When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That graph is a little misleading I think, to put on a logarithmic scale anyway, it looks like things are spirally upwards looking at the trendline, it doesnt reflect the impact of the vaccination programme, you are comparing 1000 deaths in January against deaths increasing from 7 to1 5 or so now. The vaccination programme means we wont witness an exponential growth in deaths, and if we did  for a short while then it would peak at a very low level, and not the 1000 in January

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

The replies to this are mostly people going on about long covid, the next few weeks are going to be unbearable 

I know quite a few people with “long covid” and it’s not even that bad. Two friends and one relative of mine all tested positive in the December-January peak, all had mild to medium symptoms and self-isolated at home. None was seriously ill or even came close to needing hospitalisation.

All of them have still to regain their sense of taste and smell six months on. It doesn’t really affect their day to day functioning, it’s just inconvenient and annoying.

I don’t think society needs to be shutting itself down to stop people being without a sense of taste for a few months. 

23 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just listening to the teaching union guy on channel 4 banging on about masks, lack of testing and ventilation as the reason why kids aren't in school.

Bellend 

They aren't in school because we send them home for little to no reason.  This guy is stuck in March 2020.  Who are kids going to  infect? Their double vaccinated grand parents?  Their single/ double vaccinated parents?

Long covid or something 

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If he helps me get my freedom back I don’t give a toss about what second job he does tbh 

Nice … I’d personally like a bit of a health service left … but hey guess that’s a sacrifice we might need to make … I’ll start saving my minimum wage for private health insurance now 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Nice … I’d personally like a bit of a health service left … but hey guess that’s a sacrifice we might need to make … I’ll start saving my minimum wage for private health insurance now 

Or maybe get a proper job which has private health care insurance 

Edited by Facediapers
  • Downvote 7

17 minutes ago, Facediapers said:

Or maybe get a proper job which has private health care insurance 

I've seen some fucking stupid troll posts in the many years I've been on the internet, but this is definitely up there

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know quite a few people with “long covid” and it’s not even that bad. Two friends and one relative of mine all tested positive in the December-January peak, all had mild to medium symptoms and self-isolated at home. None was seriously ill or even came close to needing hospitalisation.

All of them have still to regain their sense of taste and smell six months on. It doesn’t really affect their day to day functioning, it’s just inconvenient and annoying.

I don’t think society needs to be shutting itself down to stop people being without a sense of taste for a few months. 

Maybe that's not what long covid is then?