When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

javid must know that looking good for full(ish) reopening on 19th, and wants to earn as many political points as poss as will be popular in the country and amongst tory MPs which he might want for any future leadership bid. Tough times ahead though maybe, and might bite him in the bum over next 12 months if hospitals overstretched. Also, interesting that this cctv gets passed to The Sun just before Hancock can take any credit...dirty politics.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The love-in for a Tory minister here today is turning my stomach.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Indeed.  Especially one who has said he wants the pandemic to end as soon as possible by making his top priority giving the virus more opportunity to spread.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Especially when it’s fucking Sajid Javid, he’s a cretin

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Did you get many must try harders in your school report ? 

6905AAA5-3B93-4AE9-AB49-CFBA88AC90E0.jpeg

81BE081E-2244-43B0-9557-F00C0F0A3A99.jpeg

44ACFE30-3BCD-4385-91AE-7663E4D447BF.jpeg

BEE01523-A05B-4663-BCFE-5514D19F059F.jpeg

• Like 1

My sister has just messaged the family whatsapp saying Perth are going in to a 4 day lockdown over 3 positive cases of which 1 is the delta variant. She did also add that she hopes it kicks people up the arse over there to get vaccinated as they are all moaning about having to be jabbed!

Best Not Bothered GIFs | Gfycat

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

🤨

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

He seems to have missed the part where is gave Hancock his full support and told us all the matter was closed.

Wonder if this "spokesperson" who said that about full support was actually briefing against the PM to undermine him? It honestly sounds like backstabbing chaos in there so I'd be surprised if the whole of number 10 is on the same page 

Edited by efcfanwirral

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Next doors kid is isolating because of ONE confirmed case in his class - whole class sent home.

Another 10 days worth of education lost.  Poor lad is in the garden clearly bored to tears.

Shitshow

I don’t understand why the others in the class can’t just show two negative tests 72 hours apart, rather than just blanket isolating them all. It’s just not a sustainable approach, although neither is letting them back into class without testing. 
What if they go back after 10 days and then another kid tests positive the following day, is it back to another 10 day isolation? (This did actually happen in January with my little one in nursery!)

24 minutes ago, st dan said:

I don’t understand why the others in the class can’t just show two negative tests 72 hours apart, rather than just blanket isolating them all. It’s just not a sustainable approach, although neither is letting them back into class without testing. 
What if they go back after 10 days and then another kid tests positive the following day, is it back to another 10 day isolation? (This did actually happen in January with my little one in nursery!)

This happened with a teacher at my work, she went off isolating after contact with a staff member, returned and then had a positive case in her class and had to go off, as you say it isn’t sustainable and can really impact badly on people’s mental health to be locked up for that long 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

This happened with a teacher at my work, she went off isolating after contact with a staff member, returned and then had a positive case in her class and had to go off, as you say it isn’t sustainable and can really impact badly on people’s mental health to be locked up for that long 

It’s crazy isn’t it. And it’s only going to get worse if/when we open up and let cases run rife.
Obviously not saying we shouldn’t open things back up, but there needs to be drastic rethink in terms of contact tracing/isolation etc. 

Just now, st dan said:

It’s crazy isn’t it. And it’s only going to get worse if/when we open up and let cases run rife.
Obviously not saying we shouldn’t open things back up, but there needs to be drastic rethink in terms of contact tracing/isolation etc. 

I think it should be only isolating if you are double dosed but have symptoms or the option of daily testing or something similar 

Just now, jannybruck said:

Three deaths is low even for a traditionally-low Monday. Very encouraging.

Yep - the real winner here! Although you just know that the news headlines are going to focus on the 20k+ cases and barely mention the very low, and actually a fall in deaths.