When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Please point me the the post where I said this was the case.... 

'

It's probably the people had no life pre covid anyway. Also, only people with well paid jobs they can get furloughed from or work from home too. Their ignorance is astounding. '

Whats the point of saying this then? If none of us are saying we want this and it's just a possibility, why would you bring in some of the points you've made here? 

18 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Not unbothered, just able to change.

What worries me is the sheer number of people in here who have absolutely crumbled at even the most minor changes in their lifestyles, and are still struggling with things like wearing masks or getting table service in a pub.

Lifestyles change, massively, throughout history, all the time. Things we take for granted go away. Things we never thought we wanted or needed take over our lives (the Internet).

We're entering a period of massive change, right now, both ecologically as the climate issue becomes harder and harder to ignore, to the geopolitical issues as China continues to grow and exert influence while having a very different society and culture to us.

This pandemic may have been the most upheaval you've had in your life up to now but believe me, it won't be the most upheaval you have to deal with, at least if you live the next twenty years.

God knows how the anti-maskers will react when they're conscripted for the water wars with China! 😄

As if that is what people are most bothered by haha. How the fuck can you call any of this minor changes?! There was a period of like 6 months where I couldn't drink inside a pub or go visit my parent's house. This is also a festival forum and as such that is obv a decent part of most of our lives.

I could adapt to living in a cardboard box cause all I need to survive is food water and oxygen but to properly live you need way more than that.

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Lifes what you make of it.

Aw shut up. You might be content sitting in your house all winter with nothing to go out and do. No going to the pub, cinema , freinds house, gigs. What a life! Glad you could make something of that but you've lost the plot imo

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

'

It's probably the people had no life pre covid anyway. Also, only people with well paid jobs they can get furloughed from or work from home too. Their ignorance is astounding. '

Whats the point of saying this then? If none of us are saying we want this and it's just a possibility, why would you bring in some of the points you've made here? 

Well for one you assumed I was talking about you... first mistake. Get that chip off your shoulder.

The point of saying this is exactly what it sounds like. People in comfortable situations are quick to tell everyone lockdowns arent that bad etc etc. They, ironically, while worrying so much about other peoples covid health give no fucks about other peoples well being/livelihood/general health 

Lockdown has been quite easy for me, but for many many many more its been hell. 

Trying to bring lockdowns in every winter...? Not on your nelly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also you just know all the ones on here predicting the end of days and climate disaster in the coming years are also the same ones who fly on holiday about 4 times a year 😅 

Pretty massive assumption there.

I've made a concious decicion to fly once a year and only if it cannot be avoided. Some of us are willing to make changes to our lifestyle and not sling mud and make assumptions - ya glutinous w*nker. 

Edited by MrBarry465
  • Downvote 4

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Also you just know all the ones on here predicting the end of days and climate disaster in the coming years are also the same ones who fly on holiday about 4 times a year 😅 

erm nope my last foreign holiday was 5 years ago at least 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Aw shut up. You might be content sitting in your house all winter with nothing to go out and do. No going to the pub, cinema , freinds house, gigs. What a life! Glad you could make something of that but you've lost the plot imo

I've literally bought tickets to gigs all morning, Greentea Peng, Lava La rue and Arlo parks.

All of them  for this year, I'm hoping they go ahead as much as anyone you nob.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

I've literally bought tickets to gigs all morning, Greentea Peng, Lava La rue and Arlo parks.

All of them  for this year, I'm hoping they go ahead as much as anyone you nob.

Morning spent buying gig tickets. Afternoon spent saying we shouldn't rule out constant winter lockdowns and you could adapt to it and life is what you make of it haha. Strange day.

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

The point of saying this is exactly what it sounds like. People in comfortable situations are quick to tell everyone lockdowns arent that bad etc etc. 

Lockdown has been quite easy for me, but for many many many more its been hell. 

Trying to bring lockdowns in every winter...? Not on your nelly. 

Literally nobody said anything of the sort.

The discussion was around the fact that it might happen - who are you to say what the reality will be? We cannot rule things out just because you don't like the sound of it. 

Morning spent buying gig tickets. Afternoon spent saying we shouldn't rule out constant winter lockdowns and you could adapt to it and life is what you make of it haha. Strange day.

