When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One way to keep numbers down

Was just about to post this.... they really are just leaving us to it and gone "fuck it" we want our holiday break, if some of you get sick or die so be it 😞 

Edited by shoptildrop

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Football effect ? 

I imagine it has an impact. Also schools ended here end of June which also helps plus less testing for kids I guess.

Also, cases were dead high I wasn't sure how much further they could have gone up (hope I am not tempting fate here..)

At the Downing Street lobby briefing the prime minister’s spokesperson confirmed that the exemption to quarantine for holidaymakers returning from amber list nations will only apply to those who have been vaccinated by the NHS. He said:

It does need to be a vaccine administered through the NHS rollout so you would need to have received your vaccine through the NHS rather than in a different country.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

So no spectators at the Olympics. This will be pretty bleak then.

That’s a shame given all the time and money spent preparing for it - but it’s obviously the correct decision. They should be given the chance to host it again at the next opportunity, although that looks like it will be 2036!

32 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Yes, but only 5 hospital admissions, which is rather weird.

Hospital admissions trail infections by a week or two usually, don’t they? It was only last week the Netherlands had less than 800 new infections a day, so hospitalisations will probably not be far behind, unfortunately. Let’s hope not. 

Edit: what Mr Hats said. 

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Absolutely fucking moronic. If you want people to use their judgement, at least give them the means to do so.

Anyway, you’re allowed to order one pack a day online. Suspect I’ll be doing that for the next week or so to stockpile for this wave.

Yeah I kind of feel like we should stockpile a bit too. Have been using them before seeing people we really don't want to infect. I know it's not perfect but was better than nothing! Wonder how much they will charge.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I kind of feel like we should stockpile a bit too. Have been using them before seeing people we really don't want to infect. I know it's not perfect but was better than nothing! Wonder how much they will charge.

Thankfully our council give them out like sweets, so we should be ok.

Christ knows of the value. Sticking my finger in the air I think I’d pay a tenner for a box of 7.

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

image.thumb.png.347c25a2b993045c991c12a17a264628.png

We've seen it happen before and I'm not trying to talk it up but...

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Looking at the dramatic decline in recent first dose numbers, guess we’ll do well to get to 90% of adults vaccinated now. 

I wonder if this will be a deal breaker into vaccinating children too