When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Agree with you both that we’ve been pretty hard hit so far in terms of both lockdowns and deaths.

I suspect you guys may agree with me in a year or two though when the pandemic has long since ended in the UK and Australia is still stuck in stage 2/3 of their process. 

I think by then we'll have produced enough vaccines to vaccinated the whole world twice over and Australia won't be at the bottom of the list by any means.

But even if you're right, and Australia carry on like this for another 2 years, they'll *still* have had less lockdown than we have by a huge amount.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apparently palestine has rejected as too close to expiry date. Seems a bit silly.

Palistine has not got the infrastructure to actually administer the doses and would have to give back the same number from an order they have coming later in the year.

Now is Israel offered to administer the jabs.........................

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Palistine has not got the infrastructure to actually administer the doses and would have to give back the same number from an order they have coming later in the year.

well in that article it says they're waiting to receive directly from pfizer instead.

Maybe there would be more hesitancy if got the old stuff israel didn't want?

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well in that article it says they're waiting to receive directly from pfizer instead.

To be fair, I can totally get the distrust in Palestine receiving them from Israel directly at any time, never mind when they're close to the expiry date when anything that goes wrong could be blamed on that

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

image.thumb.png.f57b04dbdfa7f0e7bd6938cb3dc01624.png

image.thumb.png.45c0ad0f7ce825bc235d70d6d573139e.png

Hopefully the discharges continue to keep up pace - the number in hospital was 927 on June 1st so it hasn't even doubled in the last month, 

Allowing for a week lag, the 24th May cases was 2,439 and 24th June was 16,703 so many more times the cases but those actually in hospital remain low, whatever is happening with admissions. It's not looking too bad as long as that ratio of admissions vs discharges continues

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The deal was that they got Israels now (which they cannot administer in time) but then had to give Israel theirs later in the year - so a lose lose for Palestine

40 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The deal was that they got Israels now (which they cannot administer in time) but then had to give Israel theirs later in the year - so a lose lose for Palestine

Even if they were best buddies I can see why Palestine wouldn't want to swap their fresh jabs later for some old ones now. Add in the politics/religion and it's no wonder they've turned down this deal.

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Even if they were best buddies I can see why Palestine wouldn't want to swap their fresh jabs later for some old ones now. Add in the politics/religion and it's no wonder they've turned down this deal.

As I said in my first reply a while ago - Palistine does not have the ability to administer 1 million jabs before the expiry date. That is why they don't want them.

If they took them (and they asked for less than all and were denied) they would use around a third but still have to give the full number when they get theirs later in the year.

Not politics, simple maths - if Israel offered to help administer the ball game changes.

They did not offer.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Correct decision.

Sajid Javid must be something to do with it ❤️❤️

This love you have for Sajid Javid might be one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen on the internet.