When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Said this upthread but I am begrudgingly OK with masks in pubs until younger employees get vaccine'd. I hate it, it's annoying taking it off and on, but until loads more of the (overwhelmingly 18-25) staff in my local pubs/bars/etc get jabbed properly it's the absolute least I can do. It may be a cutesy bit of health theatre at this point but if it makes their shift less stressful or they feel a bit more comfortable when I'm passing them, I'm fine with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Ever thought most the serving staff dislike them?  The ones I know hate them.

And the ones I know say they hate being walked around by and talked to people without them. You can't extrapolate your, or my, friendship group to that entire demographic. I'm more than willing to suck it up and do it for those un/semi-vaxxed ones that are uncomfortable with it, it's the least I can do for another eight weeks or whatever until they're properly done.

47 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

England vs Germany at Wembley - happy with that.  Should be a good game.

German variant incoming 

After Merkel’s behaviour in recent days I would absolutely LOVE IT to see Germany get papped out by England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Ever thought most the serving staff dislike them?  The ones I know hate them.

I hate them too, wearing them for hours on end is grim. Especially now that its getting hotter, i'm finding it harder to breathe in them (I have asthma, don't @ me) . So it pisses me off even more when customers refuse to wear them for the brief moments in which they are out of their seat. 

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Some light good news.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/23/relaxation-of-englands-amber-list-rules-pushed-back-to-august

Malta and Balearic islands set to be added to England’s travel green list.

So millions can travel freely. But the thought of a festivals can't happen?

It makes no sense 

• Like 1

Just to chuck another anecdote into the mix, I'd say everyone at my place (mix of ages, most including the younger ones have at least one jab thanks to a couple of local pharmacies jabbing everyone when they had extras) except for one guy, hate wearing masks and would happily see them gone. And the one guy is a diabetic (so higher risk) conspiracy theorist. Last time I asked, which was a while ago admittedly, he hadn't had the jab and wasn't sure if he would. I had to stop asking because it frustrated me so much. Nice lad, but, you know, he's made his bed etc. But what everyone hates more than anything, as I've mentioned before, is the constant battles with customers over them wearing them. Constant. It's just so draining.

Just come back from a few days in the Brecon Beacons. Went in a pub on Sunday in a little village, and the locals were all propping up the bar, all maskless. Not sure what the rules are in Wales but I assume it's still table service there. Certainly was everywhere else we went. They had all the signage, sanitiser, sign in book etc, but clearly all just for show. And the landlady was a proper old school take no shit landlady, so I doubt she was trying to enforce mask wearing and table service and they were defying her. Was actually quite nice to see something previously so normal in an odd way.

8 hours ago, TGCarr said:

So millions can travel freely. But the thought of a festivals can't happen?

It makes no sense 

With the numbers soaring like they are including cases across the board. Unless you secure a pilot event then you won't get a lot this year. I feel once Kendall went the rest are kind of on the way. I'd say not many have have a lot longer than this week.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Environment secretary George Eustice gives the biggest hint yet that face nappies will be GONE on July 19th 

Its likely to become guidance not law, meaning its just choice. In my opinion they have been a pseudo crutch, but have been wearing them as required. They can get in the bin once they are not required. 

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

With the numbers soaring like they are including cases across the board. Unless you secure a pilot event then you won't get a lot this year. I feel once Kendall went the rest are kind of on the way. I'd say not many have have a lot longer than this week.

I have a feeling Melvin will get Reading and Leeds on under the guise of a ‘pilot event’ but anything else feels unlikely.

22 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I have a feeling Melvin will get Reading and Leeds on under the guise of a ‘pilot event’ but anything else feels unlikely.

I think if the Download results come back positive all the festivals in august will happen. Likely under certain guidance and testing/vaccination criteria. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Which numbers are soaring?

19 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Making up stories?

What the hell are you on about - what 'stories' have I made up?

He’s claiming that you made up a story about a vaccinated person at a wedding infecting others with Covid. The reason it’s “made up” is because… he said it is.

How about that for logic 😂

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why indeed 🙂   What is more funny is you pretending you wasn't called out about it at the time 😄 

What was funny was you convincing yourself something was bullshit simply because you decided it was, then making self-congratulatory posts about how you discovered the truth. What an absolute shower 🤪

Edited by kalifire