When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

It depends because schools will break up but then we’ll fully relax all restrictions which could lead to further case rises anyway. 

quite honestly oz .... I dont think what we have left in terms of restrictions seems to be doing much now ....  we are going to get herd immunity by default through infection of the young plus vaccines .......  nightclubs I guess will make some difference but plenty of these people will be mixing in homes under group of 6 rules and likely without now anyway 

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

But a Department of Health spokesman said: “We do not recognise this story and do not know where it has come from.”

I guess after all what’s happened, if they aren’t drawing up plans with options, they would be (even more) negligent. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

But a Department of Health spokesman said: “We do not recognise this story and do not know where it has come from.”

I guess after all what’s happened, if they aren’t drawing up plans with options, they would be (even more) negligent. 

Yeah I'd rather they has some plans in place a day options. Hopefully though the political will won't be there to lock us up again.

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

Government spokespersons deny stories all the time, they wouldn’t admit this outright. As you say though it’s likely they do have plans in place or at least should do. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Government spokespersons deny stories all the time, they wouldn’t admit this outright. As you say though it’s likely they do have plans in place or at least should do. 

Yeah, government spokespeople deny things until they are ready to speak. Newspapers also make shit up for clicks then plonk a government denial way down the article, past the point where lots of people have already stopped reading! It’s hard to tell isn’t it. 

I’d like to think our shitshow of a government are considering all options and possibilities but I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t! 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah, government spokespeople deny things until they are ready to speak. Newspapers also make shit up for clicks then plonk a government denial way down the article, past the point where lots of people have already stopped reading! It’s hard to tell isn’t it. 

I’d like to think our shitshow of a government are considering all options and possibilities but I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t! 

Newspapers often briefed by someone in or close to government who has an agenda. I'm sure there are plans to have restrictions if things go tits up...but we'll just have to see how it goes.

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If this is the case the music industry is fucked. I still don't believe we'll have indoor gigs this winter but I never even considered the future ones! 

Well that's why hopefully these plans will be resisted this winter. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well that's why hopefully these plans will be resisted this winter. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile

forget sage for a minute ... can u name me 1 govt minister or mp that would choose to have restrictions ? 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Sunak, CRG....

But no matter what, if health services are overwhelmed we'll have restrictions so they can keep running...otherwise we're effectively a failed state and the public will punish the govt at the polling booth. Don't think this will happen because the vaccines probably good enough, but it's not as if they won't have restrictions no matter what.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

But no matter what, if health services are overwhelmed we'll have restrictions so they can keep running...otherwise we're effectively a failed state and the public will punish the govt at the polling booth. Don't think this will happen because the vaccines probably good enough, but it's not as if they won't have restrictions no matter what.

the point I was trying to make are that the Tory party are going to be mostly wanting to open things up .... there arent gonna be many of them that will want things closed up ... it doesnt fit with them 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Depends by what you mean by overwhelmed. I dkosee that point but expanding health care capacity is MUCH better option