When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Sod of you big tart - not the same all.

You need to take your own advice 

Bless you and thank you for absolutely proving my point.

You hate it when it is against you but anyone who dares to suggest you are in anyway wrong gets attacked.

I shall take my own advice - which was to be thoughtful and kind and consider others................ which is exactly what my post was doing - considering all those others you attack without reason at the same time as showing empathy for your situation.

You would know that if you were not so angry and intent on attacking people at every turn.

Peace and love Mr Fish

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A man never puts himself in the middle of angry women specially when it's angry mums - nothing good comes of that 😛 

The one guy who WhatsApp me kicking off was told this though.

Na these busy body f**kers need telling... its harassment..

Get stuck in...

Report back 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

A four-step plan and it’s acknowledged they won’t even be entering step 2 until next year.

I’m just hoping that’s incredibly cautious. I know other people have had it much worse than me, but it will have been two years since I last hugged my parents at Christmas. They both turn seventy this year. I reckon I can just about hang on until next June but these very long, vague forecasts while Australia is like a fortress, cut off from the rest of the world, is going to end up doing me in if it drags into the second half of next year. Just got to hope for the best and stay strong I guess. 

35 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A man never puts himself in the middle of angry women specially when it's angry mums - nothing good comes of that 😛 

The one guy who WhatsApp me kicking off was told this though.

Not as brave when you aren't anonymous 

• Upvote 2

Just been pinged for 5 days in the birdhouse from a contact I had last Saturday evening... 

Its a good job that in the mean time I've not been on the train twice. Shop multiple times. A face to face meeting. The pub. The boys swimming lesson and to school several times. 

2 out of the 4 of us who had a couple of pints last Saturday pinged other two not... Must have been the perspex screen between us and another table in the pub that the two of us got the ping from. 

40 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Not as brave when you aren't anonymous 

That's a terrible slur to make against a respected senior forum member like Barry Fish.  He's an assertive and successful businessman and devoted, model father who digs deep to make the time to fill these pages with his considered thoughts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  He's my inspiration.

1888960637_MMOGuy.thumb.jpg.b7ec862fd6c007db1c0343639030c73f.jpg

Edited by The Toxic Avenger

50 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m just hoping that’s incredibly cautious. I know other people have had it much worse than me, but it will have been two years since I last hugged my parents at Christmas. They both turn seventy this year. I reckon I can just about hang on until next June but these very long, vague forecasts while Australia is like a fortress, cut off from the rest of the world, is going to end up doing me in if it drags into the second half of next year. Just got to hope for the best and stay strong I guess. 

Sorry you may have explained this before but do you live there permamently? 

One of my friends has lived in Melbourne since 2013, used to come back once every 18 months or so but now not been back for two years and no sign of when he'll next be allowed over....his parents have never met their grandchild! (born June 2020)

54 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Just been pinged for 5 days in the birdhouse from a contact I had last Saturday evening... 

Its a good job that in the mean time I've not been on the train twice. Shop multiple times. A face to face meeting. The pub. The boys swimming lesson and to school several times. 

2 out of the 4 of us who had a couple of pints last Saturday pinged other two not... Must have been the perspex screen between us and another table in the pub that the two of us got the ping from. 

Everyone will be self isolating soon! 

22 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I know it's only one day etc etc but at least seeing Scotland's reported cases down a few hundred today from yesterday. 3823 today, 4234 yesterday. Hopefully the peak is soon/ hit but who knows to be honest, the positivity rate is still v high.

How long is it since they got knocked out of the Euros...?

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Everyone will be self isolating soon! 

I think the idea post July 19th is that if you've come into contact with a positive test, you will take daily tests rather than self isolate. Otherwise - as you say -  we could end up with a sizeable percentage of the country isolating, with cases rising.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think it’s even comparable, as you say we have 130k deaths in the U.K. which is one of the highest in the world. Australia clearly has done better on the whole with their handling of the pandemic. 

For now. 

That could change if they dont get vaccinating. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is a complete disgrace.

A four-step plan and it’s acknowledged they won’t even be entering step 2 until next year.

Meanwhile the UK is on track to bin all restrictions on social contact in just over two weeks.

Anyone still think Australia has done better than us? 

Yes, ignoring the deaths for a second, at the end of their 4-stage process the average Australian will still have spent less time in lockdown that we have, by a factor of about 10. And the country will have suffered less economic damage.

It does suck for those unable to see relatives in Australian (or Australians not able to see relatives out of there) but honestly that's going to impact on fewer families than those have seen relatives die from COVID here.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yes, ignoring the deaths for a second, at the end of their 4-stage process the average Australian will still have spent less time in lockdown that we have, by a factor of about 10. And the country will have suffered less economic damage.

It does suck for those unable to see relatives in Australian (or Australians not able to see relatives out of there) but honestly that's going to impact on fewer families than those have seen relatives die from COVID here.

I would much much much rather the UK did what Australia did and are doing than the mess we had.

The UK has the longest 'lockdown' of pretty much anywhere in the world and the worst hit economy anywhere in the G20 alongside the worst deaths.

That is what our government has given us.

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

18 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I would much much much rather the UK did what Australia did and are doing than the mess we had.

The UK has the longest 'lockdown' of pretty much anywhere in the world and the worst hit economy anywhere in the G20 alongside the worst deaths.

That is what our government has given us.

Agree with you both that we’ve been pretty hard hit so far in terms of both lockdowns and deaths.

I suspect you guys may agree with me in a year or two though when the pandemic has long since ended in the UK and Australia is still stuck in stage 2/3 of their process.