When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

JAB DA KIDS

I have some American work colleagues, I haven't really had the need to speak to them for a few months but the last I did Covid was rife and the vaccine uptake was minimal.

Spoke to her this week and get whole family have now had it including her 13 year old daughter.

My littlen is 12 and I'd be lying if I said I'm a little nervous giving it her

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is the supply there for all of them?  

Also...

It amazes me how indie sage and their followers are the only ones who seem genuinely terrified about the next step, sure other experts are urging caution and are recommending some measures stay but not on this scale. They seem to be convinced of a herd immunity conspiracy or something and forgetting the other 60% of adults who are fully jabbed (and that number grows every day). The fact of the matter is Boris is a populist and knows any roll back later in the year would probably end his tenure (cautious but irreversible) so he's more likely to keep the extra measures such as masks so he doesn't have to

2 hours ago, Stretlow said:

I have some American work colleagues, I haven't really had the need to speak to them for a few months but the last I did Covid was rife and the vaccine uptake was minimal.

Spoke to her this week and get whole family have now had it including her 13 year old daughter.

My littlen is 12 and I'd be lying if I said I'm a little nervous giving it her

How are you feeling this morning?

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Girlfriend's friend and her mum tested positive - fever, cough, they feel awful. Both double vaccinated 

As they’ve had both doses they should be fine and it should stay fairly mild! Good thoughts their way. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So big push from the usual suspects to keep face masks etc beyond July 19th to stop the spread 

But it's currently spreading 

Great logic 

Mayb just mayb … it’s holding it back somewhat … or mayb the people that have ditched them are causing a proportion of that spread along with the relaxation of some of the restrictions… I mean that was always expected wasn’t it ?! 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Loving the maybe...  while are freedoms are held back.  

It's time to move on.

Masks are the least of my concerns in certain circumstances…  I met a load of lovely efest people yesterday .. I’ve moved on thanks … and wearing a mask doesn’t stop me moving on … it’s just a piece of cloth 

Another one here who has unfortunately joined the Covid club this week. 
So annoying having managed to not catch it thus far, but pleased to say it seems mild and currently just a cough and slight loss of smell. 
I’m thinking that’s down to my single dose of Pfizer doing it’s thing.

I’ve heard of more people I know having it right now than the rest of the pandemic combined and that’s ages 27-32.

On the subject of vaccines I have a question if you wouldn’t mind @Toilet Duck

First dose of Pfizer was May 29th, 2nd booked for 22nd July, but as currently I have Covid (isolation finishes 6th July) should I delay my 2nd jab? 
Is there an ideal gap between recovery and jab?

Just now, gherring8 said:

Another one here who has unfortunately joined the Covid club this week. 
So annoying having managed to not catch it thus far, but pleased to say it seems mild and currently just a cough and slight loss of smell. 
I’m thinking that’s down to my single dose of Pfizer doing it’s thing.

I’ve heard of more people I know having it right now than the rest of the pandemic combined and that’s ages 27-32.

On the subject of vaccines I have a question if you wouldn’t mind @Toilet Duck

First dose of Pfizer was May 29th, 2nd booked for 22nd July, but as currently I have Covid (isolation finishes 6th July) should I delay my 2nd jab? 
Is there an ideal gap between recovery and jab?

My brother early on was told he needed to wait 1 month after covid for 1st dose  not sure if that applies for second doses ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My brother early on was told he needed to wait 1 month after covid for 1st dose  not sure if that applies for second doses ? 

Mate has caught it. Was due for 2nd dose 9th July. Advised to rebook 28 days from symptom start date.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Me too put this thread doesn't demand your attention if you have moved on I guess 

I don't believe you have moved on  

Ah that’s a real shame … ive moved on too a level I’m happy with Thankyou … from being scared to leave my front door …back to work in a busy supermarket  to a level where I’m meeting some of my new friends ive gained during the pandemic .. going to gigs and a festival in august .. fingers crossed .. I’d say that’s a decent amount of moving on … yeah I’m cautious on somethings still but that will change 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6