When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

30 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Don't want to spam the thread, but I don't suppose anyone knows whether Bath Racecourse or Avonmouth vaccination centre are offering Pfizer walk-ins for over 40s at the moment? The information online is entirely contradictory. One part of the NHS website says both are offering walk-ins to anyone over 18 for first or second jab, another part of the site says only people with booked appointments should turn up.  

I'm already booked in for the mass vaccination site in Bristol next Tuesday – nine weeks after my first, but we're going on holiday the following morning and would prefer to avoid running the risk of having flu symptoms for the holiday, if it's fine for me to go to a walk-in centre. At the same time, don't want to do an hour's round trip and add to their workload unnecessarily if I shouldn't be going there.

Taunton Racecourse and B & W might be:

Edited by Barney McGrew

10 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

A lot of y’all are framing this in a really negative and unhelpful way. 

People are perfectly entitled to their opinion that the planned removal of restrictions on the 19th is too much, too soon. 

That’s not the same thing as saying they don’t want restrictions lifted at all, or that they’re some sort of freedom-hating control freaks. Which has 100% been the implication in a lot of posts…

Everyone here wants restrictions to end as soon as it’s safe to end them. We have different opinions on when that is, but ultimately we do all want the same thing. 

But the can is always kicked down the road. Now July it too early, it needs to be all adults vaxxed. Then it'll be kids. Then it's Long covid etc etc. As they said yday at the briefing, it is now or Spring 2022. Too fucking right I don't have patience for that.

Two things a responsible gov would be more straight with people about: 

1) If you haven’t been vaccinated, you should expect to catch Covid. And even if you are vaccinated you can and will still catch - mainly - mild infection. 

2) There is no way we can guarantee we won’t need to go back to some restrictions, even if they aren’t blunt lockdowns, over the winter.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Labour just keep making bad decisions. Corbyn leadership has damaged them for a generation IMO. He was too divisive and stood no chance of winning over Tory voters. For a lot of people he turned the Labour Party into something extreme, unfamiliar, and scary. Labour would love to tell you he isn’t around anymore but the spectre and damage he did to the party still remains.

We all know many people who will never vote Labour again because of the Corbyn years.

I also think Labour’s position right now is not appealing to the people they should be winning. The tories are just scooping up all the on the fence Labour voters now.

Then is the problem not the idiot voters as opposed to what happened in the past? Cutting their nose off to spite their face? i.e. im going to help Boris the complete buffoon sell off our NHS because Corbyn was a fucking idealistic hippy commie who is no longer in the party? 

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Two things a responsible gov would be more straight with people about: 

1) If you haven’t been vaccinated, you should expect to catch Covid. And even if you are vaccinated you can and will still catch - mainly - mild infection. 

2) There is no way we can guarantee we won’t need to go back to some restrictions, even if they aren’t blunt lockdowns, over the winter.

Absolutely agree with this. Would be nice to see the government treating the public with a bit of respect and being honest with them but can't see it.

I have a question: how will the test and trace app know not to ping you if you're double jabbed given that supposedly the test and trace app isn't linked to anything but your phone number? Or will the advice be more that you get pinged still but can ignore it if double jabbed?

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

But the can is always kicked down the road. Now July it too early, it needs to be all adults vaxxed. Then it'll be kids. Then it's Long covid etc etc. As they said yday at the briefing, it is now or Spring 2022. Too fucking right I don't have patience for that.

yup the goalposts keep moving. I don't trust the Fake SAGE zero covid lot. Now they are saying they want all public building with proper ventelitation before we remove restrictions. So thats around.... 4 years or so?

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely agree with this. Would be nice to see the government treating the public with a bit of respect and being honest with them but can't see it.

I have a question: how will the test and trace app know not to ping you if you're double jabbed given that supposedly the test and trace app isn't linked to anything but your phone number? Or will the advice be more that you get pinged still but can ignore it if double jabbed?

Its just guidance at the moment anyway.I guess if your pinged, you can chose to have daily LFT instead

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Then is the problem not the idiot voters as opposed to what happened in the past? Cutting their nose off to spite their face? i.e. im going to help Boris the complete buffoon sell off our NHS because Corbyn was a fucking idealistic hippy commie who is no longer in the party? 

