When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

That sort of stuff is for future manifestos. 

Its for NOW. I'm completely frustrated by Labour's shit approach. 

Back to basics. Fght for the workers. Use the huge wealth of this country for the greater good. We are a rich nation, there should not be foodbanks. 

WTF are they playing at. This should be easy. 

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Can't they move support and resources  from one area to another to mitigate the issue? It seems regional specific rather than all over 

Restrictions should be a last resort. Not plan A

Ambulance services have partner services for taking 999 calls not sure if this filters to the actual sending of ambulances though.

Will ask some questions of someone who will know tomorrow as I'm interested to know. 

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Its for NOW. I'm completely frustrated by Labour's shit approach. 

Back to basics. Fght for the workers. Use the huge wealth of this country for the greater good. We are a rich nation, there should not be foodbanks. 

WTF are they playing at. This should be easy. 

You mean nurses pay? I mean, the govt have been throwing billions at everything the last year, but there's been too much underfunding for years which can't be fixed quickly. The whole pandemic has been fire fighting, but what should come next is how going to fund health and social care with an aging population and now covid and the risk of future pandemics and god knows what else. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You mean nurses pay? I mean, the govt have been throwing billions at everything the last year, but there's been too much underfunding for years which can't be fixed quickly. The whole pandemic has been fire fighting, but what should come next is how going to fund health and social care with an aging population and now covid and the risk of future pandemics and god knows what else. 

No, I mean we face all the issues you list AND we are a very rich country. Labour should be putting those two things together to produce progressive policies. They should not be arguing for better air-con #LostThePlot

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah because wearing a mask right now is having a huge impact

FFS Barry just don't wear the mask if you don't want to. It's not a police state. 

Odd to keep banging in about something that is completely in your own control. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Not right now it isn't - its the law until July 19th and I do my best to follow it.

Good for you, and genuinely thank you for making the effort. It just doesn't come across that way sometimes. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

FFS Barry just don't wear the mask if you don't want to. It's not a police state. 

Odd to keep banging in about something that is completely in your own control. 

Exactly,at least 80% of his post history is about masks. 

@Barry Fish I hereby give you permission to not wear a mask ever again as long as you stop posting about it*

*not 100% sure this post is legally binding and can be shown to a driver on public transport as evidence of your exemption.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2020 at 3:45 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Basic question, when do people genuinely think live music will restart and life gets back to normal?

For me today! First major event. Ok, lineup could be better but still for people who like to rave this is great.

plakat_EXIT-2021-lineup-po-danima-1.png

7 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

No, I mean we face all the issues you list AND we are a very rich country. Labour should be putting those two things together to produce progressive policies. They should not be arguing for better air-con #LostThePlot

There's no point coming out with new policies on spending until closer to the next election. The ventilation thing and masks are what need fixing now, and to be honest are a bit of point scoring. But actual labour policies on spending can't be made yet, because may not be realistic in a few years anyway, or Tories might just promise same or more. It's politics. And labour aren't in government anyway, so all they can do is try and get noticed really.

13 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Except we can't control it with masks and a degree of social distancing because we're doing that now and it's growing fast. It's definitely an experiment but it was always going to be - someone was going to get people vaxxed and open up first.

(My position on this whole thing remains mixed: I still think it's fundamentally unfair that young people are having to take risks without having been fully vaccinated: it's not optional for many, many will be forced back to work - as those in hospitality have been already and I disagreed with that too - and can't feasibly choose to continue to limit their contacts. So I disagree on dropping restrictions on that basis, but from a scientific point of view I think the approach is broadly sensible.

From an economic point of view I think the mixed messages "don't wear a mask but wear a mask" are hugely damaging. Telling people it's dangerous enough you should consider wearing a mask, but not insisting other people wear masks, is the worse approach you can take for dealing with social hesitancy)

Yeah I pretty much agree with everything here.

I really feel for those people who are working in sectors like hospitality and retail and being given absolutely fuck all protection.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Just back from getting my second Pfizer. Bracing for side effects but very happy to be fully vaxxed. What a fucking magnificent scientific achievement. 

Good stuff mate!

You based in Frome or Melbourne currently? 

I know quite a few people from Frome, they are all pretty anti vax....

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wait, why are Sabaton playing this?!

They always bring some bands. Sepultura cancelled so Sabaton is this year. They had in previous years The Cure, The Killers, Greta Van Fleet, Liam, Guns n' roses, Duran Duran... It's hard to book bands in Covid time. 

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Good stuff mate!

You based in Frome or Melbourne currently? 

I know quite a few people from Frome, they are all pretty anti vax....

I'm Melbourne based, but parents are in Frome so that's my Glastonbury base when I'm back home, hence the mention. I know one or two there who're hesitant. I wouldn't say anti-vax, more wary. I guess some people are just never going to get it, which is their call, of course. I think some of them will think again when they don't get the same level of freedom that vaccinated people will enjoy.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm Melbourne based, but parents are in Frome so that's my Glastonbury base when I'm back home, hence the mention. I know one or two there who're hesitant. I wouldn't say anti-vax, more wary. I guess some people are just never going to get it, which is their call, of course. I think some of them will think again when they don't get the same level of freedom that vaccinated people will enjoy.

Yeah, I think the reasons a few of them give me for not getting it just seem to get more and more nutty each time. Personally, I don't think a lot of the people who are 'anti vax' actually deep down believe some of the stuff they come out with. They just seem ill informed.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

are more people starting to get vaccinated in Australia now, or is still slow?

It's still slow. Only 7.7% have received a full vaccine, and 25.5% have had one jab. The PM here has royally screwed up the government's advice (anyone under 40 can get AZ), which is now being openly contradicted by chief health advisers. We're due a big shipment of Pfizer but not until September/October. I believe the aim is to get everyone vaccinated by the end of the year, but it's not an official target in case it doesn't happen.

As an outsider looking in (Australian/Brit National) -  Australia is in a really weird spot now. They were really the 'envy' of the world last year, but the vaccine roll out has been shit and it's really not clear what the exit plan from the whole strategy is. I for one will not be travelling back to visit family this year, if they still insist I quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival (even after double jab). @kalifirecan probably answer it better than me anyway as he is based there, but currently you cannot even leave the country without an exemption (unless you are normally based overseas).

If they start losing events like the Australian open (because players won't quarantine), then I think the natives will start to get pretty restless. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

men are getting infected much more than women at the moment apparently, I wonder why?

I'd say it's likely linked to the fact taht men are more prone to 'risk taking' than women.

Same reason more men get caught speeding etc.