Probably because I'm reasobly well educated and am able to see both sides of the coin here.

What  are you going to do, piss and moan if life changes - or adapt? 

• Downvote 1

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Probably because I'm reasobly well educated and am able to see both sides of the coin here.

What  are you going to do, piss and moan if life changes - or adapt? 

It's scaremongering shite. Pandemics happen fs, we will get back to normal. This isn't the first one and it isn't the most deadly.

Of course I could adapt , I wouldn't curl up in a ball and die. I also wouldn't stand by idly and let it happen. 

Not everyone, but there are plenty on here talking about long term covid restrictions and climate apocalypse all whilst they fly frequently (some even during the pandemic)

do you not think we will need to adapt though ? and that means giving up some things or moderating some things we now see as pleasures .... or we get nowhere ... wether that be from climate change or future health emergencies .... its hard for me to see our lives not changing at all .... much as id like them not to . 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you not think we will need to adapt though ? and that means giving up some things or moderating some things we now see as pleasures .... or we get nowhere ... wether that be from climate change or future health emergencies .... its hard for me to see our lives not changing at all .... much as id like them not to . 

Let's start by cancelling Glastonbury permanently... What a huge super spreading environment for covid or other viruses and also a big carbon footprint. Better to bin it..

Let's start by cancelling Glastonbury permanently... What a huge super spreading environment for covid or other viruses and also a big carbon footprint. Better to bin it..

Honestly mate, you just sound like a boomer prick at this point - who's not willing to engange in rational discussion.

All the previous poster said was that all humans are likely going to have to make changes going forward for the good of other humans going forward and you replied with some bullshit response.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As a more serious reply, yes some things will change. If people want to wear masks on transport then knock yourselves out. If people stay at home when they are ill then great. if we have a more flexible work life balance then great (I realise this puts me in a privileged position).

In terms of climate, I wouldn't say i fly that much. I'm gonna try go abroad later in the summer but that would be by train. I also don't own a car. Can't have that high a carbon footprint. Also anything we do here is largely redundant based on what goes on in USA/ China

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

actually it has a negative carbon footprint .... article was posted a few days back ..... ive no idea what might happen but we will likely have to change things and thats a reality rather than me being negative ... 

32 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Massive news. Does this confirm festivals if indoor clubs can go ahead?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/dance-clubs-reopen-no-covid-tests-lockdown-vaccine-passports-b943401.html

Daily Hate had a story ealrier that festivals would be allowed without testing.
Text below:

""Proof of vaccination or a negative test will not be compulsory for music festivals, sports events and other mass events after 19 July, according to the Daily Mail.
Instead organisers will be allowed to run their own schemes if they wish, and the Premier League is among those expected to introduce some form of certification.
The government has been reviewing the use of COVID passports for entry to venues, and had already decided to shelve plans to use the measure in pubs and restaurants.
A research programme was also conducted into how mass events can go ahead safely, with thousands allowed to attend club nights, festivals and comedy gigs as part of the project.
But some scientists have criticised the use of the research programme, saying it couldn't provide a useful conclusion because coronavirus cases were very low at the time and only 15% of people returned their test results afterwards.""

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Honestly mate, you just sound like a boomer prick at this point - who's not willing to engange in rational discussion.

All the previous poster said was that all humans are likely going to have to make changes going forward for the good of other humans going forward and you replied with some bullshit response.

But my point is people will just want other people to give up things they don't value while trying to protect what they themselves like. No one who likes festivals will be prepared to give them up will they.

It's easy to just say things, it is a different matter actually following through. What are you prepared to give up going forward that you like?

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

actually it has a negative carbon footprint .... article was posted a few days back ..... ive no idea what might happen but we will likely have to change things and thats a reality rather than me being negative ... 

a negative carbon footprint? How does it manage that?! Also...what about all those people driving there?

Anyway...this is the battle to come I guess. Younger people not able to do same stuff older generations were able to because they went and fucked the climate. At same time though...most people wouldn't be flying abroad until the 80s onwards...or going to massive music festivals. Infact it's the gen x people like me who had all the good stuff! Yay!