When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Had my first proper encounter with someone who was an anti vax nutjob last night. Went on a date with a girl who about two thirds through the date said to me 'I hope your not vaccinated?'

My initial response was, 'What difference does it make, but yes I have been'. Then she went on some tirade about how if we slept with each other I would make her infertile by passing my DNA to her and that it was all part of a depopulation agenda.

I found the whole thing really frustrating as I remained calm and tried to put my point across and understand hers, but she wasn't having it.....

Anyone think I should follow this up for a second....? haha

On a more serious note, it;s just crazy to me that there are people out there who are this paranoid and deep down these weird rabbit holes. I just don't understand how it starts and then they are this ill informed either...

As Havors says, I would've been tempted to just walk out - which I have done, mid-drink, on a date with someone who was xenophobic. That said, I did briefly try and make my point before leaving.  I think you did well, and there really is a responsibility on non-nutters to make the case to anti-vaxxers, for the sake of all of us.  If it was me ,I'd send a follow up essay laying out, with as many references and statistics as possible, a coherent argument for getting vaxxed.  But you really don't want to be like me.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

First AZ jab - arm was so for a few mins and then nothing really - mild ache...  Paramedic did it

Second AZ jab - hurt like a bitch and aching like hell today...  Think they found the bloke on the street...

Vaccine or shit vaccinator ? 

From someone from who has done many many thousands of jabs over last few years … you can’t really do too much wrong … occasionally you might get a small bruise but that’s the worst … so vaccine is the answer 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

He cheated on his wife whilst it was illegal for people from two different households to meet. 

He made these rules for millions and didn't stick by them himself. 

This is the main thing as far as far as I'm concerned! It's a "big fuck" you to anyone who followed the rules and further undermines any teeny tiny shred of credibility the government had in their messaging.

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

First AZ jab - arm was so for a few mins and then nothing really - mild ache...  Paramedic did it

Second AZ jab - hurt like a bitch and aching like hell today...  Think they found the bloke on the street...

If you move the needle while in the muscle it can lead to a sore/dead muscle. But they use insulin 29g/30g needles and its very hard to cause any damage with those... 

Also can get unlucky with jab site. 

Could be a mixture of jabber, jab location and the actual vaccine. 

22 minutes ago, Havors said:

Could be doing us a favour? Reducing the pool of stupid people procreating? haha 

I think we need as much procreating as possible given projections that the populations of China, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Italy ,Thailand and South Korea will all be halved by 2100. 

Plus the number of under-fives will fall from 681 million in 2017 to 401 million in 2100 and the number of over 80-year-olds will soar from 141 million in 2017 to 866 million in 2100.

Strange stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53409521

Edited by Copperface
forgot and added link

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

I think we need as much procreating as possible given projections that the populations of China, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Italy ,Thailand and South Korea will all be halved by 2100. 

Plus the number of under-fives will fall from 681 million in 2017 to 401 million in 2100 and the number of over 80-year-olds will soar from 141 million in 2017 to 866 million in 2100.

Strange stuff.

Is that such a bad thing with natural resources as they are? It's not like we are going to die out. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I posted a didn’t happen response to the anti-vaxxer story. Basically I kept a joke going that stopped being funny days ago and I wanted to apologise to @MrBarry465 for taking it too far. 

Bad jokes are still just jokes 🙂 You should only apologise for not being funny 😄 

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Strange stuff.

We are fucked

So Delta nowhere near as 60 percent as transmissible-  who would have thought?...

If it is anywhere in the 30 percent region we should be alright yeah?

Really hit home how fast this thing spreads in the unvaccinated this week. The amount of people in their 20s coming back from London I know of that have it (like full groups of 9 people) is mad. Luckily of the 9 i was with- 2 are fully vaxxed, 2 partially and 2 have had covid so think we have avoided it.

1 hour ago, MrBarry465 said:

Had my first proper encounter with someone who was an anti vax nutjob last night. Went on a date with a girl who about two thirds through the date said to me 'I hope your not vaccinated?'

My initial response was, 'What difference does it make, but yes I have been'. Then she went on some tirade about how if we slept with each other I would make her infertile by passing my DNA to her and that it was all part of a depopulation agenda.

I found the whole thing really frustrating as I remained calm and tried to put my point across and understand hers, but she wasn't having it.....

On a more serious note, it;s just crazy to me that there are people out there who are this paranoid and deep down these weird rabbit holes. I just don't understand how it starts and then they are this ill informed either...

So, did you shag her then?

40 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Had my second jab a month and a half ago. Yesterday my arm started aching and got as bad, maybe worse, than anything I felt just after either jab. Gone now, but very weird

1 hour ago, MrBarry465 said:

Anti vaccine but ready to have bareback sex? What a fucking catch she is!