When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Was expecting around that. Im not sure how to take these numbers anymore, whether positive or negative. (Obviously less is positive haha)

Interesting that yesterdays 16k was an increase from 9k last week and todays 16k is an increase from 11k last week....  not sure what that means for the growth rate? Brings it back down a bit?? 

image.png.13d4129c5f3b9539062a3e5f6f3299a4.png

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

5 graphs - telling a mixed story but not necessarily a negative one. Interpretations?

image.thumb.png.a7dc53596d74e2c8a63e858d95ba14de.png

image.thumb.png.e76c734c21a89ac5c868e7d02ff698df.png

image.thumb.png.05befa93bb6290db86cd019dd99b9a4c.png

image.thumb.png.c6b0c7eea4258c95ecc950f180c5de3f.png

image.thumb.png.4439011460059aaef652e3fa9e1f37dd.png

Looks like we are doing a shit ton more testing that the rest.... could explain why the rest of Europe "appears" to have less cases than us?

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Looks like we are doing a shit ton more testing that the rest.... could explain why the rest of Europe "appears" to have less cases than us?

Yeah that was my thoughts too. With hospitalisations being at a similar level I do wonder if you could shave a load of our positive cases off the top that aren't actually a problem/infectious perhaps, and find that everything is actually pretty similar still 

The level of testing difference is astounding really 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

That's mental. That's 5th July opening territory- is it realistically going to be much different by 19th? 

Businesses need every day they can get of non or low restriction trading over summer 

I don't think there would be much difference really between 5th and 19th other than more people vaccinated. 

If hospitalisations and deaths are not growing exponentially I don't see the difference 2 weeks could really make. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah that was my thoughts too. With hospitalisations being at a similar level I do wonder if you could shave a load of our positive cases off the top that aren't actually a problem/infectious perhaps, and find that everything is actually pretty similar still 

The level of testing difference is astounding really 

I wouldn't be surprised if we opened up on the 19th with cases at that level if they knew the deaths and hospitalizations were still pretty low 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we opened up on the 19th with cases at that level if they knew the deaths and hospitalizations were still pretty low 

Hospitalisations appear to be flat looking at this... Meaning the talked about 5% ratio should be dropping below 5% now with the increase in cases. 

image.thumb.png.ba17d9aa6c92892c09d43d942472b87b.png

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

5th July !!!  OPEN UP!!!

It could forever be known as - nappies in the bin day 🙂 

Haha i think youre a bit of a masochist arent you... triggering people on here so they come and abuse you haha 😄 

I can see the humour, im not sure everyone can. 

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

I don't think there would be much difference really between 5th and 19th other than more people vaccinated. 

If hospitalisations and deaths are not growing exponentially I don't see the difference 2 weeks could really make. 

They could open on the 5th if by Monday really looks like hospitals are going to be ok, but I bet they won't. Irreversible and all that. Maybe relax some stuff, but not everything.

33 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Key difference is that Israel aren't using AstraZeneca, which now appears to be especially susceptible to some variants.

The recent data is showing that the AstraZeneca vaccine is 90% effective at preventing Hospitalisations with the Delta variant. That’s very positive. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/uk-study-finds-vaccines-offer-high-protection-against-hospitalisation-delta-2021-06-14/

22 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pagel eyeing up retirement!!!

Reminds me of when Take That broke up!

Even Pagel realises it’s all but over. The horse that is covid-19 has fallen and broken it’s leg, the screens have been pulled up and the gun has been cocked. All that remains to be done is to put it out of its misery. 

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They could open on the 5th if by Monday really looks like hospitals are going to be ok, but I bet they won't. Irreversible and all that. Maybe relax some stuff, but not everything.

I see them setting July 5th as some sort of review day where they review the data in advance of the 19th and give us an idea of where are at that stage. It doesn’t gives businesses any notice if they reopen all of a sudden on the 5th in full.