When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

This is completely reckless reporting 

Again, the people who we’re previously pushing the vaccine are now starting to sound a lot like vaccine denialists. I guess it’s because it’s no longer the correct narrative. We must now talk about the vaccines as if they don’t do shit.

Fickle, reckless, and political.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We going to get an update on travel today?

I don't think it'll be today as it hasn't been 3 weeks (I know it feels like it!) but the way they're describing it some of the green list countries could change at any moment 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I don't think it'll be today as it hasn't been 3 weeks (I know it feels like it!) but the way they're describing it some of the green list countries could change at any moment 

I was thinking more about rules for amber list countries for fully vaccinated people...as it's getting reported in a few papers...

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I was thinking more about rules for amber list countries for fully vaccinated people...as it's getting reported in a few papers...

Ahh sorry for the misunderstanding, yes I believe that's due in the next few days. I can see this being a nightmare for holidays tbh

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Ahh sorry for the misunderstanding, yes I believe that's due in the next few days. I can see this being a nightmare for holidays tbh

A nightmare in what way? Just out of interest, not being shitty. 

One thing I don't get is how it works with families with children. Are children automatically exempt from quarantine?

A colleague of mine has just been to Greece for two weeks and tested her way out of the quarantine on return (it's on amber list). I'm guessing people who can afford to will still do this.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

A nightmare in what way? Just out of interest, not being shitty. 

One thing I don't get is how it works with families with children. Are children automatically exempt from quarantine?

A colleague of mine has just been to Greece for two weeks and tested her way out of the quarantine on return (it's on amber list). I'm guessing people who can afford to will still do this.

Part for the reasons you mention as kids won't be double vaxxed, plus all the extra testing on top, also will it have to be checked and followed up if you haven't been double jabbed? 

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Part for the reasons you mention as kids won't be double vaxxed, plus all the extra testing on top, also will it have to be checked and followed up if you haven't been double jabbed? 

they need a way to check fully vaccinated people internationally...could take a while to get a proper working system set up I imagine.

21 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

That’s surprising, given that the students will already have gone home a couple of weeks ago. 

If its the same as Liverpool the students have not gone home. They are getting their moneys worth while there is no lockdown after spending so long cooped up. 

16 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Went and got my second Pfizer dose yesterday (and my free ice cream). We can now walk in with no appointment 6 weeks after our first dose of Pfizer (8 for AZ).

Now to sort my temporary vaccine certificate and hopefully I should be all set for Galway in August @Toilet Duck 😁

Where abouts are you? 

I tried to get my 2nd jab done at a walk in centre on Monday and got turned away. 

1st jab was done 7 weeks and 1 day beforehand but was told I need to wait until 8 weeks! 

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Where abouts are you? 

I tried to get my 2nd jab done at a walk in centre on Monday and got turned away. 

1st jab was done 7 weeks and 1 day beforehand but was told I need to wait until 8 weeks! 

Got unlucky with a jobsworth at the walk in centre it seems. I got mine 7 weeks and partner 6 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Where abouts are you? 

Northern Ireland!

Our guidance over here is 6 weeks for Pfizer and 8 for AZ. I got mine 6 weeks to the day from my first dose.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

This war over face masks really isn't helpful.  Government really have behaved like c**ts about it.

I want the freedom to not wear one and I want the freedom for others to wear one if they choose.  That is fair enough.

But the papers are again full of comments from the pro mask lobby saying if you don't wear one it means you don't care about others.  Its totally toxic and untrue.

It seems respect over individual choice only flows one way.

Virtue signalling 101

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Not those that get paid and don’t mind some extra days off ? 

Once things open up again, it’s going to start having an impact on social events more than work.
Previously in lockdowns there was nothing people were missing out on, so many were happy to abide to isolating by default I guess. 
But would you really miss a friends wedding, or a gig if you got pinged - especially if you’d had subsequent negative lateral flow? I very much doubt many people would at all, and then the whole thing becomes pretty pointless. 

34 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It seems respect over individual choice only flows one way.

Because one individual choice spreads the virus and the other doesn't? I can individually choose to go around licking door handles and coughing in grannies face and that's my individual choice, doesn't mean it should be respected.