When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Not so sure, I think regulations mean it needs a confirmatory PCR test afterwards (well that's the guidance on teaching staff me and my colleagues have been given) 

Yes that is the case but some it takes time for the false positives to be removed from the system. 

8 hours ago, BobWillis2 said:

So it turns out there probably isn’t a big spike in school age infections. The kids have learnt how to guarantee a false positive LFT by using fruit juice. 

Adults: The poor kids are missing out on so many life experiences and a valuable education because of covid shut-downs.

The kids: Hold my juice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobWillis2 said:

Feel free to try it yourself. Orange juice and lemon juice = positive LFT. 

Hey Bob, yeah I know it works, my wife LFT's twice a week as she works in a nursery and we tried it after my daughter pointed this out to us via tictok last week.  Thing is the acid in the juice destroys the test, hence the false reading.  Any self test system is open for abuse I agree and LFT's are not really a very accurate test anyway which is why these are backed by PCR.   You can get false results from any scientific test if you deliberately try I guess.

Either way I personally think it's time to open up, trust the vaccines and fuck this government.  

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I am desperate for events to go ahead but it seems nuts to me that we are going to go from "not even 100 capacity venues can open up at full cap" to "any sized event can go ahead without any testing or restrictions." The government's all or nothing approach to the music and nightlife industry is really odd.

• Upvote 1

Am I alone in being pissed off about holidays being opened up for fully vaccinated when it’s people my age or younger who’ve sacrificed our lives for the last 15 months for them (with little risks of covid for us) and then the older members of society who’ve been offered both jabs can do more now? Seems so wrong. 

F***ing boomers

Just now, JB15 said:

Am I alone in being pissed off about holidays being opened up for fully vaccinated when it’s people my age or younger who’ve sacrificed our lives for the last 15 months for them (with little risks of covid for us) and then the older members of society who’ve been offered both jabs can do more now? Seems so wrong. 

F***ing boomers

Whilst I understand totally isn’t it important that there is a holiday industry left for the younger people to use … so getting people out and spending their money helps bars survive … and going forward enables youngsters to use them after a short wait to get the jabs 

I have my second dose of Pfizer booked for 13 July at the mass vaccination centre in Bristol. It's the day before we go on a five-day holiday to Cornwall - our first holiday in a year, and first day off I'll have had in 2021. Anecdotally, I've heard of people getting pretty ill with flu-like symptoms after the second dose. I've been trying every day to move my jab forward by a few days (it's currently nine weeks after jab 1) but the website consistently shows no availability at my centre. Weighing up whether to take the risk of cancelling blind and trying to rebook at another centre that has Pfizer further away, but potentially ending up with a much later jab, or sticking with what I've got and running the risk of feeling like death warmed up on our holiday. What to do? 🤔

I managed to sneak my 2nd pfizer jab in last night. They opened up a walkin for 1st or 2nd dose of either vaccine for the day. Lucky I caught it on facebook or I would still be waiting until 2nd August. 

3 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

I have my second dose of Pfizer booked for 13 July at the mass vaccination centre in Bristol. It's the day before we go on a five-day holiday to Cornwall - our first holiday in a year, and first day off I'll have had in 2021. Anecdotally, I've heard of people getting pretty ill with flu-like symptoms after the second dose. I've been trying every day to move my jab forward by a few days (it's currently nine weeks after jab 1) but the website consistently shows no availability at my centre. Weighing up whether to take the risk of cancelling blind and trying to rebook at another centre that has Pfizer further away, but potentially ending up with a much later jab, or sticking with what I've got and running the risk of feeling like death warmed up on our holiday. What to do? 🤔

I felt nothing apart from a little tiredness after my second Pfizer. It's a total lottery. However, I probably wouldn't run the risk if it's your first holiday in ages and you're only away for five days. Keep trying for an earlier one maybe.

10 minutes ago, JB15 said:

F***ing boomers

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Whilst I understand totally isn’t it important that there is a holiday industry left for the younger people to use … so getting people out and spending their money helps bars survive … and going forward enables youngsters to use them after a short wait to get the jabs 

Neither of you are wrong but the correct approach is to open it for EVERYONE, not just the fully vaccinated. 

Remember that vaccines and quarantine notwithstanding, you STILL need a negative covid test to even get on the plane home. That should be enough, IMO, to allow people from Amber countries to come in to the UK and not bother self-isolating, although I'd keep the red list for known hotspots and I'd still ask people to take a PCR on day 2 and 8 for sequencing reasons (and to self-isolate if it comes back positive) 

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I felt nothing apart from a little tiredness after my second Pfizer. It's a total lottery. However, I probably wouldn't run the risk if it's your first holiday in ages and you're only away for five days. Keep trying for an earlier one maybe.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to how it affects people. I was absolutely fine after jab 1. The problem is, I've been trying the rebooking site twice a day for three weeks, and nothing comes up, and you can't check availability for other centres without cancelling - so it's a bit of a gamble. Hey ho, I'm just thankful to be fortunate to be booked in and light at the end of a very long tunnel. Can't wait to have that first haircut, I look like Worzel Gummidge after six months sleeping on Pete Doherty's sofa.

7 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to how it affects people. I was absolutely fine after jab 1. The problem is, I've been trying the rebooking site twice a day for three weeks, and nothing comes up, and you can't check availability for other centres without cancelling - so it's a bit of a gamble. Hey ho, I'm just thankful to be fortunate to be booked in and light at the end of a very long tunnel. Can't wait to have that first haircut, I look like Worzel Gummidge after six months sleeping on Pete Doherty's sofa.

I thought they had changed that now so you can?

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I thought they had changed that now so you can?

They changed it so that you could check availability at the centre you're already booked in without cancelling. But if you want to check other centres, you've got to first give up your appointment.

12 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

You can now check availability. It only check the centre that you have your booking with though so its a bit shit. It should check centres close to the one you have booking with also. 

Edit: just seen your reply haha

You can cancel and check then rebook your old spot if you dont take ages about it. I rebooked the same appointment twice while checking. 

Edited by Havors

30 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Keep an eye open for council/ local Heath authority ran walk in clinics. These are separate to the national system. 

some run appointments others don’t. 

Is it just me or has this been one of the most dissapointing summers (weather wise) in recent memory?

Fair enough we don't want heat waves and extreme weather, but there's been like 2 days over 25.... And looking at the long range forecast it doesnt look much better.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:
Is it just me or has this been one of the most dissapointing summers (weather wise) in recent memory?

Fair enough we don't want heat waves and extreme weather, but there's been like 2 days over 25.... And looking at the long range forecast it doesnt look much better.

No it's not just you. It's been utterly shit.

14 minutes ago, Havors said:

You can now check availability. It only check the centre that you have your booking with though so its a bit shit. It should check centres close to the one you have booking with also. 

Edit: just seen your reply haha

You can cancel and check then rebook your old spot if you dont take ages about it. I rebooked the same appointment twice while checking. 

Oof, nerves of steel! 

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Compared to last year its crap. We have had a week or two end of May and thats it.