When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Given the England game on Saturday and therefore how busy the pubs are likely to be all day, I wonder how many of them will actually be closing this weekend if one of their staff members tests positive? I’m going to guess there might be a few ‘bending the rules’ somewhat. 

2 hours ago, TalkShow Bob said:

Do we know what bit of it has been? Is it folks going into each others houses? Or the Tartan Army mobilizing to seize London? Because I thought (the old) COVID was really hard to spread outside? Though I guess they all got together on the trains for hours.

A guy at work said his lad went to London for the match and was fine but his mates who stayed at home all caught it.     

Who knows 🤔

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Depends by what you mean by overwhelmed. I dkosee that point but expanding health care capacity is MUCH better option

I guess I mean they have to turn away people with other conditions like they have previously for a starter...and I think maybe they are going to have to increase health care capacity...but that comes at a price etc etc

Just now, steviewevie said:

I guess I mean they have to turn away people with other conditions like they have previously for a starter...and I think maybe they are going to have to increase health care capacity...but that comes at a price etc etc

They do that in a bad flu year though. I dont see that as good enough of a reason post vaccines.

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

A guy at work said his lad went to London for the match and was fine but his mates who stayed at home all caught it.     

Who knows 🤔

yeah...I don't think can say it is just one particular event...going round people's houses or watching in busy pubs probably just as or more risky.

Just now, zahidf said:

They do that in a bad flu year though. I dont see that as good enough of a reason post vaccines.

yeah...ok...but I guess again it is how bad, the level of it. Surely there is a point where health services can't cope and you have to find something else to prevent getting worse. I'm not saying it's likely, I don't think it is, but it's not impossible either.

27 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Husband has been buzzed by the NHS app. Not sure how we've got this far without either of us needing to isolate, but he's ruined it now!

Hopefully neither of you get any symptoms. Where do you think it was from?

Just checked mine and it looks like I had the SII naughty one as a first dose according to the batch number.......

(apologies for Telegraph link)

"Up to five million doses of this version of the vaccine have been administered in the UK and are identifiable by the vaccine batch numbers (4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003) "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/eu-vaccine-passport-excludes-5m-britons-given-indian-made-astrazeneca/

Edited by Copperface

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Just checked mine and it looks like I had the SII naughty one as a first dose according to the batch number.......

(apologies for Telegraph link)

"Up to five million doses of this version of the vaccine have been administered in the UK and are identifiable by the vaccine batch numbers (4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003) "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/eu-vaccine-passport-excludes-5m-britons-given-indian-made-astrazeneca/

Me too!! I didn’t even know that was a thing!

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully neither of you get any symptoms. Where do you think it was from?

Dunno, we went to Bristol last weekend so it could have been on the train or in a restaurant or something (but then I'd expect to have been buzzed too). He did go to the pub for lunch with work mates this week, so might have been that.

We've both had 1 Pfizer, so chances are he hasn't picked up anything and even if he has we should be alright 🤞

https://www.nomadicnotes.com/july-2021-saigon/

Came across this which details a bit of what's happening in Vietnam. No messing around there! Shutting off residential alleyways and apartment blocks, people testing in actual protective gear. 

Horrible to see it so empty there- loved visiting there and these places will suffer so much more than we will from all this. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://www.nomadicnotes.com/july-2021-saigon/

Came across this which details a bit of what's happening in Vietnam. No messing around there! Shutting off residential alleyways and apartment blocks, people testing in actual protective gear. 

Horrible to see it so empty there- loved visiting there and these places will suffer so much more than we will from all this. 

They were doing so well last spring, I guess delta variant running riot...

50 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Dunno, we went to Bristol last weekend so it could have been on the train or in a restaurant or something (but then I'd expect to have been buzzed too). He did go to the pub for lunch with work mates this week, so might have been that.

We've both had 1 Pfizer, so chances are he hasn't picked up anything and even if he has we should be alright 🤞

You can check the date of the "exposure" in the app in Settings \ Other Data.

Might help narrow things down!

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Good , fair framing of the two different arguments on winter restrictions 

Can’t really argue with any of that. I’m not anti lockdown, I’m double jabbed and that’s roughly what I think now too. 

If that makes me a selfish prick then so be it but I just want my old life back now! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

You can check the date of the "exposure" in the app in Settings \ Other Data.

Might help narrow things down!

Thanks! Looks like it might have been on the train home.

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

There’s going to be a bit of a culture war between those who continue mask wearing and those who bin them, IMO. I think we’ve been spared that culture war in the UK given that face nappies weren’t really used in the first wave and then anti-masker sentiment was quite fringe. However there’s going to be some virtue signalling weirdos and get try to make out that those who abandon face coverings are somehow in the wrong after the 19th.