When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So 20k is the number we get in a very bad flu year … when there is talk of things being overwhelmed in the papers … and yes I know the health service works to capacity … this seems high for every year to me … but I guess that’s what we get without more funding … 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The NHS doesn't get overwhelmed though does it ?   It gets stretched to high hell - but overwhelmed ?   

Overwhelmed is when we have people passing away in backed up ambulances.  Doesn't really happen does it

*Okay I accept you might be able to find the odd report but its hardly often 

I think that’s when we go close .. maybe the tipping point … it’s how close we operate to that point year in year out … and what capacity that gives us for other emergencies to happen …  hopefully the numbers won’t turn out that high anyway 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think that’s when we go close .. maybe the tipping point … it’s how close we operate to that point year in year out … and what capacity that gives us for other emergencies to happen …  hopefully the numbers won’t turn out that high anyway 

I think realistically a lot of the people who'll be vulnerable to one would be vulnerable to the other, so hopefully covid and flu won't both have very high numbers

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Fantastic city is Shanghai, went over for work in 2018. I was less convinced by the deep fried whole crab-on-a-stick delicacy served on every street corner mind

There’s some crazy things to eat alright! There’s loads of lovely places to eat mind you, but whenever our hosts bring us out, it’s like Indiana Jones! (No idea what some of the things I’ve eaten actually are!)…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

BREAKING: Pagel has found something else to have a meltdown over. Hopefully she’s moved on from the pandemic now. It’s all over. 

806E694C-3FF6-41A1-AE4B-7B05B1264A0E.png

While I don't do twitter, and so can't engage - the Reply is slightly out. If it was American, it'd be "Math", singular, because they're weird like that.

28 minutes ago, incident said:

While I don't do twitter, and so can't engage - the Reply is slightly out. If it was American, it'd be "Math", singular, because they're weird like that.

Definitely wrong spelling of colour though and bit of a Google sesrch doesn't throw up these books except in that tweet. Someone trolling her?

Also earlier. There was a tweet from her saying blah blah but this isn't like chicken pox. This kills and seriously affects people.

So exactly like chicken pox then.

Also measles.

Death rate from measles is 1-2 per thousand.

Higher than covid at the moment

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Events will change minds if delta continues to spread

I wonder how many new cases they'll end up having, with such little immunity they must be in a perilous position. I did see a story of a party of 30 people where 24 caught Covid but the 6 who didn't were both double vaxxed so maybe they can use similar stories to encourage others 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I wonder how many new cases they'll end up having, with such little immunity they must be in a perilous position. I did see a story of a party of 30 people where 24 caught Covid but the 6 who didn't were both double vaxxed so maybe they can use similar stories to encourage others 

They're case numbers are still very low compared to here...but this delta variant poses a big risk if starts to spread.