When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s to do with the reporting. I was speaking about this with my friends who are teachers the other day. They never log their tests anymore as they have to do it twice a week and it’s a faff. They said they would log it when it was positive however. Therefore the % positivity rate has to be taken with a MASSIVE pinch of salt 

54 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Red is the first wave, blue is the second wave/whatever we’re in now.

x axis is how many people are hospitalised each day. y axis is how many people are currently in hospital.

It’s all plotted on exponential axes, so a straight line means it’s going up at the same rate, a line bending up means it’s going quicker and a line bending down means it’s slowing.

Cool thanks never come across a graph like that before

33 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

It’s to do with the reporting. I was speaking about this with my friends who are teachers the other day. They never log their tests anymore as they have to do it twice a week and it’s a faff. They said they would log it when it was positive however. Therefore the % positivity rate has to be taken with a MASSIVE pinch of salt 

thats true ... I dont log the tests I do that I got from work .... to me it could be made easier ... I would log a positive though and get PCR confirmation ... 

45 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Yep, thank that's what it's been.

Do we know what bit of it has been? Is it folks going into each others houses? Or the Tartan Army mobilizing to seize London? Because I thought (the old) COVID was really hard to spread outside? Though I guess they all got together on the trains for hours.

5 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

Do we know what bit of it has been? Is it folks going into each others houses? Or the Tartan Army mobilizing to seize London? Because I thought (the old) COVID was really hard to spread outside? Though I guess they all got together on the trains for hours.

The trains back up were mostly maskless and big groups staying in apartments together means if one caught it a lot more will have. 

The weather was shit so more indoors mixing than if it was sunny too and no fanzones so people all going into pubs to watch the game.

8 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

I think it’s probably both, people coming down from Scotland on the train has probably played quite a big part of it given how transmissible the Delta variant is. 

33 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

The article I posted suggests many of the cases have been linked to a combination of people gathering in large unofficial groups, official Fanzones and going into peoples houses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

when do schools break up ? will that act to slow the rises in cases at all ? 

Lota of different dates.

The 'official' England date is 22nd July but some are earlier, some are the Friday of that week, Wales some are the 29th but others earlier on the 16th.

Just now, steviewevie said:

July 19th!

Depends where you live probably...my kid's school actually finishes July 21st (although her summer hols has already started as she is gcse year).

yeah I only notice once they descend on the supermarket and as ive not been there the last 2 weeks Ive lost track now ..... seems like lots of cases coming from schools now ... although of course it will match community transmission ... a friend tells me he has 6 bubbles out now in his school ... so something clearly needs to change on this now ... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yeah I only notice once they descend on the supermarket and as ive not been there the last 2 weeks Ive lost track now ..... seems like lots of cases coming from schools now ... although of course it will match community transmission ... a friend tells me he has 6 bubbles out now in his school ... so something clearly needs to change on this now ... 

I reckon they will approve vaccinating high school kids over the next few weeks...they need to get them jabbed before schools return in september. Maybe they will also vaccinate younger kids one day...but that may be some time off yet.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I reckon they will approve vaccinating high school kids over the next few weeks...they need to get them jabbed before schools return in september. Maybe they will also vaccinate younger kids one day...but that may be some time off yet.

they are still going to be testing positive though even once jabbed ... and then causing the bubbles to isolate ... just imagine being in the position of trying to run a school like that ... and thats not forgetting the kids .... its really tough ..... vaccinating the high school kids would push us closer to herd immunity though ,,, 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they are still going to be testing positive though even once jabbed ... and then causing the bubbles to isolate ... just imagine being in the position of trying to run a school like that ... and thats not forgetting the kids .... its really tough ..... vaccinating the high school kids would push us closer to herd immunity though ,,, 

I think that will be gone by September too...I assume that is the plan anyway.