When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

So suddently after weeks opeople getting birated on here, for suggestingthat we shouldn't be rushing ahead with this - some of the people on this thread and apparently the government are now are also shitting the bed?

This ain't looking good, you can bury your head in the sand as much as you want - but I think this has been a massive cock up personally. Led by that libertarian prick Javid. 

The arguments are turning into those who want to lockdown forever vs those who want to ease all restrictions when, of course, it is more nuanced than that.

The government could easily ease restrictions in a more careful manner e.g. mandating masks, mandating use of covid app at large events, proper guidance on ventilation, money invested into ventilation in places like schools, proper sick pay for those asked to isolate.

The government have had so many months to get these things ready for unlocking, they have run pilot events but instead they've decided that vaccination of half of the country is enough and they're just going to open up, hope for the best and blame the public or large events if it goes wrong. This is not leadership and it is so infuriating.

I am so desperate for my life back - I can't wait to have my friends all in one room again, to go to gigs, to go to festivals and I genuinely believe we can start to do these things safely again but the government just seem to set us up to fail every single time.

Edited by FakeEmpire
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

The arguments are turning into those who want to lockdown forever vs those who want to ease all restrictions when, of course, it is more nuanced than that.

The government could easily ease restrictions in a more careful manner e.g. mandating masks, mandating use of covid app at large events, proper guidance on ventilation, money invested into ventilation in places like schools, proper sick pay for those asked to isolate.

The government have had so many months to get these things ready for unlocking, they have run pilot events but instead they've decided that vaccination of half of the country is enough and they're just going to open up, hope for the best and blame the public or large events if it goes wrong. This is not leadership and it is so infuriating.

I am so desperate for my life back - I can't wait to have my friends all in one room again, to go to gigs, to go to festivals and I genuinely believe we can start to do these things safely again but the government just seem to set us up to fail every single time.

Well said.

The vaccine progream should have been finished for over 18's its as simple as that.

We all want our lives back, I'm desperate to go to night clubs and bars again. But how the fuck am I supposed to safely enjoy it - when I've not had my second vaccination yet and we might have upwards of 100k cases a day? I'm essentially being told, tough shit and its your risk.

Edited by MrBarry465

12 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Well said.

The vaccine progream should have been finished for over 18's its as simple as that.

We all want our lives back, I'm desperate to go to night clubs and bars again. But how the fuck am I supposed to safely enjoy it - when I've not had my second vaccination yet and we might have upwards of 100k cases a day? I'm essentially being told, tough shit and its your risk.

Yeah I feel for those of you worried about it - I haven't had my second yet and I'm off to Latitude, not bothered really about it as statistics show I'm not really at risk of it being bad. I was never worried about catching it for me though, so it'll have to be 10 days isolation when I get back whether I'm ill or not to avoid infecting others, then I think the year is over again for me.

I don't think this virus can be got rid of and that these deaths are inevitable at some point. I also think herd immunity is a myth - this variant popped up in one year, the idea that we just jab enough people and its over is laughable.

We either live with it, or we live with restrictions for years and wipe out any industry that needs step 4. Two very bad choices...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I feel for those of you worried about it - I haven't had my second yet and I'm off to Latitude, not bothered really about it as statistics show I'm not really at risk of it being bad. I was never worried about catching it for me though, so it'll have to be 10 days isolation when I get back whether I'm ill or not. 

I don't think this virus can be got rid of and that these deaths are inevitable at some point. I also think herd immunity is a myth - this variant popped up in one year, the idea that we just jab enough people and its over is laughable.

We either live with it, or we live with restrictions for years and wipe out any industry that needs step 4. Two very bad choices...

Im not at an at risk group, I'm 32 and pretty fit.

But nearly every single one of my mates who have had it and were aware of it, have had pretty nasty symptoms for a few weeks. 

I'm unconvinced by the idea that nightclubs rely that much on spontaneous trade.

Perhaps it's where I live but generally if you're going 'out out', you know.

Also, if people just get in the habit of doing LFTs twice a week and updating the app, then you're set up for a spontaneous night out anyway.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Then they'll lose their business when locked down again. Absolute mess 

The govt should make it mandatory tbh if they want it to be in place. But then when they do, they'll have to pay towards it, hence the 'please do it on your own,

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Im not at an at risk group, I'm 32 and pretty fit.

But nearly every single one of my mates who have had it and were aware of it, have had pretty nasty symptoms for a few weeks. 

That's fair enough  - I can see how personal experience like that definitely would lead to caution! 

I know I'm taking a risk but playing the long game I personally don't believe that I'll be getting the opportunity in a crowd again until summer next year after Latitude, and who knows what the industry will look like then anyway. 

