When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

10.4k cases is another high number sadly up from Friday last week. It’s wise to remember these are people testing positive for the virus, let’s hope it’s not serious for them!

Far better to look at case numbers by specimen date rather than date reported. You get a far better picture on how the rates are progressing but you only have full data around a week after the tests are done.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve no idea what the numbers will do just pointing out the advice you gave to others yesterday. 

Your logic literally blows my mind.

I quoted that post to prove my point of waiting a few days before making a snap judgement either way.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Jeez, what a thing to bicker about

I forgot you're the bastion of great posts buddy. I must improve.

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Could be interesting to look at their numbers next week...

Someone remind me again why we can’t have events? 

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Your logic literally blows my mind.

I quoted that post to prove my point of waiting a few days before making a snap judgement either way.

Yup!

i maintain we could have removed restirctions next week fine. A certain someone was being VERY obnoxious about it after yesterday

Its not GREAT dont get me wrong, but im glad it seems to be going the right way

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pissed up dickhead football fans have an exemption it seems since the start of all this*.  Meanwhile I struggle to keep my kids in school

*not all football fans are dickhead - just the ones who are

If things were really really dangerous now, the police would be breaking those crowds up. 

Yet as @stuie says, we can't even have safe events with testing unless they're government friendly it seems. And not just that, the industry is potentially being hung out to dry

I blame glastonbury for inviting corbyn and that fucking chant spreading around the other festivals...

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

New crazy anti-vaxxer story going around: 

Apparently BA pilots are beginning to die after 2 jabs, because they flew a week after the last jab. 

Yeah I’ve seen that doing the rounds. I mean I’m sure it’s purely coincidental, but four BA pilots dying in a short space of time is a bit strange. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Maybe our resident vaccine expert can help but I think its the extended clinical trial data they want from a extra trial which was set up and ran from early this year.  The USA wasn't happy with the first set of data the UK and the rest of the world used due to all the issues around 1.5 doses etc.

I think approval is based on clinical trail data and not real world.

Normally, Phase 3 RCT data is what is used for initial approval or registration of a new drug/vaccine (to be supplemented with real world use data and ongoing pharmacovigilance data at specified timepoints to hold onto the approval)...for the EUA submissions that all the vaccines have used, Phase 3 RCT data was what was required by the regulators (and in the EU, that approval converts to full approval within 12 months if they add in the extra data requested from additional trials in new cohorts that the vaccine wasn't approved for in the first place (adolescents and kids for example)). AZ did submit their Phase 3 data to the FDA, but they f*cked it up and sent in data that was out of date and gave an inaccurate view of performance (and they were hauled in to explain it). So, they are re-doing the submission with a new endpoint last I heard. I think they were looking at skipping EUA altogether and just going for full approval from the FDA since they now have enough endpoints for that and also have real world use data from elsewhere to bolster that submission. Pfizer have already gone ahead with their full approval submission too. The AZ issue in terms of accepting it for travel etc was flagged to me by mates in the NIH a while back (they suggested if I had a choice, take one of the FDA approved ones to avoid any hassle). The general feeling is that eventually, either AZ will get full approval from the FDA, or the US will loosen it's stance on which vaccines it will accept (likely to happen once the travel corridor with the EU opens up again later in the summer, since there are EU citizens vaccinated with AZ and the EU won't agree to letting US citizens into the EU but excluding some EU citizens from entry to the US simply on the basis that they had an EMA approved vaccine but not an FDA approved one....reciprocity is their buzzword!). So, unless you need to go now (when travel to the US is a pain in the arse anyway), it should be fine I'd expect. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pissed up dickhead football fans have an exemption it seems since the start of all this*.  Meanwhile I struggle to keep my kids in school

At the same time, aren’t you the fish pushing for Boris to act on easing restrictions as soon as possible? If football fans are causing a problem, then isn’t there a problem (regardless who it is)? If they’re not, why target them? 

46 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If things were really really dangerous now, the police would be breaking those crowds up. 

Yet as @stuie says, we can't even have safe events with testing unless they're government friendly it seems. And not just that, the industry is potentially being hung out to dry

I blame glastonbury for inviting corbyn and that fucking chant spreading around the other festivals...

I guess what can the police do without things getting nasty? They should have stopped trains running or something.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Could be interesting to look at their numbers next week...

Where do they all think they're going to watch the match?! I rang a local gastro pub, that doesn't normally show football at all, over a week ago and they were already completely sold out. And that's in zone 3.