When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

At least she isn't saying how useless the vaccines are this time, or how if you're into eugenics if you don't belive in zero covid 

20210621_070643.jpg

I hate Deepti Gurdasani so much. Bloody terrible person.

At least with Pagel, she isn't great but at least she evidences her claims and is genuinely doing it out of compassion and the want to get on top of this. Deepti Gurdasani is a scaremongering cow.

Perhaps I was too broad with my stroke and it came out malicious. I apologise.

I completely understand introverts. I consider myself an extroverted introvert. In that I have long streams of very social activity, and then need to duck under cover pretty swiftly to recharge. If I have quite a busy, or very people facing week at work, I sometimes struggle to do anything social on the weekends.

What I meant was not those who have introverted tendencies, but the type of people which are pretty happy spending their entire life indoors and tend to sneer at overtly social activity. It doesn’t sound like anyone in this forum.

If my comments hurt I apologise. 

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps I was too broad with my stroke and it came out malicious. I apologise.

I completely understand introverts. I consider myself an extroverted introvert. In that I have long streams of very social activity, and then need to duck under cover pretty swiftly to recharge. If I have quite a busy, or very people facing week at work, I sometimes struggle to do anything social on the weekends.

What I meant was not those who have introverted tendencies, but the type of people which are pretty happy spending their entire life indoors and tend to sneer at overtly social activity. It doesn’t sound like anyone in this forum.

If my comments hurt I apologise. 

fair play for apologising .... nice 1 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Please can you give this a break now, it’s beyond boring. 

You don't have to reply. If I replied to everything I thought was stupid on here I would have a post count like @steviewevie😄 If you want an echo chamber you may need to ignore a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

? I'm entitled to have a go at public figures for talking rubbish. I was being fairly restrained!

She probably isn't the most trustworthy source on scary covid stuff if she isn't linking to the relevant studies. 

She may well be right. But she’s cried Wolf too many times with the constant over dramatic scaremongering. I don’t believe anything she says, so I’ll wait to see that from a better source.

So already discussions over a 'booster vaccine' this autumn (I thought vaccines would cover us till at least next year) - is it reasonable to assume that if we are going to continue needing boosters, then the huge vaccination hubs will remain open for years to come?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57548796

Edited by MrBarry465

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

So already discussions over a 'booster vaccine' this autumn (I thought vaccines would cover us till at least next year) - is it reasonable to assume that if we are going to continue needing boosters, then the huge vaccination hubs will remain open for years to come?

I'm not sure how really as most of them have other uses usually? Conference centres, sports etc. Also they might need to look at hiring people rather than relying on volunteers if that's the case. I'm expecting to volunteer as a steward for a bit longer but not forever. I'm sure many are the same. Would have thought it made sense to switch to GP surgeries or something but there probably isn't the capacity.

Hadn't updated this for a few days.. After the big jump last Thursday the percentage increase in cases has been fairly flat at around 31% week on week the past few days, and way down on the peak in early June. Hopefully the increase will fall below 30% per week soon

image.png.cc24bf10707472276c5fbe9ee9505f8d.png

6 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Depends on how many we’re looking to do and on how short a space of time.

Worth remembering we deliver around 20 million flu vaccines a year within existing infrastructures. Hoping a lot of that can be used to deliver top-ups.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm not sure how really as most of them have other uses usually? Conference centres, sports etc. Also they might need to look at hiring people rather than relying on volunteers if that's the case. I'm expecting to volunteer as a steward for a bit longer but not forever. I'm sure many are the same. Would have thought it made sense to switch to GP surgeries or something but there probably isn't the capacity.

I guess it just depends on how much protection the vaccines provide over the longer term and they need to look at the data. If only the AZ group needs a booster shot, then probably the scale can be pulled back.

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Worth remembering we deliver around 20 million flu vaccines a year within existing infrastructures. Hoping a lot of that can be used to deliver top-ups.

Yeah you stoll my thunder there.

It would make sense to combine getting flu and covid shots if possible as many of the most vulnerable groups will get flu jabs routinely. Not sure how realistic that is as think they need to space them out? As in not have too close together. Or has that not really been tested yet?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It would make sense to combine getting flu and covid shots if possible as many of the most vulnerable groups will get flu jabs routinely. Not sure how realistic that is as think they need to space them out? As in not have too close together. Or has that not really been tested yet?

One of the questions you get asked when booking your Covid vaccine is “have you had a flu jab in the last 7 days?” which says to me there’s either insufficient data or a minor worry about it. It’s only a week though, so hopefully wouldn’t slow things down too much.

Wonder how many people are just getting the jab so that they can play their part in ending ‘this shit’? 
I would expect a significant drop off in booster jabs from the younger and healthy population if we are back to normal by that stage. 

Just now, st dan said:

Wonder how many people are just getting the jab so that they can play their part in ending ‘this shit’? 
I would expect a significant drop off in booster jabs from the younger and healthy population if we are back to normal by that stage. 

It feels like flair ups in groups of the population is always going to be inevitable at this stage, whether thats in the younger group or in the 'anti vaxxers'.

I was listening a podcast the other day which was more of a finance podcast, but they discussed the economic impact of the virus circulating only in certain groups of the population. While it might not have the same impact as if nobody was vaccinated, it's still something worth looking out for going forward. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Hard to say, but plenty of young healthy people have the flu jab if they’re offered it at work, as they don’t want to be incapacitated for a few days. 

Hypotheticals when we’re back to normal is a nice problem to have, but I’d imagine uptake would be at least that of the autumn flu jab.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It has beem trialled

Partner was part of a blind test of combined /10 day gap. Not sure resiults are in yet.

28 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

20 minutes ago, st dan said:

Pretty much my reason though I still have no expectations of anything actually ending this year. 

They'll make everyone have one - I wouldn't believe any talk of "only for the vulnerable" as they said this originally, yet we're slowly creeping to needing every adult and child vaccinated before we fully lift restrictions...

Edited by efcfanwirral

34 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

One of the questions you get asked when booking your Covid vaccine is “have you had a flu jab in the last 7 days?” which says to me there’s either insufficient data or a minor worry about it. It’s only a week though, so hopefully wouldn’t slow things down too much.

Yeah that's actually what I was thinking about.

22 minutes ago, danmarks said:

It has beem trialled

Partner was part of a blind test of combined /10 day gap. Not sure resiults are in yet.

Thanks!

• Hancock confirmed that he does want to replace self-isolation for people who have been in contact with someone testing positive with regular testing. The government was piloting this, he said, and he was taking clinical advice. He went on:

But it’s something that I want to see and we will introduce, subject to clinical advice, as soon as it’s reasonable to do so.

Hancock also stressed that regular testing would not replace self-isolation for people who have tested positive themselves.

54 minutes ago, st dan said:

Probably a lot of people, but I imagine they’re also motivated by their desire to protect their family and friends who may be vulnerable also. It was a mix of both factors for me. 

The booster jabs may never be offered to younger groups, it’s still unknown.