When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Really ? Think they might be shutting them pretty quick … wonder how this will go for us !! That’s a huge surge 

I predict fucking chaos, the 100k+ cases a day doesn't seem like an underestimate at this point.

Hope we've made the right call.......

10 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I predict fucking chaos, the 100k+ cases a day doesn't seem like an underestimate at this point.

Netherlands probably opened stuff at a really bad time just as delta taking off there, might not be so bad here.

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

This is only true for a small percentage of staff dealing with covid.

For the vast majority is largely business as usual and many have had a very quiet 18 months.

You really have no fucking idea. Disgusted. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

SAGE being optimistic??

I don’t think so personally, ZOE app is already hinting that we are likely plateauing around now.

Rate of growth has been consistently falling for some time now. 

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Really ? Think they might be shutting them pretty quick … wonder how this will go for us !! That’s a huge surge 

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Netherlands probably opened stuff at a really bad time just as delta taking off there, might not be so bad here.

To be fair there is a pretty long way to go for them before they get anywhere near where we are now! 

25 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I'm not sure it'll quite that bad but I think cases will rise to a high level after July 19th, cases are still rising now so I can only imagine what it'll be like with no measures in place.

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Ah yeah true that... forgot...

Saying that you should judge someone off there last post really.  Unless its @stevieweviewho is just a c**t full stop.

Probably true ... im sure many do and will ... myself included ....the first bit may I add 

Edited by crazyfool1

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We'd still be under much more severe restrictions to be fair. But still...

Very.

Yeah I was thinking earlier how cases at the moment are at levels that weren't seen till the tail end of the last wave when we were in lockdown but now little to nothing has been done about it, the vaccines have done a truly remarkable thing 

what differences did we have between now and this time last summer ?  is it all down to this new variant or do we have fewer restrictions now ? the cases numbers are mad .....did we have the ability to test for this number of cases at that point  

Mate of mine is self-isolating and awaiting PCR results after falling ill with symptoms, some 16 months after he first contracted covid (before the first lockdown even started).

He’s been struggling with long covid ever since so I think a second infection would really knock him for six. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what differences did we have between now and this time last summer ?  is it all down to this new variant or do we have fewer restrictions now ? the cases numbers are mad .....did we have the ability to test for this number of cases at that point  

Not really, testing capacity only really ramped up from November last year.

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The reality is its small sections of the NHS that get overwhelmed by things like flu and covid - the rest of the hospital largely isn't affected directly.

This might be the case with flu, but wasn’t true for Covid (at least until now). Me and my wife wife both work in the NHS. As one ward was overwhelmed by Covid other wards had to step in to give cover. Covid affected all of the NHS - I really hope that the vaccines have changed this 🤞

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Not really, testing capacity only really ramped up from November last year.

I remember it slowly increasing … but can’t remember it being swamped back then … the test capacity that is … 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Imagine it's lack of testing for the majority of last year and the new variant mostly, also last summer was pretty nice weather throughout whereas this year has been very mixed (even on the same day!) so maybe indoor mixing too, the vaccination rollout is doing what it's meant to with hospitalsations and deaths though so I imagine they'll be similar levels 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Imagine it's lack of testing for the majority of last year and the new variant mostly, also last summer was pretty nice weather throughout whereas this year has been very mixed (even on the same day!) so maybe indoor mixing too, the vaccination rollout is doing what it's meant to with hospitalsations and deaths though so I imagine they'll be similar levels 

I guess it was also more of an issue back then because we didn’t have a vaccine so people maybe not mixing quite as much as now … I’d forgotten the weather .. and yep that must have made a difference