When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m confused. I thought an introvert was someone who likes to stay at home, watch TV, read books etc, generally doesn’t like other people. Wouldn’t be seen dead in a club. Whereas an extrovert is someone who likes to attend parties and surround themselves with other people as much as possible. Have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? 

Yes.

I’m confused. I thought an introvert was someone who likes to stay at home, watch TV, read books etc, generally doesn’t like other people. Wouldn’t be seen dead in a club. Whereas an extrovert is someone who likes to attend parties and surround themselves with other people as much as possible. Have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? 

Someone who's introverted might go out and club, attend parties and surround themselves with other people.

But just not necessarily be overly conversational for instance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Thats just really odd way of looking at it.

I know several introverts who are looking forward to the current way of things ending...

Good for them for not being selfish twats then. What do introverts actually enjoy that can’t be done during lockdown? MAYBE the cinema I guess? 

Could you elaborate please? 

It's more about the way you interact with people and whether or not you derive energy from social interactions or not. You can still definitely enjoy all kinds of cultural events as an introvert. I consider myself to be more on that side of things and love gigs, comedy, seeing my favourite people, travel etc etc etc. I might not love meeting loads of new people at a party but that doesn't mean I begrudge them happening. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the people championing infinite lockdowns are the people who actually enjoy them. 

You’ve got some really odd takes if you think anyone enjoys the situation we are now in …. Truely bizarre 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's more about the way you interact with people and whether or not you derive energy from social interactions or not. You can still definitely enjoy all kinds of cultural events as an introvert. I consider myself to be more on that side of things and love gigs, comedy, seeing my favourite people, travel etc etc etc. I might not love meeting loads of new people at a party but that doesn't mean I begrudge them happening. 

So it’s more about keeping a small core group of friends who you are loyal to rather than having a wider circle of companions who you are less close to on an individual level? 

This I can relate to. I’ve got a relatively small group of close friends (around 8-9 people) who I spend most of my free time with. Maybe I’m an introvert then. I just thought in the past that an introvert is someone who hates everyone and just wants to be alone all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So it’s more about keeping a small core group of friends who you are loyal to rather than having a wider circle of companions who you are less close to on an individual level? 

This I can relate to. I’ve got a relatively small group of close friends (around 8-9 people) who I spend most of my free time with. Maybe I’m an introvert then. I just thought in the past that an introvert is someone who hates everyone and just wants to be alone all the time. 

You're describing a misanthrope. To be fair this thread increasingly makes me feel like one, but that's nothing to do with being an introvert. 

Edit: three attempts to spell misanthrope!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

To give FA probably more credit than they deserve, there were a lot of very bad jokey articles around the first lockdown titled things like “revenge of the introverts” or “introverts, now is your time to shine” - totally cringe worthy stuff. 

I suppose it’s just about barely possible, if coming from a place of ignorance, that you could have read those & assumed introverts were all loving the lockdown life.

That doesn’t make it true. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You’ve got some really odd takes if you think anyone enjoys the situation we are now in …. Truely bizarre 

You are mistaken young sir. The virtue signalling middle class have worked from home on full pay for over a year now. I know this because I’m one of them. Plenty of the great British public will happily just sit in their house until god knows when, watching Strictly Celebrities Dancing on an Island or whatever it’s called and outsourcing their share of the virus risk to the local UberEats drivers. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You are mistaken young sir. The virtue signalling middle class have worked from home on full pay for over a year now. I know this because I’m one of them. Plenty of the great British public will happily just sit in their house until god knows when, watching Strictly Celebrities Dancing on an Island or whatever it’s called and outsourcing their share of the virus risk to the local UberEats drivers. 

So you have enjoyed being in lockdown then ? Really ? That’s not the memory i have of your posts when you struggled with lockdowns ? 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good for them for not being selfish twats then. What do introverts actually enjoy that can’t be done during lockdown? MAYBE the cinema I guess? 

Fantastic hate in this forum recently. I'd class myself as an introvert as I don't push myself to go and do social events constantly, I normally prefer my own company, or the company of 1-2 other people. I don't 'like' the idea of clubbing. 

I also go to more gigs and festivals than most of my extraverted friends that I know because thats where I feel comfortable. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Homer said:

It's normally really nice in this forum. Just a bunch of twats have moved in since the pandemic. Hopefully it will revert to its usual troll-free vibe once the pandemic is over and this thread dies.

I think one of the reasons it's so nice in here is because it's quite hard to troll people when talking about festivals. Which is one reason why you may notice that some people post exclusively in this thread - but don't seem to be remotely interested in ones about, say, good news or, er, festivals.

Agree. Some of the regular characters posting exclusively in this thread have yet to infect other parts of the forum and long may that continue. I’m not entirely sure why they’ve chosen this forum at all, to be honest. 

Anyway...I'm not sure it's anything to do with personality types, but it's epidemiologists, virologists and health care people who are urging caution and restrictions...which is why Johnson has to get advice from others too.. economists, behavioural scientists, mental health care, business owners, politicians...and probably polls etc. Saying it's introverts or nerds or whatever is just wrong and stupid.

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

At least she isn't saying how useless the vaccines are this time, or how if you're into eugenics if you don't belive in zero covid 

20210621_070643.jpg

Please can you give this a break now, it’s beyond boring. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Please can you give this a break now, it’s beyond boring. 

? I'm entitled to have a go at public figures for talking rubbish. I was being fairly restrained!

She probably isn't the most trustworthy source on scary covid stuff if she isn't linking to the relevant studies. 

Edited by zahidf