When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'm just calling a Tory out for saying something stupid - I had thought you were having a laugh and taking the piss a bit with the Sajid Javid hero worship but you're actually proper in to him! Fair play. Although now I'm having to deal the fact that maybe you actually legit fancied Priti Patel as well...

I think we're probably overdoing the masks, and that was part of my original point: masks without social distancing is pointless. Which does make me question why kids wear them in schools, and does do my head in when people are wearing them in shops or pubs but making no effort to actually keep a safe distance. 

But if you believe both that masks reduce the distance your breath travels, and that COVID can travel on your breath, then they have to have an impact when used with social distancing.

They don’t, which has caused Deepti Gurdasani to have a tear stained meltdown 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Are we going to let that pass? Really? Are we that into Sajid Javid? In a prepared statement, while cases are going up, hospitalisations are going up, and deaths are going up, the new health secretary said "with the numbers heading in the right direction"

Jarvid is a politician and a banker and knows fuck all about health care...so he's just saying what he needs to say to further his cause.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I hope after all this that the government permanently ban travel in and out of China. Responsible for so many mental health cases and unneeded loss of lives.

What a fucking weird post.

I agree that the Chinese government are a bunch of wrong’uns but that’s not the point.

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I hope after all this that the government permanently ban travel in and out of China. Responsible for so many mental health cases and unneeded loss of lives.

Well maybe other countries should ban British people for giving them the Kent variant

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Brexit Britain. Keep the buggers out.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Have to see what the China Research Group say.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't

That's fine, you are entitled to that view.

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Are you okay?

🤨

Absolutely. I never had a wish to travel to China anyway mind, but definitely don't now.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Well maybe other countries should ban British people for giving them the Kent variant

In response to all, there would be no variant or mutation of China didn't hide and cover shit up. 

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's fine, you are entitled to that view.

Absolutely. I never had a wish to travel to China anyway mind, but definitely don't now.

In response to all, there would be no variant or mutation of China didn't hide and cover shit up. 

I wonder if China are unique in covering up this kind of stuff ? .... 

5 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Looks like the Republic of Ireland might only allow indoor dining, etc. for those fully vaccinated from mid-July.

A bit unfair on the younger age groups (assuming they won't have been offered both doses).

NPHET seem to be in the Zero Covid camp...

52 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder if China are unique in covering up this kind of stuff ? .... 

They probably aren't. But it's the thing that's had the hardest affect on everyone's life since god knows when. Plus this in particular has stopped life moving on.

We can talk about people covering up things from small to little things. Even vastly in football. But did it spread a disease around that killed people from people who knew it was dangerous?, and they knew this pretty damn fast. It stopped a world operating. It's delayed people who needs operations to function for everyday life. It's put a huge strain on hospitals, lost people jobs, potential lost people homes etc etc.