When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder if they will keep various aspects like recommending WFH.

My dad works for Natwest and they've been told to get ready for blended working so essentially working from home but going out for meetings if they were important, I could see many other places taking that on board too

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

My dad works for Natwest and they've been told to get ready for blended working so essentially working from home but going out for meetings if they were important, I could see many other places taking that on board too

My place of work is planning for something like that after the pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

That’s how I’m meant to work, but not been able to for the last 12 months. 

10 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Let's hope tomorrow they finally tell us what they consider to be an acceptable amount for cases, deaths and hospitalisations and what we need to consider lockdown territory 

It’s very difficult for any elected official to stand up and say they’d accept any number of deaths. 

It shouldn’t be difficult, ‘cos we should have a society capable of a grown up conversation. And it’s plain as day that’s actually the trade off we’re looking at here.

But in the real world, it would be a particularly stupid politician who gave their opponents such an obvious gift. 

Possible one of the scientists comes out with it I guess, but even they will probably be briefed to stay clear of putting it in such stark terms.

15 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Let's hope tomorrow they finally tell us what they consider to be an acceptable amount for cases, deaths and hospitalisations and what we need to consider lockdown territory 

I don't know if we'll ever get actual numbers, they might just say we will treat it same as we do flu (although we don't need to vaccinate so many or lockdown for flu), but in the end if health services are looking like they will get overwhelmed we will have restrictions. Hopefully won't ever come to that.

48 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Interesting they're considering vaccine passports if hospitalisations get too bad, perhaps this is a genuine sign we won't lock down again and therefore he'll keep his irreversible promise 

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They will if it gets real bad.

At the moment considering there are quite a lot of reports of people with 2 vaccines who have symptomatic covid (I know 2 personally, albeit in the same family/household) surely it'd need to be a testing regime when they bring those in. Especially as some will have had 3 and others 2.

Edited by efcfanwirral

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The next thing we should talk about is whose employer is going to take a Goldman Sachs approach in NY and demand a 5 day return to office week?

Plenty already have (and did so after the initial lockdown), luckily mine aren't one of those.

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Plenty already have (and did so after the initial lockdown), luckily mine aren't one of those.

I’m finding it alarming how many US companies are basically saying - fuck any remote working in any capacity you’ve all got to come back.

I at least thought hybrid would be the future, but hybrid seems to be a European thing for the big players.

What I can’t get my head around is how a US company has a “fuck remote working” policy for their US offices and a hybrid policy for their European offices.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m finding it alarming how many US companies are basically saying - fuck any remote working in any capacity you’ve all got to come back.

I at least thought hybrid would be the future, but hybrid seems to be a European thing for the big players.

What I can’t get my head around is how a US company has a “fuck remote working” policy for their US offices and a hybrid policy for their European offices.

The US is generally a lot worse in regards to employee benefits and all that isn't it? I work for a US based company with offices in Europe and they've told us we'll be moving to hybrid working but haven't actually stated what that'll be yet.

Will be interesting to see if it's different in the US compared to over here!

11 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The US is generally a lot worse in regards to employee benefits and all that isn't it? I work for a US based company with offices in Europe and they've told us we'll be moving to hybrid working but haven't actually stated what that'll be yet.

Will be interesting to see if it's different in the US compared to over here!

Yeah the US has always been pretty shit for holiday pay and benefits so doesn't surprise me at all.

Anecdotally most people I know who work in offices have been told things will be more flexible and they can do a hybrid approach. I'm technically  freelance so kind of up to me but will eventually go back to half and half. Not until the distancing guidelines have ended in offices though. I don't see any point at all in going in just to sit really far away from people.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl