When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Her tweet starting 'A couple of other points to note' then goes on to say SAR estimates of 43% and 42% and then 55% for non-household contacts - both of those 40s were in the 60s in last week's PHE report I believe 

Ah, fair enough. I've not been following the reports closely enough to compare the specific SAR scenario estimates like-for-like 🙂

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That’s the least Drakeford thing I’ve ever read 😂

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I had to read it twice !

It must be a print error surely 😂😂 Seriously though I’m glad to see him take a more realistic view and looking at the whole picture, I have been critical of him for having tunnel vision when looking at Covid, so this is a welcome statement from him

1 hour ago, st dan said:

“Of the 806 hospitalisations:

527 (65%) people were unvaccinated”

That’s a very large and damning percentage. Assuming the majority of these will be those in priority groups 1-9 who have refused the jab (for whatever reason), rather than the younger ones who haven’t been offered it yet. In which case, are these the ‘selfish’ people the rest of have to ‘blame’ for the push back of the full reopening?

It'll be our new culture war (though really a continuation of the old one considering the rhetoric) 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

JCVI 1-9 groups was 50+ and underlying health conditions wasn’t it? I would expect the vast majority of those 527 people to be in that category, rather than a lot of under 50s with no health conditions being admitted, which would be of a greater concern. 

That's quite an assumption given there are millions of people who haven't had chance to get vaccinated yet, and that we know hospitalisations are higher in the younger age groups:

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's quite an assumption given there are millions of people who haven't had chance to get vaccinated yet, and that we know hospitalisations are higher in the younger age groups:

Those graphs are using largely meaningless age ranges for comparative analysis though. 18 to 64 is just far too vague. For all we know that could be made up of 90% of those 50-64. 

Edited by st dan

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic that a single dose is going to make massive inroads with those in their 20s - and within 2 weeks rather than 3.

Just logically it does sound right that the age group who catch it but don't end up in hospital, showing a level of being able to fight it anyway, would see more benefit from one dose than those older, as they're already further along naturally. Science probably doesn't back that up though! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

My employer emailed round today to say that they are not going to set a minimum number of days that they expect us to be in the office going forwards and that they trust us to work from wherever! Obviously, if we have client meetings then we will need to go into the office etc. but I will be working from home forever besides that. I am very surprised and very relieved.

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic that a single dose is going to make massive inroads with those in their 20s - and within 2 weeks rather than 3.

Yep. We need to roll out as many walk ins as physically possible I say. If they put in as much effort now as they did at the start of vaccinations we really can be unlocking everything on 19th July. 

7 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

My employer emailed round today to say that they are not going to set a minimum number of days that they expect us to be in the office going forwards and that they trust us to work from wherever! Obviously, if we have client meetings then we will need to go into the office etc. but I will be working from home forever besides that. I am very surprised and very relieved.

Mine have said 3 days in office but it's not set in stone. If need be can be more. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Mine have said 3 days in office but it's not set in stone. If need be can be more. 

Would have been a nightmare for me as I have left London now and live about 3 hours away. This maximum flexibility is so welcome and so needed (and very justified as I am more productive than I have ever been as no commute).

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nick Ferrari (it came on in the car) was banging on about a potential 5th July exit this morning on LBC. Said the reason was the data showing the scientists were too cautious last week.

Cant see that happening but if the positive talk keeps up it bodes well for 19th. And for the likes of latitude and etc going ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Cant see that happening but if the positive talk keeps up it bodes well for 19th. And for the likes of latitude and etc going ahead. 

I assume it would be a case of negative test on entry or something still though wouldn't it?

Or are we literally just going hell for leather and dropping that stuff too?