That said, the 19th hasn't actually happened yet. I wouldn't bet against a u turn at the end of the week as the public become more and more hesitant. I won't believe latitude is actually happening til I'm there 😂

But if they want cases down and another month only, they're going to need to go backwards...

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The govt should make it mandatory tbh if they want it to be in place. But then when they do, they'll have to pay towards it, hence the 'please do it on your own,

And the lack of a system to scan on the venue's end shows how last minute that decision was. Maybe they just won't be open long enough to justify creating one, and they'll have it ready for the September "review" when it gets rolled out more widely 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's going to be interesting to see how much interest people have in going to nightclubs.   They haven't been part of lives now for so long - I wonder how many young people will be up for going to them. 

A lot. There might be a slight hesitance for some of the more wary of them who are planning on continuing to wear masks, but basically the clubs are gonna be rammed come that first weekend and stay that way. The thirst for big awful nights out is and always will be right up there for the younger generation, and I’m sure a lot of older people too.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A lot. There might be a slight hesitance for some of the more wary of them who are planning on continuing to wear masks, but basically the clubs are gonna be rammed come that first weekend and stay that way. The thirst for big awful nights out is and always will be right up there for the younger generation, and I’m sure a lot of older people too.

I'd be well up for it if I didn't have (supposed) festivals happening in early August. Honestly with the inevitability of September onwards being restricted WHATEVER we do or don't do we just need to enjoy what we can as @zahidfsaid yesterday. The rest of the population aren't going to stay in until we're all forced to so for this year at least we all have a summer holiday as if we're in school. But that's likely to be it 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’d agree with that. A mate owns a club mainly catering to students & has a party planned for 12:01 am on the 19th. 😂 Nearly sold out already. 

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd be well up for it if I didn't have (supposed) festivals happening in early August. Honestly with the inevitability of September onwards being restricted WHATEVER we do or don't do we just need to enjoy what we can as @zahidfsaid yesterday. The rest of the population aren't going to stay in until we're all forced to so for this year at least we all have a summer holiday as if we're in school. But that's likely to be it 

I'd be well up for it if I wasn't such an old bastard.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Are places still having to do track and trace? They'll only be into the vax passport if it prevents them being closed down for outbreaks.

Also I'm 37. I got my second jab saturday, which was at exactly 8 weeks. The NHS app says I can't get a covid pass for 2 more weeks. Definitely unworkable for now unless your clientele is 40+

Edited by Padjeq

Well after attending Wembley 3 times in recent weeks, yesterday i woke up with the cough and runny nose. 2 lateral flow tests confirm it to be covid and ive just gone and done a pcr to be sure. Feel pretty run down and lousy but still working (from home!) so i'll solider on for now. Wembley will certainly turn out to be a super spreader event, the scenes leaving the semi final and final were absolute chaos and almost nobody in masks on the tubes etc where i'm convinced i caught it after the semi final.

😞

1 minute ago, RossTC said:

Well after attending Wembley 3 times in recent weeks, yesterday i woke up with the cough and runny nose. 2 lateral flow tests confirm it to be covid and ive just gone and done a pcr to be sure. Feel pretty run down and lousy but still working (from home!) so i'll solider on for now. Wembley will certainly turn out to be a super spreader event, the scenes leaving the semi final and final were absolute chaos and almost nobody in masks on the tubes etc where i'm convinced i caught it after the semi final.

😞

Got a funny feeling we will have less capacity for the regular football season!

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got a funny feeling we will have less capacity for the regular football season!

There is no way Wembley was covid safe at 60k. The Germany game at 40k felt ok, but the other two matches it was chaos and less said about the non covid chaos of Sunday the better!!

36 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

100%

This leave it up to business is so weak...

Mandate masks or don't...
Enforce covid passports or don't...

This half way house works for nobody on any side of this debate I feel.

This is exactly it.

I feel like the Tories natural Libertarian nature will ultimately fuck us by September. Hopefully not, but leaving everything up to personal responsibility just seems like a potential recipe for disaster, and a nightmare for businesses. No matter what a business chooses to do, they'll be upsetting at least one group. 

I'm still excited for the Summer though, if only we could have some nice weather...an utter shitshow so far. 

Just now, Zacko said:

This is exactly it.

I feel like the Tories natural Libertarian nature will ultimately fuck us by September. Hopefully not, but leaving everything up to personal responsibility just seems like a potential recipe for disaster, and a nightmare for businesses. No matter what a business chooses to do, they'll be upsetting at least one group. 

I'm still excited for the Summer though, if only we could have some nice weather...an utter shitshow so far. 

As of tomorrow it's going to be belting sunshine for at least the next week or so. 30c's over the weekend.

Which is nice as me and 5 friends are staying down on my friend's boat in Falmouth for the weekend whilst the Wives and children all stay at home. Couldn't have worked out better 😂