When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

82% of all adults is an incredible uptake isn’t it! And that’s with it only being opened to 18-25 for a week or so. Expecting this to get to the low 90’s soon before levelling out, leaving those ‘anti-vaxer’s’ and those who just can’t be bothered to book it. 

I reckon it'll be about 92% at the final count, so good to see all age groups doing their bit to get out of this, let's just hope the wall of vaccinations is as strong as is promised but by the looks of the data we should do okay 🙂

18 minutes ago, st dan said:

82% of all adults is an incredible uptake isn’t it! And that’s with it only being opened to 18-25 for a week or so. Expecting this to get to the low 90’s soon before levelling out, leaving those ‘anti-vaxer’s’ and those who just can’t be bothered to book it. 

Yeah its excellent. We should be seeing really high % of double jabbed within the next few week also. 

There is literally nothing more we can do than that. We have to start living with it then. 

27 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Some great and astonishing stats here 

Third bulletpoint down… I thought this government was adamant that young people e don’t want the vaccine and would be responsible for any future rises in cases. They put out all their cronies to say this on the news etc.

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Third bulletpoint down… I thought this government was adamant that young people e don’t want the vaccine and would be responsible for any future rises in cases. They put out all their cronies to say this on the news etc.

Its infuriated me how we've been treated and patronised through this so I'm glad to see us proving them wrong 

Quick question for @toiletduck when you get a moment to answer. Firstly massive thanks for all the great info you post on here. Wanted to ask what your thoughts are on mixing of the two mrna vaccines. In canada they’ve changed the guidelines so that you can mix and match. They do seem to change the guidelines more on availability of vaccine than solid science. If you had pfizer as first dose they are now offering Moderna as second claiming it’s pretty much the same vaccine and people shouldn’t get hung up on the brand. I know WHO and CDC are against mixing except in exceptional circumstances. There doesn't seem to be a lot, if any, solid research on the mixing of mrna’s. Whats your thoughts on this? Do you think most countries will move to this  recommendation eventually? 

Cheers!

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We've gone to war with Russia apparently.

Why do you insist in trying to trigger people. You bang on about mental health and then seem to want to send some people over the edge with our right lies that could be taken as fact?

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

Why do you insist in trying to trigger people. You bang on about mental health and then seem to want to send some people over the edge with our right lies that could be taken as fact?

Were not at war with Russia. We wouldn't be here typing this if we were.

I know. I am just getting fed up with constant 1 sentence supposedly (i'm guessing) meant to be funny words that add absolutely nothing of any relevance but could upset people in a way that steviewevie keeps saying other people are not taking mental health issues seriously.

4 minutes ago, danmarks said:

How’s things going with your daughter? 

Hope all is well. 

16 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Quick question for @toiletduck when you get a moment to answer. Firstly massive thanks for all the great info you post on here. Wanted to ask what your thoughts are on mixing of the two mrna vaccines. In canada they’ve changed the guidelines so that you can mix and match. They do seem to change the guidelines more on availability of vaccine than solid science. If you had pfizer as first dose they are now offering Moderna as second claiming it’s pretty much the same vaccine and people shouldn’t get hung up on the brand. I know WHO and CDC are against mixing except in exceptional circumstances. There doesn't seem to be a lot, if any, solid research on the mixing of mrna’s. Whats your thoughts on this? Do you think most countries will move to this  recommendation eventually? 

Cheers!

Howdy, so, the trials to evaluate mixing are ongoing. Early evidence from AZ first followed by Pfizer (or vice versa) suggests slightly more mild to moderate adverse effects, but nothing serious, however better immune response was observed. I haven’t seen anything on Pfizer/Moderna mixing, but since they are very similar, you wouldn’t expect major problems. Next year and the year after, we have enough Pfizer doses ordered to give them as a booster to everyone in the country and I expect they will use them irrespective of what vaccine you got originally (those that got AZ will definitely get a different one as we haven’t ordered any more). In theory, priming with one vaccine and boosting with another should give a better response, but I agree, it would be nice to see hard data on safety profiles. I expect it would be fine though.

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

How’s things going with your daughter? 

Hope all is well. 

Thankyou. 

As these things do- we appear (she. I just listen) to have passed the peak - helped by having an unrelated physical issue given a,small op and an - that should be ok now. Hopefully see you in a year or 2' talk from the consultant. 

When the hadron collider was turned on all those years ago - there was a countdown to the end of the world on gmtv. Hilarious if you arent trying to calm an anxiety driven 9 year old daughter who has convinced herself its real. So this is something that will always be bubbling away i guess. 

But ok for now thankyou 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Howdy, so, the trials to evaluate mixing are ongoing. Early evidence from AZ first followed by Pfizer (or vice versa) suggests slightly more mild to moderate adverse effects, but nothing serious, however better immune response was observed. I haven’t seen anything on Pfizer/Moderna mixing, but since they are very similar, you wouldn’t expect major problems. Next year and the year after, we have enough Pfizer doses ordered to give them as a booster to everyone in the country and I expect they will use them irrespective of what vaccine you got originally (those that got AZ will definitely get a different one as we haven’t ordered any more). In theory, priming with one vaccine and boosting with another should give a better response, but I agree, it would be nice to see hard data on safety profiles. I expect it would be fine though.

Thank you, much appreciated!

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

Cause the guy is a total fool who has been borderline trolling this thread for over 10,000 posts. Almost every post is under 5 words and usually done for attention.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I am a c**t to be honest.

You are indeed🙂. Your arguments do make sense sometimes but you take pleasure in winding folk up. Some deserve it but many don't.  

You know exactly what you're doing, I just don't understand why.

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

I know. I am just getting fed up with constant 1 sentence supposedly (i'm guessing) meant to be funny words that add absolutely nothing of any relevance but could upset people in a way that steviewevie keeps saying other people are not taking mental health issues seriously.

Sorry, I keep forgetting about everyone's mental health.

• Upvote 1