When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

You could always go deep undercover and try out being nice to people. No one would ever twig it's you then!

I would do but you can’t lead the Efest resistance being that nice, perhaps I should be a double agent 

2 minutes ago, Facediapers said:

I would do but you can’t lead the Efest resistance being that nice, perhaps I should be a double agent 

Sounds good. Maybe give using this forum as a place to to discuss festivals you're going to a go?

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sounds good. Maybe give using this forum as a place to to discuss festivals you're going to a go?

You see I would do in the festival threads but this is a discussion around COVID so I’m allowed to have a different view 

50 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Sums up the current situation in OZ well. Not just cut off from the world physically but also mentally.

And after months of stoking fear about an extremely unlikely side effect, restricting AZ to over 50's, then over 60's, today they've said absolutely anyone can have it, It's now an AZ free for all.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

And after months of stoking fear about an extremely unlikely side effect, restricting AZ to over 50's, then over 60's, today they've said absolutely anyone can have it, It's now an AZ free for all.

Without consulting the Gp's who will be rolling it out and then contradicted  by the Australian Medical Association.

Everything is awesome.

1 hour ago, Gregfc15 said:

Without consulting the Gp's who will be rolling it out and then contradicted  by the Australian Medical Association.

Everything is awesome.

Yep. It’s pretty transparently an ill-advised, knee jerk policy decision based on pre-election optics. A truly irresponsible way to govern. 

I've just lost all sense of what to believe these last few days in all honesty, there's so much division and every piece of data contradicts the other so nothing ever really adds up as to what we're being told. I'm just gonna stay postive and know the vaccines are doing an amazing job and will continue to do so as the population continues to be vaccinated and think its likely we'll reopen the 19th with the data how it is/stays low 

32 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Yep. It’s pretty transparently an ill-advised, knee jerk policy decision based on pre-election optics. A truly irresponsible way to govern. 

Maybe people will change their minds when/if delta starts sweeping across the place and they see how well UK is doing.

21 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I've just lost all sense of what to believe these last few days in all honesty, there's so much division and every piece of data contradicts the other so nothing ever really adds up as to what we're being told. I'm just gonna stay postive and know the vaccines are doing an amazing job and will continue to do so as the population continues to be vaccinated and think its likely we'll reopen the 19th with the data how it is/stays low 

And I think that's most likely, and I'm a negative nelly. Still some uncertainty, and I think there will be some restrictions for travel and stuff for a while.

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe people will change their minds when/if delta starts sweeping across the place and they see how well UK is doing.

Amazingly, Our PM is actually using your case numbers and current deaths as the reason to remain cautious.

Good article from the SMH Correspondent in London trying to put straight some of the nonsense being repeated.  UK COVID: The truth about what COVID vaccines are achieving in the UK (smh.com.au) 

Morrison – who sometimes but not always acknowledges that vaccines cut the number of people falling seriously ill – told reporters this week that the UK was recording about 100 deaths a week and declared that was “not a situation I’m prepared to countenance”.

Wants to treat it like flu; Won't accept a level of death close to or below Flu. It's a real mess currently.

Edited by Gregfc15