It’s not that. It’s because Labour aren’t convincing people they are the better option. They don’t have confidence things will be better under Labour. It’s a hold your nose and vote Tory kinda thing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

100% Apple and Google wouldn’t let them link the app to personal data, so it must be the latter! But the behavioural incentives are all broken now, no unjabbed person has the incentive to use the app in those circumstances.

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

You’ve lost the argument when you start to call the voters idiots.

Besides, the Tories aren’t selling off the NHS. 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I still don't get why you have to isolate if you're pinged but get a negative test?

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

because LFT arent reliable enough to be sure. PCR would be better though!

You're still supposed to isolate with a negative PCR too. I'm currently doing exactly that having got my negative result back last night. 

I guess the argument is you've been in contact with someone with Covid, (allegedly) and PCRs aren't 100% accurate so there's a slightly higher chance you might have it. 

And before anyone gets excited and giddy, I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's probably the reason why. 

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah, I totally get the frustration. All I’m saying though is we all have different appetite for risk & different opinions on what that means. It’s complicated and a lot of the experts disagree too!

Just because politicians and Twitter reduce everything to conflict and taking sides doesn’t mean we need to do the same. 

Maybe I’m over optimistic for a discussion forum 😂

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also if you're still apprehensive after July, people can re integrate at their own pace. They don't have to go to clubs bars or festivals. Let the people who do want to do it, do it.

Well yeah, people can still take actions to reduce their personal risk. But I’m not really bothered about personal risk, but about the impact of all this overall - especially on our healthcare system. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The app is stupid anyway, I’d wager that the vast vast majority of people who get pinged are unnecessarily self-isolating and will not go on to test positive.

The vast majority of people who catch coronavirus do so from someone they know. 

I mean the app wasn’t “stupid”.

With respect, if I translate what your maybe really saying it’s not “app is stupid” but more “app can tell me to isolate and I don't like isolating so I don’t like the app.” 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57102664

On 6/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, incident said:

Jesus. This opening up has truly turned this shitshow of a thread into the absolutely bizarre shitshow.

Hardly any one seems to be coming over as people i would choose to spend precious time with over a magical weekend , or indeed anywhere else.

It doesn't matter how much anyone shouts or has sly digs at someone. People have different opinions and different ideas of what's the best thing. Bloody hell.

Idiot voters. Bloody twitter paged no one put of here reads yet we give oxygen and life to them whcih continues the cycle.

Its all over bar the shouting on 19th july.

Can we not play nicely for a while and celebrate that things are better than they have been?

• Upvote 1

Just now, danmarks said:

Jesus. This opening up has truly turned this shitshow of a thread into the absolutely bizarre shitshow.

Hardly any one seems to be coming over as people i would choose to spend precious time with over a magical weekend , or indeed anywhere else.

It doesn't matter how much anyone shouts or has sly digs at someone. People have different opinions and different ideas of what's the best thing. Bloody hell.

Idiot voters. Bloody twitter paged no one put of here reads yet we give oxygen and life to them whcih continues the cycle.

Its all over bar the shouting on 19th july.

Can we not play nicely for a while and celebrate that things are better than they have been?

Oh yeah the empty quote box is cos i dont know how to get rid of it. Nothing else behind it.

Sorry incident!

9 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Yeah, I totally get the frustration. All I’m saying though is we all have different appetite for risk & different opinions on what that means. It’s complicated and a lot of the experts disagree too!

Just because politicians and Twitter reduce everything to conflict and taking sides doesn’t mean we need to do the same. 

Maybe I’m over optimistic for a discussion forum 😂

Well yeah, people can still take actions to reduce their personal risk. But I’m not really bothered about personal risk, but about the impact of all this overall - especially on our healthcare system. 

The vaccines work so well that I don't see a credible way in which the NHS will be over run and the experts that matter seem to agree at the moment. 

If we delay and as they say that means Spring 2022 I have no idea how people could be okay with that. That would be 2 whole years.

Now I will probs be greeted by some with the usual ' this isn't proper lockdown' 'if you can't cope with what we have now then you are too reliant on other things to make you happy' nonsense. And to that I say a pre-emptive 'fuck off'. 2 years of no festivals, no travel and no sitting in a pub with more than 5 of your fucking mates is not proper living. 

I supported lockdowns in the past when they were needed but now we have vaccines and lot of people with them in their arms, as @zahidfwould say - enough is enough !

• Upvote 2