When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In other news, I'm going to get jab number two in just under 2 hours time.

How long between doses has it been for you?

I keep checking to see if it'll allow me to bring my Moderna 2nd dose forward from 8 weeks but no luck yet.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

How long between doses has it been for you?

I keep checking to see if it'll allow me to bring my Moderna 2nd dose forward from 8 weeks but no luck yet.

8 weeks.  I rebooked, it was previously 12. I'm 42.

Just now, oneeye said:

Good news, you'll then have had one for each hat 😊

😄

😄

Schools in England are being urged to press ahead with sports day, amid reports that many are mistakenly cancelling because of Covid concerns.

According to the Department for Education, in most circumstances outdoor events like sports day can go ahead as long as schools do risk assessments and follow guidance around cleaning shared equipment and not mixing bubbles.

The DfE says parents can also attend in multiple groups of 30, as long as there is enough space to avoid any mixing.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I am given to wonder whether there's a bigger self-own than referring to a mask as a face nappy?

I would say that a face nappy is used by people who talk shit where as a face covering is something used by many to help combat the spread of covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think it helps when you get your coffee and set yourself up for the day and this is one of the first posts you read.

The "righteous" side of this debate seem to enjoy picking a fight with the other side and then cry foul when they can't handle the heat.

The concept of new day and new beginnings ends pretty quickly 🙂   and its always the likes of @MrBarry465 @kalifire and @steviewevie who would have you believe they are the good "righteous" guys 🙂

For all the flak I take its usually after having vile thrown at me first 😛  for an opinion or something I have shared lol

The reason I made a sarky remark initially is because I think there's an element of stupid over the top 'machoism' and 'faux tough guy' attitude around masks and the whole pandemic in general, which has crept into this thread.

Someone posting an article where it discusses masks being 'advised' and not enforced by law and saying 'WELL IM NOT BLOODY WEARING ONE THEN!' - comes across as a bit of a dog whistle to be honest. Wearing masks has always been about helping protect the people around you and in the community, not just yourself. I think calling them 'face nappies' and proudly declaring that you won't wear one if you dont have to, is somewhat childish and just makes you come across as a bit of a prat.

Then you've got yourself declaring I made a story up, just because you said I did...?

Edited by MrBarry465
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

The reason I made a sarky remark initially is because I think there's an element of stupid over the top 'machoism' and 'faux tough guy' attitude around masks and the whole pandemic in general, which has crept into this thread.

Someone posting an article where it discusses masks being 'advised' and not enforced by law and saying 'WELL IM NOT BLOODY WEARING ONE THEN!' - comes across as a bit of a dog whistle to be honest. Wearing masks has always been about helping protect the people around you and in the community, not just yourself. I think calling them 'face nappies' and proudly declaring that you won't wear one if you dont have to, is somewhat childish and just makes you come across as a bit of a prat.

So very well said.

12 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Then you've got yourself declaring I made a story up, just because you said I did...?

So someone is a prat and childish if they choose not to wear a mask when they are no longer are required to?? 

Have you even heard yourself? 

Edited by Havors

31 minutes ago, Havors said:

So someone is a prat and childish if they choose not to wear a mask when they are no longer are required to?? 

Have you even heard yourself? 

Clearly you've not read my post clearly my statement was:

'I think calling them 'face nappies' and proudly declaring that you won't wear one if you dont have to, is somewhat childish and just makes you come across as a bit of a prat.

It's not to do with wearing one or not, but prancing around like it's a badge of honour is yes pretty pathetic and dickish.

• Upvote 2

Had a text this morning saying I could move my second Pfizer jab forward, managed to book it for this Sunday. Originally it was set for mid-August, then it was rebooked for mid-July once they reduced the waiting time the other week. Now it would have been just over 30 days between the first and second jab for me, which feels like some kind of record amongst people I know.

1 minute ago, grayfitz said:

Had a text this morning saying I could move my second Pfizer jab forward, managed to book it for this Sunday. Originally it was set for mid-August, then it was rebooked for mid-July once they reduced the waiting time the other week. Now it would have been just over 30 days between the first and second jab for me, which feels like some kind of record amongst people I know.

Great news.

I assume this is based on geographical location and availability of doses at the vaccination hub.

I don't think we have the volume required to reduce weeks between doses nationwide (unless someone knows otherwise?)

4 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

I reckon they'll want everyone within 4 weeks, everyone done by end of August and events back properly with vaccine proof only from start of September? My second will be 8 weeks after first towards late August and I'm just going to leave it as is - not in any great hurry and i won't exactly be holding the country up.

Edited by efcfanwirral

42 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Clearly you've not read my post clearly my statement was:

'I think calling them 'face nappies' and proudly declaring that you won't wear one if you dont have to, is somewhat childish and just makes you come across as a bit of a prat.

It's not to do with wearing one or not, but prancing around like it's a badge of honour is yes pretty pathetic and dickish.

Ok fair play I understand what you were saying. 

I personally couldn't care less what people call them or declare. It is of no consequence to anything. You really shouldnt let such trivial things wind you up 🙂 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Was expecting around that. Im not sure how to take these numbers anymore, whether positive or negative. (Obviously less is positive haha)

Interesting that yesterdays 16k was an increase from 9k last week and todays 16k is an increase from 11k last week....  not sure what that means for the growth rate? Brings it back down a bit??