When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, august1 said:

Kate Middleton isolating after coming into contact with someone. Its been stated she's had two jabs. The 'first' one very publicly 4 weeks ago? hmm 

Yeah there’s something fishy about that. She got her first vaccine on June 1 and the advice is 8 weeks minimum gap. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah there’s something fishy about that. She got her first vaccine on June 1 and the advice is 8 weeks minimum gap. 

my total guess is that she had the first one well in advance of when she due to have it due to being royal, then publicly got the second when the first was due.

18 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’m getting an ever increasing sense that a number of people (both high profile and Mr Joe Public) actually want the easing of restrictions to go tits up, to use as a form of political point scoring in future. They’ll be queuing up with the ‘I told you so’s at the first opportunity. 

Don't trust that sense, it's your brain tricking you - no-one wants it to go tits up, no one wants more hospitalisations, more dead friends and relatives. 

Yes, if it goes wrong people will score political points of it but that's different to wanting it to happen.

23 minutes ago, st dan said:

Articles like this are so frustrating. Who actually knows how this will unfold until we try it out? Let’s not set it up to fail eh, like Peston is clearly attempting to do here.  

I’m getting an ever increasing sense that a number of people (both high profile and Mr Joe Public) actually want the easing of restrictions to go tits up, to use as a form of political point scoring in future. They’ll be queuing up with the ‘I told you so’s at the first opportunity. 
I personally have absolutely no time for any of these cretins in charge of the country at present, and would absolutely never vote for them in an election, but am fully behind supporting them trying to get things back to ‘normal’. 

Yup. At the end of the day, these restrictions arent normal and we should get them in the bin ASAP. I want strong reasons why we should keep them, not strong reasons to remove them

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pretty grim this, leading SAGE scientist Susan Mitchie advocating for lifetime masks and lockdowns. Coincidentally a member of the British Communist Party. No surprise she’s uneasy with the state giving up some controls on individuals. She clearly doesn’t trust individuals to be smart enough to keep themselves alive or make their own decisions.

I think she addressed that.

20 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

6 week minimum gap for Pfizer in NI so I assume it is the same in England.

Still not quite 4 mind you

29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've seen acquaintances on Facebook who have been told to isolate but the rest of their family are still leaving the house. It seems odd to me that you could be asked to self-isolate because you sat 2 tables away from someone in a restaurant but that your family who have been in close proximity with you for a couple of days after you went to that restaurant can still just go where they want. 

That's actually OK as per the rules/guidelines. If you've been pinged you are supposed to minimise contact with others in your house (eg, I'm staying in my room and using the kitchen when I know others aren't about) but unless you get a positive PCR or are showing symptoms, then others are free to carry on. Not saying it's correct, or even consistent, but then that's not really been a theme of the last year and a bit. Be a nightmare for my employers if we all had to isolate just based on getting alerted by the app. I live in one of 3 staff houses so that'd be a third of the staff taken out in one go

9 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

That's actually OK as per the rules/guidelines. If you've been pinged you are supposed to minimise contact with others in your house (eg, I'm staying in my room and using the kitchen when I know others aren't about) but unless you get a positive PCR or are showing symptoms, then others are free to carry on. Not saying it's correct, or even consistent, but then that's not really been a theme of the last year and a bit. Be a nightmare for my employers if we all had to isolate just based on getting alerted by the app. I live in one of 3 staff houses so that'd be a third of the staff taken out in one go

Yes wasn't saying that they were breaking any rules but if you eat at the same restaurant or cafe as someone but not with them you're highly unlikely to have caught it but if you have caught it the couple of days lag between you going out and getting the message your family that you live with would be more likely to pick it up from you than you would be from the original exposure based on the level of interaction. You've probably kissed your spouse and kids for example in that timeframe so it seems odd not to trust you to go out but let them move freely. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Isn't it officialy accepted that project fear was successful beyond all imagination?  

Is it? Has it been officially acknowledged anywhere that that's even what was happening? Genuine question, it just seems weird that we would have had official confirmation of any of that happening given we're still sort of in the position of wanting compliance at the moment.

I know there have been leaks and stuff but I'm curious as to anything official on the whole "project fear" thing?

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

Is it? Has it been officially acknowledged anywhere that that's even what was happening? Genuine question, it just seems weird that we would have had official confirmation of any of that happening given we're still sort of in the position of wanting compliance at the moment.

I know there have been leaks and stuff but I'm curious as to anything official on the whole "project fear" thing?

It’s literally in the SAGE minutes from March 2020. 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes wasn't saying that they were breaking any rules but if you eat at the same restaurant or cafe as someone but not with them you're highly unlikely to have caught it but if you have caught it the couple of days lag between you going out and getting the message your family that you live with would be more likely to pick it up from you than you would be from the original exposure based on the level of interaction. You've probably kissed your spouse and kids for example in that timeframe so it seems odd not to trust you to go out but let them move freely. 

Oh yeah, it's all bonkers. None of it makes sense. Even after a negative test I'm still supposed to see out my isolation because I was once in the vicinity of a person who may not have had covid at the time but then went on to test positive. And I've had 2 jabs. Bonkers.