When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It comes down to the NHS being a defacto religion in the UK where you have to subscribe to a certain narrative that is nothing other than fiction.

As you say, it did happen.

Precisely. I've got upmost respect for NHS staff. But it's true that many have had a very very quiet time. Many have expressed even a guilty feeling to be privately.

I expect it will be tremendously busy for everyone very soon, as the waiting lists that have built do to lockdown's need to be cleared.

Do you lot have nothing better to do on a Friday night, I am listening to some music suggested elsewhere on this forum, Tomorrow I am volunteering at a vaccine centre because they are short of volunteers because everyone is moving on, want to do something positive get actively involved in ending this shit, like the NHS administrators and vaccinators working weekends.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

This is true.  Strange people would downvote for a factual comment.

People are locked into tribal black and white thinking after months of being saturated in fear and propganda. 

E.g if you don't want this particular mRNA vaccine range you are automatically 'antivax' or if you are skeptical of the efficiency and morality of lockdowns, you must automatically support half a million dying. 

If you cannot question 'the science' it's likely not science it's propoganda.

9 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Saw my GP tonight leaving the surgery at around 8pm. Between additional shifts at A&E he's working through the backlog and as he said trying to keep patients in a 'holding pattern' to avoid further overloading A&E. 

Some people get stuck in make a difference, some prefer to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. I know who I respect. 

r/wellthathappened 

2 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Do you lot have nothing better to do on a Friday night, I am listening to some music suggested elsewhere on this forum, Tomorrow I am volunteering at a vaccine centre because they are short of volunteers because everyone is moving on, want to do something positive get actively involved in ending this shit, like the NHS administrators and vaccinators working weekends.

Doubtful the vaccine will 'end this shit' 

6 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Out of upvotes but nice one. 👍

9 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Thank you 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There will ALWAYS be a testing option for several reasons.

1) Sunak would go apoplectic if the government wanted to effectively shut 10%-15% of people out of the economy. They don’t want to completely exclude anti-vaxxers.

2) Breakthrough infections are a thing. You can be significantly MORE confident that someone who has tested negative on a LFT is free of the virus compared to a fully vaccinated, but untested person.

3) There will probably be a legal challenge against any vaccine only rule 

I actually think if we start to see a more material number of breakthrough infections they’d look to pivot to a LFT only format.

That's where my head's been going for events to be honest- especially indoor ones

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

50% idiot, 50% blabbering drunken mess, 0% brain. A quite incredible set of posts tonight. 

You're such a card, ho ho. 

Pity it's off the back of such an issue... 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

51 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

50% idiot, 50% blabbering drunken mess, 0% brain. A quite incredible set of posts tonight. 

I'm angry and frustrated at the dismissal of the problems and challenges faced by the NHS. The organisation and the staff are not perfect, nothing and no one is. As a whole they are heroic and worthy of respect. The small minded selfish destructive criticism gets my goat. This country, and the world, would be the worse for their demise. 

And yes, I did bump into my GP tonight when walking the dog, he looked knackered. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3