When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Whilst you can’t stop deaths should you stop trying to prevent deaths where possible?

when there is a death at Glastonbury or other events an inquest is held and lessons are looked to be learnt and changes implemented. 

No they aren't. Not if it's a heart attack or something natural. 

We have done everything practical to prevent deaths - jabbed everyone. 

5 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

I think a lot of places will do this not from a safety perspective but mostly because it means they don't have to hire security staff to enforce and don't have to have their staff getting dogs abuse for asking people to wear them...

Security staff stopped asking people to do wear them quite a while ago … they can’t enforce because of exemption … the govt has never been serious about proper use or they would have at least given proper masks out or given better messages about which ones to wear and why … I’ve not seen 1 message on the tv encouraging their use since they were brought in … and yes early on the masks were in short supply but they aren’t now … govt happy to make this yet another personal choice and therefore Divisive issue … where a mandating of u need to wear them in inside places full stop causes fewer issues … 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

from his 2nd tweet on that thread.

"There are millions of these frail people. For those whose immune systems are compromised or suppressed, the efficacy of vaccines is much reduced."

If that is actually true (not sure it is) then that will always always be the case. Unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because it's possible to take a test before you test positive, but you may later become infectious.

Correct. However, multiple tests over a 72 hours negates that issue. 

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what?

I'm on my last day of self isolation following being pinged for 5 days in the birdhouse. 

It's only 5 days, but it's been crap. Mrs and boy can do as they please. I've taken a couple of tests just because we had them in the house - would be hard pressed to get me to self isolate next time, and given the current case numbers there will be a next time. Fully expecting another after this as I had to go to Leeds the other day and sat on a couple of places for more than 15 minutes. 

Probably just uninstall the app. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

SOme gig venues are saying they will ask for a vaccine certificate in London on a private basis to make people feel secure coming. I could see some festivals following suit

I've just seem that local authorities will be allowed to ask for measures reckon that'll hit some festivals.

50 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I really wouldn't know what to be doing if I was immunocompromised this summer. I'd probably feel like I was being thrown to the wolves a bit.

You would act as you would any other day of your life pre-covid.

If you're genuinely that immunocompromised you shouldn't be revolving your entire life around whether or not you get covid. Sounds like the common cold would be just as deadly.

It's quite the juxtaposition to celebrate ending restrictions on the basis of scientific advice, then to deliberately undermine the tracing infrastructure because the scientific advice doesn't suit. It gives the impression it's only ever been about the science when it's convenient. It's really just entitlement.

• Like 1

Just now, kalifire said:

It's quite the juxtaposition to celebrate ending restrictions on the basis of scientific advice, then to deliberately undermine the tracing infrastructure because the scientific advice doesn't suit. It gives the impression it's only ever been about the science when it's convenient. It's really just entitlement.

Or that people have followed the science and been vaccinated but its not enough. People have followed the science pretty well I think.