When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ah that’s a real shame … ive moved on too a level I’m happy with Thankyou … from being scared to leave my front door …back to work in a busy supermarket  to a level where I’m meeting some of my new friends ive gained during the pandemic .. going to gigs and a festival in august .. fingers crossed .. I’d say that’s a decent amount of moving on … yeah I’m cautious on somethings still but that will change 

Which all sounds sensible and understandable to me.

The vast majority are like you thankfully, just a small minority of warriors out there trying to be so butch, and failing.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ah that’s a real shame … ive moved on too a level I’m happy with Thankyou … from being scared to leave my front door …back to work in a busy supermarket  to a level where I’m meeting some of my new friends ive gained during the pandemic .. going to gigs and a festival in august .. fingers crossed .. I’d say that’s a decent amount of moving on … yeah I’m cautious on somethings still but that will change 

Good for you, everyone will go at their own pace and some will still understandable be cautious about the virus. Even if someone is being cautious it’s nothing negative against that person. 

26 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Another one here who has unfortunately joined the Covid club this week. 
So annoying having managed to not catch it thus far, but pleased to say it seems mild and currently just a cough and slight loss of smell. 
I’m thinking that’s down to my single dose of Pfizer doing it’s thing.

I’ve heard of more people I know having it right now than the rest of the pandemic combined and that’s ages 27-32.

On the subject of vaccines I have a question if you wouldn’t mind @Toilet Duck

First dose of Pfizer was May 29th, 2nd booked for 22nd July, but as currently I have Covid (isolation finishes 6th July) should I delay my 2nd jab? 
Is there an ideal gap between recovery and jab?

Howdy, current guidelines are 4 weeks from when your symptoms stop. On the plus side, the combination of vaccination and natural infection will give you broader immunity in the long run, but you may need to push dose 2 out to the end of the month/early August. Won’t impact your Covid health status though as recovered from PCR-confirmed infection is on all the lists for travel etc. Take care and get better soon! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My brother early on was told he needed to wait 1 month after covid for 1st dose  not sure if that applies for second doses ? 

Ha, replied to the above before I saw this! Yep, guidance is the same for both doses. 

God she’s annoying. They’ve found their new narrative now though, as they love to shift the goal posts.

Now it is lockdown until the end of September and vaccinate 11 - 17 year olds.

Also looking through her posts - of course some UCL doctor is out of touch with the harm of having kids constantly in and out of school.

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

God she’s annoying. They’ve found their new narrative now though, as they love to shift the goal posts.

Now it is lockdown until the end of September and vaccinate 11 - 17 year olds.

Also looking through her posts - of course some UCL doctor is out of touch with the harm of having kids constantly in and out of school.

Desperate to get on the pagel hate bandwagon?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Desperate to get on the pagel hate bandwagon?

But she’s extremely annoying. It’s always bad news. When we get good news she finds something bad. It sounds like projection to me. She wants everyone to be as doomsday as she is.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:22 PM, gizmoman said:

Wow, so they are going ahead and manufacturing 30 million doses for the UK of a vaccine that doesn't even prevent the disease. At best in minimises the symptoms. The fact is that the vast majority don't get a bad form of the disease so the only people who would really benefit from this vaccine would be the elderly or compromised. It will be hard to make an argument to give otherwise healthy people a vaccine that doesn't actually stop them getting the disease.

So, over a year ago i pointed out that the vaccines don't stop you getting the disease and questioned the need to vaccinate the young and healthy, we now have people in this thread double jabbed and catching Covid even though the majority of the adult population have had at least one jab. The jab clearly cant stop transmission of the disease just reduce the effects, so why are we continuing to demand younger people and children get jabbed? It won't eradicate the disease and these people are not at risk from severe Covid it will just be a flu like effect for the vast majority of them. We may as well just let it run now the vunerable are protected. Hoping to reduce "cases" (positive tests) by continuous vaccinations won't work.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So don't read her tweets.

I would happily avoid her if she wasn’t 

- constantly on the news

- appearing in my feed because her tweets get picked up by every media outlet going.

- and she tries to get in the limelight every opportunity going.

I wish I could just not read her tweets. Nice playschool argument there.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

- appearing in my feed because her tweets get picked up by every media outlet going.

And then you share on here

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

- and she tries to get in the limelight every option going.

Tbf I think you can, if you go to ‘muted’ in your settings on Twitter you can have certain words muted so they won’t pop up on your feed. So in theory if you muted ‘Pagel’ I don’t think yuk would see any of her stuff. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

And then you share on here

Just now, Ozanne said:

Tbf I think you can, if you go to ‘muted’ in your settings on Twitter you can have certain words muted so they won’t pop up on your feed. So in theory if you muted ‘Pagel’ I don’t think yuk would see any of her stuff. 

These arguments are so immature. Of course I care about some knobhead actively trying to terrify people with reopening anxiety. 

I’m not going to ignore her because she’s actually causing damage to people. 

These arguments are so immature. Of course I care about some knobhead actively trying to terrify people with reopening anxiety. 

There has been a jump in hospital admissions

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to argue with you, I was genuinely offering a suggestion to a way you can avoid her comments. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

- constantly on the news

Seriously ? I’m not actively avoiding her .. she does appear from time to time just like many others with opinions on covid but it’s pretty easy to switch off … 95% of the time I’m aware of her because of people whinging about her on here 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There has been a jump in hospital admissions

Shock horror but a zero Covid strategy is a race to the bottom. Even 10 years ago from now we will still have a rate of hospitalisations from COVID. Just like the flu, and various other diseases.

We are more open now than we’ve been for a long time and a lot of people have sacked the rules completely. It’s entirely expected we will see effect. But this not a surge and this is not a ‘wave’.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Shock horror but a zero Covid strategy is a race to the bottom. Even 10 years ago from now we will still have a rate of hospitalisations from COVID. Just like the flu, and various other diseases.

We are more open now than we’ve been for a long time and a lot of people have sacked the rules completely. It’s entirely expected we will see effect. But this not a surge and this is not a ‘wave’.

She isn't saying zero covid, she is just worried that we are relaxing all restrictions too early before as many as poss get vaccinated etc. Anyway cba with another pagel argument. Looks like 19th July will go ahead but they may ask people to be careful, make it personal responsibility, and then we'll just have to see how it goes.

20 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

So, over a year ago i pointed out that the vaccines don't stop you getting the disease and questioned the need to vaccinate the young and healthy, we now have people in this thread double jabbed and catching Covid even though the majority of the adult population have had at least one jab. The jab clearly cant stop transmission of the disease just reduce the effects, so why are we continuing to demand younger people and children get jabbed? It won't eradicate the disease and these people are not at risk from severe Covid it will just be a flu like effect for the vast majority of them. We may as well just let it run now the vunerable are protected. Hoping to reduce "cases" (positive tests) by continuous vaccinations won't work.

I saw a tweet the other day that summed it up perfectly. A vaccine is cheaper than an occupied hospital bed. 

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Apparently this has now been scrapped.... NHS London have caused chaos saying that over 40s have to wait 8 weeks for second, no questions and under 40s 12 weeks. 

Loads of people kicking off as they all had flyers through telling them to go. 

Edit:

Edited by Havors