When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So your solution is for you to make hay while the sun shines and then warn everyone else of the end of days on a festival forum? Seems a bit mad to me.

Maybe I am a bit mad. But yeah, I don't think collectively we as a human race have the will to want to sort climate change. I feel like we're going to go extinct in a few hundred years because of it. And I'm sort of okay with that? Maybe that is a bit mad. But is it? Is it mad not to care for continuing a species that I won't be a part of any more by then anyway? Should perpetuating the human race be a personal goal for me in my life? Any more than should I care if England win the footie or not? (I don't)

(These are all genuine questions I ask myself when feeling philosophical by the way!)

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Cos theres music to listen

Fair enough

birds to date

Bit weird calling women birds but hey ho, just don't have a kid! They'll have nothing worth living for

drugs to take

whatever floats your boat

crypto to trade

Is that not really bad for the environment? pretty sure bitcoin is terrible for it. Also not much point making ur millions is there with the upcoming apocalypse

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Maybe I am a bit mad. But yeah, I don't think collectively we as a human race have the will to want to sort climate change. I feel like we're going to go extinct in a few hundred years because of it. And I'm sort of okay with that? Maybe that is a bit mad. But is it? Is it mad not to care for continuing a species that I won't be a part of any more by then anyway? Should perpetuating the human race be a personal goal for me in my life? Any more than should I care if England win the footie or not? (I don't)

(These are all genuine questions I ask myself when feeling philosophical by the way!)

Personally I don't care if the human race survives or not ( we will, it just won't be a good existence).

But we deserve to be wiped out, as collectively we have shown to be absolutely pathetic custodians of the planet. 

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

So basically they are just putting their finger in the air and hoping for the best.

Lovely stuff, very forward thinking.

yep...but they will impose restrictions if hospital capacity reaches a certain point...but hopefully won't. At some point they do have to bite the bullet.
Also...below that about Hancock and westminster shagfest and rumours about another govt minister..there was a lot of stuff about Gove on twitter over the weekend....

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Personally I don't care if the human race survives or not ( we will, it just won't be a good existence).

But we deserve to be wiped out, as collectively we have shown to be absolutely pathetic custodians of the planet. 

well, now we've realised that we have to act to save ourselves, as well as other species, so hopefully that selfish gene will be good for the planet too. We just have to move away from fossil fuels, and leave the animals alone.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yep...but they will impose restrictions if hospital capacity reaches a certain point...but hopefully won't. At some point they do have to bite the bullet.
Also...below that about Hancock and westminster shagfest and rumours about another govt minister..there was a lot of stuff about Gove on twitter over the weekend....

As long as they are able to caveat the whole thing with 'we need to wind back if hospital capacity reaches a certain point'.

They just need to be crystal fucking clear for once and overdeliver and underpromise.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There’s something weird and a bit fishy about that.

It states that it would be unfair to roll out passports with a testing option because PCR’s are expensive and in short supply, but completely neglects the fact that LFT’s are freely available. 

21 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So your solution is for you to make hay while the sun shines and then warn everyone else of the end of days on a festival forum? Seems a bit mad to me.

Or put another way - I don't think anything that I said *would* be the end of the days. The stuff that might happen in our lifetimes. I think we would adapt and get through it and still lead happy lives.

That was where I was coming from with the lockdown comments - if we had to lockdown for a month every winter? Yeah, I could adapt, it'd be fine. Not ideal, but we'd make the best of it. Nor would water rationing be the end of days, or even a war with China. All of this is bad, but I don't think any of it is "end of days". I think we would deal. 

What I find in turns both amusing and worrying is the way the lockdowns over the past year have been treated like the end of days by some, or the idea that future lockdowns would make life not worth living - ergo again, end of days. 

I don't feel like (in the short term) that I'm the fatalist here. I'm the one saying that our lifestyles changed massively over the past year and will do again in most of our life times, and we'll adapt and be okay. It's others that feel so invested in the status quo that the thought of any change to that makes them want to give up on life. Which to me is the much more negative position.

(But yeah, outside our lifetimes, but not much outside them, I think we're absolutely fucked because of the climate but that's sort of in a different box for me)

Edited by DeanoL

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

This thought had crossed my mind! 

And now there is a fake @Ozanne account giving downvotes. 

It’s really time for furlough to end and these people to get back to work! 

Yeah I know, I can assure you it’s nothing to do with me. 

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

The last minute twist is, they don't know it. We're just living in an M Night Shyamalan film

Another twist is its like Fight Club and one of his split personalities thinks they're the Tyler Durden of efests ! 

There needs to be some clarity on acceptable amount of hospitalisations & deaths. We can all see cases rising dramatically but opinion on this is obviously divided because of both metrics above largely unaffected.

Surely the government have to come out and say something soon?

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

There needs to be some clarity on acceptable amount of hospitalisations & deaths. We can all see cases rising dramatically but opinion on this is obviously divided because of both metrics above largely unaffected.

Surely the government have to come out and say something soon?

Think it will be hospital capacity - see Newton Dunn in Standard...

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/sajid-javid-end-covid-restrictions-matt-hancock-affair-b943388.html

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I know, I can assure you it’s nothing to do with me. 

I didn’t for one second think it was! 😃

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, swede said:

Think it shows we need to get out back to the festivals !!

Cast your mind back to festivals and think of the most random crazed people you come across, then take a moment to understand they still exist out there (and indeed, on forums)