When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Fair play for owning it & apologising. Dare I say it, this thread seems to have got a bit more pleasant over the past day or two. 🙂

It may be because we're on the whole in agreement - the cautious ones accept that there won't be restrictions after 19th July and the "other side" have accepted that the restrictions won't be lifted until then.

34 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020-more-than-60000-fans-allowed-in-wembley-for-semi-finals-and-final-12339199

WHO are concerned about this

And people believe we'll be lifting all restrictions in 2-4 weeks....

WHO are concerned about everything and nothing depending how the wind blows.

By the way where is this guy getting his only 46.8% of country of double jabbed? Is he lumping kids into his misleading stats? 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe we should take back control and leave the world.

That's what I have been doing the last weekend of June every year for the last 16 years

... apart from last June

... and this June

..... and next June (no ticket yet)

Ah fuck

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe we should take back control and leave the world.

We are doing just that with our lives, changes being made - big changes - as we are not allowed to do the 2 parts of life that define us. We are therefore adding 3rd one that nobody with any rules can stop us having and doing.

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

What fresh type of hell is this??!!

(and there is a song too....) bloody hell

Some quite accurate comments pointing out the Cabaret scene with that creepy OBON song 

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Yet she doesn't say 'indefinitely'. You've invented that.

Rufus Spivey Green, apprentice digital marketer and part time barman at the Lemon Tree in Framlingham, and part time community radio presenter in Ipswich - I'll take the experience and observations of a senior lecturer and researcher in viral immunology at the University of Birmingham most of the time. It's a tough one.

You have to ask why the full article was not linked to, and only a truncated screenshot out of context shown. 

Here is the full article which puts it in far more context and adds nuance.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/22/viruses-wearing-mask-england-vaccines

Thanks for posting the link to the actual article! I hadn’t seen it when I replied above, but there’s little of controversy in it (and nowhere near “full on anti-vaxxer” as made out in the Twitter post that misquoted it)…

1 hour ago, Havors said:

WHO are concerned about everything and nothing depending how the wind blows.

By the way where is this guy getting his only 46.8% of country of double jabbed? Is he lumping kids into his misleading stats? 

What`s the impact of the WHO during this whole pandemic? Our health adviser who was one of the bunch of the EU who made contracts with AZ and caused all the chaos and got fired here after ordering less vaccine than commanded got a high ranked job at the WHO, that says it all - i would not get them my dog to look after. 

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

What`s the impact of the WHO during this whole pandemic? Our health adviser who was one of the bunch of the EU who made contracts with AZ and caused all the chaos and got fired here after ordering less vaccine than commanded got a high ranked job at the WHO, that says it all - i would not get them my dog to look after. 

WHO were telling us to test test test back in the day but instead we were just told to wash our hands.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

WHO were telling us to test test test back in the day but instead we were just told to wash our hands.

Yeah, we were told we are the World Cup winners in testing, washing our hands for several minutes, but I don`t remember the exact time as I want to displace such things of the past (they even had an english song which you can sing while washing your hands in german tv but I can not recall this either).