so we are fortunate in that regard but I don’t know of anyone that’s deleted the app yet. 

me too. I guess that's because we're good people Ozanne.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

me too. I guess that's because we're good people Ozanne.

and what a weird old world we live in when just cos you have the app some people down vote you!!!

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

and what a weird old world we live in when just cos you have the app some people down vote you!!!

beat me to it .... ive still got the app and so have my mates ... im fortunate that a ping would be a bloody pain ( unless i caught it ) but not too much more than that as I spent ages isolating anyway ... and my work would pay me ... it would be an ass if you couldnt get financial support so I see why others might not in those circumstances .... 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Ha yeah it’s strange, it’s ok though, each to their own I suppose.

I understand why some would want to delete it especially if you can’t work from home and your work isn’t amicable. That’s why we need proper financial support for isolation!

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Just did a lateral flow test post-Wembley just in case (feel fine). Came back negative. I reckon these vaccines are a bit tasty.

Keep doing them every couple of days for a week or so mate, it might be too soon. Good news it’s negative atm. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ha yeah it’s strange, it’s ok though, each to their own I suppose.

I understand why some would want to delete it especially if you can’t work from home and your work isn’t amicable. That’s why we need proper financial support for isolation!

yeah, and also some people think I'm double jabbed so fuck'em.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Don't sweat it. They don't mean anything.

Its all a bit boring and childish now. People can have their views and I agree and disagree with people, not sure what's gained from the pettiness. Do what I do... stop caring.