When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess it was also more of an issue back then because we didn’t have a vaccine so people maybe not mixing quite as much as now … I’d forgotten the weather .. and yep that must have made a difference 

@eFestivals any chance we can do something about users who sign up, don't post but just downvote? I appreciate you have other things on your plate at the moment.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

They seem to have flip flopped a hell of a lot on 'covid passports'.

Somewhat sensible if they really want to go for this big bang and not have cases totally explode. 

I think they are flip flopping because no one wants to be the first country to introduce them. America looks like it’s set to introduce them… but they’ve not actually done them yet.

Gone all the way through this thing, not one ping on the app... this evening as I left the office a notification... self isolate until 23:59 on Sunday. Talk about late notice on day 8, was due to visit my mum as she's just come out of hospital but as she only had one vaccine (was hospitalised when GP would have done second shot and hospital would not provide) but it's a good thing it came through when it did. Weekend of lying on the sofa watching TV for me then. Crazy to think that, in a week or so's time, there'd be no obligation whatsoever for me to pay attention to the app (and indeed an employer would probably want me not to). 

7 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Gone all the way through this thing, not one ping on the app... this evening as I left the office a notification... self isolate until 23:59 on Sunday. Talk about late notice on day 8, was due to visit my mum as she's just come out of hospital but as she only had one vaccine (was hospitalised when GP would have done second shot and hospital would not provide) but it's a good thing it came through when it did. Weekend of lying on the sofa watching TV for me then. Crazy to think that, in a week or so's time, there'd be no obligation whatsoever for me to pay attention to the app (and indeed an employer would probably want me not to). 

I would take 3 LFT’s spaced out between now and when you visit your mum and if all are negative go ahead with it. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Well - he isn't far wrong...

The reality is its small sections of the NHS that get overwhelmed by things like flu and covid - the rest of the hospital largely isn't affected directly.  Of course the consequence of this one section being hit is big - but its true to say large sections of the NHS went dormant during the last two waves.

Fuck off Barry, take your stupid shit elsewhere. 

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

That sucks you can't go and see your Mum but it's better to be safe than sorry I guess. Hopefully you haven't picked up the virus and can go see her soon!

5 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Fuck off Barry, take your stupid shit elsewhere. 

Which part of all of it do you take the most offence with? 

It can be both true that the NHS has worked tirelessly treating covid and that some parts of hospital care was effectively shut down at the same time. Not all staff were moved to help on covid wards so some staff did have it easier than they would have during normal times. 

It’s not outlandish or anti NHS to say that it happened because it did. 

Perhaps it didn’t need to be said but it’s not untrue is it? 

Edited by BobWillis2

1 hour ago, MrBarry465 said:

They seem to have flip flopped a hell of a lot on 'covid passports'.

Somewhat sensible if they really want to go for this big bang and not have cases totally explode. 

From autumn it says in the article. I'm guessing when schools go back

I'll have had my second dose by then but looks like a self imposed winter lockdown for me! Only if its just vaccine proof though- I'll happily use the testing option if it's there 

Edited by efcfanwirral

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

From autumn it says in the article. I'm guessing when schools go back

I'll have had my second dose by then but looks like a self imposed winter lockdown for me! Only if its just vaccine proof though- I'll happily use the testing option if it's there 

There will ALWAYS be a testing option for several reasons.

1) Sunak would go apoplectic if the government wanted to effectively shut 10%-15% of people out of the economy. They don’t want to completely exclude anti-vaxxers.

2) Breakthrough infections are a thing. You can be significantly MORE confident that someone who has tested negative on a LFT is free of the virus compared to a fully vaccinated, but untested person.

3) There will probably be a legal challenge against any vaccine only rule 

I actually think if we start to see a more material number of breakthrough infections they’d look to pivot to a LFT only format.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

He’s not wrong. Have you tried getting a GP appointment recently? 

Saw my GP tonight leaving the surgery at around 8pm. Between additional shifts at A&E he's working through the backlog and as he said trying to keep patients in a 'holding pattern' to avoid further overloading A&E. 

Some people get stuck in make a difference, some prefer to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. I know who I respect. 

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Saw my GP tonight leaving the surgery at around 8pm. Between additional shifts at A&E he's working through the backlog and as he said trying to keep patients in a 'holding pattern' to avoid further overloading A&E. 

Some people get stuck in make a difference, some prefer to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. I know who I respect. 

What a coincidence. Almost as if it definitely didn’t happen.