When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't know how I feel either way on this yet but wouldn't it be a bit gutting for the young who've put their lives on hold to protect the vulnerable older population and now those people are able to do more because the vaccination program has been done by age?

Because of that I think it's probably a wise idea to wait for any proposals like this that rely on people having both doses until every adult has had the change to be fully vaccinated.

Which is exactly why they’re dragging out the end of lockdown. Once unvaccinated people have their freedoms back there is no incentive to get their vaccine. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BobWillis2 said:

Which is exactly why they’re dragging out the end of lockdown. Once unvaccinated people have their freedoms back there is no incentive to get their vaccine. 

It looks like they want to bring in this for people coming back from Amber list countries in August which by then people in their 20s won’t have been offered their 2nd dose. 

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like they want to bring in this for people coming back from Amber list countries in August which by then people in their 20s won’t have been offered their 2nd dose. 

By the logic they are using surely events / festivals can open up to everyone who has had both doses as well?

Should caveat this by saying I’m more against than for what they are suggesting because I agree it’s unfair to do this effectively by age given that’s how the vaccines are being distributed…

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

By the logic they are using surely events / festivals can open up to everyone who has had both doses as well?

Should caveat this by saying I’m more against than for what they are suggesting because I agree it’s unfair to do this effectively by age given that’s how the vaccines are being distributed…

Yeah potentially, but it opens up other issues and as we say it’s not totally fair given how the vaccine program has been done. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah potentially, but it opens up other issues and as we say it’s not totally fair given how the vaccine program has been done. 

Seems very unfair to me, surely they can't do this until all adults offered two jabs, or at least make it single jab and a test for under 30s or something.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Seems very unfair to me, surely they can't do this until all adults offered two jabs, or at least make it single jab and a test for under 30s or something.

So really. Everyone needs to wait for everything until everyone can do it?

Unfair some people can afford a holiday. Surely they should wait til everyone can?

Yeah it’s pretty unfair to be saying that younger people still need to quarantine even if they pass a test before arriving and another on day 2.

Having said that, I’d like to see them go ahead and shorten the second dose gap for all under 40’s in late July and early August. We’re going to run out of first doses to do so we can divert all mRNA supply to second doses and the mRNA efforts work well with a 3-4 week gap. So we could go ahead and get the vast majority of the population fully vaccinated before the travel review on 9th August which could solve this issue. 

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

So really. Everyone needs to wait for everything until everyone can do it?

Unfair some people can afford a holiday. Surely they should wait til everyone can?

What’s unfair is that young people have been forced to stay inside for over a year to avoid spreading a virus that has an infinitesimally small chance of killing of them and then have been (rightfully) deprioritised in the vaccine rollout but will likely get screwed over again by this ruling.

If we are going to roll out any sort of vaccine privileges before the entire adult population is offered their second dose then the only way to avoid it being age discrimination is to stick a testing option in there as well. 

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

😂😂 If that’s the extreme ninja level of heroism involved I’ll leave it

As it happens, I randomly bumped into a mate from Edinburgh yesterday (he's from Dublin, but he lives in Edinburgh). Came over last week with his family and was expecting to be grilled as to why they were going to Ireland as they got on the ferry, but all they did was make sure their names matched the booking and waved them on, not a bother, they couldn't care less where they were going or why...so, I'm not sure anyone is actually checking anything!

55 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What’s unfair is that young people have been forced to stay inside for over a year to avoid spreading a virus that has an infinitesimally small chance of killing of them and then have been (rightfully) deprioritised in the vaccine rollout but will likely get screwed over again by this ruling.

If we are going to roll out any sort of vaccine privileges before the entire adult population is offered their second dose then the only way to avoid it being age discrimination is to stick a testing option in there as well. 

But genuine question. If two 70year olds go on holiday because they can before younger people can- what difference would it make if they didnt go until everyone could? Apart from making sure places are fuller and so guessing more expensive?

30 minutes ago, danmarks said:

But genuine question. If two 70year olds go on holiday because they can before younger people can- what difference would it make if they didnt go until everyone could? Apart from making sure places are fuller and so guessing more expensive?

Makes little difference, and I guess helps businesses etc, but it means telling younger people, who have already made a whole bunch of sacrifices to a disease that doesn't affect then too much, that they're going to have to wait 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Isn’t it unfair both ways, for those vaccinated who can’t go because others aren’t, or the unvaccinated who can’t go and not their fault. Even worse those who can’t go because they aren’t able to be vaccinated. There’s no completely fair solution. 

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Isn’t it unfair both ways, for those vaccinated who can’t go because others aren’t, or the unvaccinated who can’t go and not their fault. Even worse those who can’t go because they aren’t able to be vaccinated. There’s no completely fair solution. 

The vaccinated people's sacrifice can be not going on holiday for a few more months until the younger cohorts have been fully vaccinated. Then both parties would have sacrificed.

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The vaccinated people's sacrifice can be not going on holiday for a few more months until the younger cohorts have been fully vaccinated. Then both parties would have sacrificed.

Not sure it has to be that way. It’s like those who got Glastonbury tickets not going in sacrifice to those who didn’t. 

• Like 1

I guess opening up to the older double jabbed helps to ensure that the industries around tourism survive … the longer everyone waits .. the more things close including restaraunts and bars that youngsters might visit on holiday … no easy answer 

6 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The vaccinated people's sacrifice can be not going on holiday for a few more months until the younger cohorts have been fully vaccinated. Then both parties would 

I havent got Glastonbury tickets. 

Can no one goes until i get some. Thankyou