When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

I haven't moved the goalposts, I'm just saying that's my view on how I feel we should be proceeding.

Well fair enough if you always thought that. I didn't agree to the principle of restrictions until all adults were double jabbed. 

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

No-one works 100% focused all day in the office either. You chat to colleagues about all sorts in the office. I think for many this forum is the substitute for that.

End of the day bosses don't care as long as the work gets done. 

Or maybe it's just relief from some on here who don't actually do anything productive that they can go back to being seen to be in the office so no-one will start questioning what they actually deliver! 😄

Middle management

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Every single country in the world which hasn't closed their borders (like Oz and NZ) will be doing the same as the UK as soon as they to the same death/hospitalisation stage. I certainly don't think we are massively different to most countries in the scheme of things.

Maybe not if have similar rise in cases

57 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Personally, still think it's fucking reckless when 50% of the population are not fully vaccinated. This proper opening could have been pushed back to August once we had everyone done - but hey ho I guess.

Almost pre empting down votes from certain ividduals to this post.

Not going to downvote you. Just going to enjoy your faux outrage and tears. We are getting our freedom back in two weeks and there is absolutely nothing you lockdown loving weirdos can do about it. Pleasing 🙂 

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know it's only my view but I would think we need to get the adults vaccinated, I'm not thinking about getting the kids done. It might not ultra cautious what I'm saying but in my mind it feels like the logical thing to do especially we are fairly close to all adults have 2 doses.

Those who haven't had two jabs are at such a low risk of complications - the way the cases are going were all going to end up catching it anyway might aswell get it over and done with. 

Looking forward to ordering a pint at the bar, standing round with my pals not having to forward think about how many are going etc and plan the whole day/night bar by bar weeks in advance.

I'm sure the novelty will soon ware off and I’ll be back sat at the table ordering on my app but exciting times!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Feck me the Helen Lovejoy brigade are out in force tonight. Do other countries have so many absolute lockdown living arseholes in their population? 

Give it a rest please … I remember the respect people gave you when you struggled with lockdown … please have a think about those that might be struggling with the opening up phase which is equally as justifiable 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Put those two threads together and you can see your future in Manchester it seems...

The burden that the hospitals are under in Manchester was extreme before Covid hit us. I have seen old people lay in corridors as there was no place to put them. Unfortunately I have been a regular at hospitals in Manchester over the last decade or so. The staff are utterly fantastic and literally saved my life a few times now. The conditions and workload they have to operate under is a disgrace.

16 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Looking forward to ordering a pint at the bar, standing round with my pals not having to forward think about how many are going etc and plan the whole day/night bar by bar weeks in advance.

I'm sure the novelty will soon ware off and I’ll be back sat at the table ordering on my app but exciting times!

That's great mate mate! Personally I'm bit on the other sound of things at the moment but I'm happy you are feeling excited about things!

18 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

In full agreement. Bring on the 19th. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That's great mate mate! Personally I'm bit on the other sound of things at the moment but I'm happy you are feeling excited about things!

Cheers, yeah everyone just take it at their own pace and enjoy it as and when

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

First thing I'll be doing is latitude so I have a feeling there'll be no worries in normal life after that...

7 weeks till beautifull days for me … sink or swim time … gonna do a few things to build up b4 … and drink plenty of alcohol 🍷 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

First thing I'll be doing is latitude so I have a feeling there'll be no worries in normal life after that...

Same here! Also have an end of year meal with my work the night before and I also have my birthday the weekend after so I can finally plan things for that. I’ll try and be as cautious of things as I can but in all honesty I’m so excited to get back into it 😄

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

only a slither of people make it beyond 5+ years, and usually those move on before they get too expensive to keep hired.

Can't tell if this is a scathing attack on the moral character of these people or a typo.

29 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

I wonder whether some pubs/bars will have to decide on app or bar service rather than operating both.

I just have visions of lots of people moaning that their app order is taking longer because of a queue at the bar or people at the bar waiting for ages whilst the app orders are delivered!

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not going to downvote you. Just going to enjoy your faux outrage and tears. We are getting our freedom back in two weeks and there is absolutely nothing you lockdown loving weirdos can do about it. Pleasing 🙂 

Taking pleasure in the distress of others. Is that necessary? What do you get out of it? Sad really. 

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Me too. I'm going to rinse out as much enjoyment as possible from those four days and nights. Right now, I can't look beyond that. Despite everything that's been said today, in my eyes, the situation has never been more uncertain 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Doesn't mean you have to do it as well 🤷

You are right.

I don't think anyone has sat there and mocked/laughed as we got put into any of the lockdowns. I remember people actually being pretty supportive and offering advice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4