When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

Rate of increase is slowing (ie not doubling every week) so on current trajectories could flatline in 10 days or so. Worth noting 7 day rolling R went down even with a freak number today.

It’s definitely improved from a week and a half ago.

I think 2 weeks is wishful thinking, but you never know...

35 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Now that's not true. Two jabs (and one, to a lesser extent) severely decrease your risk of GETTING the virus full stop. They protect against serious illness to an even greater degree, but they do protect very well against infection altogether.

And if you do get it, because the symptoms are lessened, you shed less virus, so are still less likely to pass it on even if symptomatic.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Very early signs we are heading in the right direction but we could be in for some concerning days with total case numbers.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-reports-more-than-11000-new-covid-cases-and-another-19-deaths-12334965
this article says we should see a week or 2 worth of worse data before an improvement thanks to the slow down, if we add in some more vaccinations we should be on an okay track overall 

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

This is actually really bad management both by the PR and him (unless that's what they're going for...)

He should have been prepped to expect the question and have a decent segway response out of it. 

I agree, why doesn’t he just say yes he thinks Hancock is good at his job, I presume he’s told a lie before?

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I agree, why doesn’t he just say yes he thinks Hancock is good at his job, I presume he’s told a lie before?

I think it speaks wonders of his morals not to answer.

I agree he could have possibly spun it but there has to be a good egg somewhere in the system who doesn’t simply nod and wave when being pressured to lie.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think it speaks wonders of his morals not to answer.

I agree he could have possibly spun it but there has to be a good egg somewhere in the system who doesn’t simply nod and wave when being pressured to lie.

If he was thinking of his morales he probably should’ve spoken out against a hopeless Health Secretary during the middle of the biggest public health crises we’ve seen in a century. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If he was thinking of his morales he probably should’ve spoken out against a hopeless Health Secretary during the middle of the biggest public health crises we’ve seen in a century. 

So the government could have then hung him out to dry?

We both know that wouldn’t have ended up well for him.

He’s said what he thinks without even opening his mouth. It’s perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

He’s said what he thinks without even opening his mouth. It’s perfect.

It's possible his post is politically restricted, certain posts all over the public sector are even in local government such as CFO are. This stops you standing for, participating in or speaking in public at large to show an affiliation for any political party.

The roles covered by this tend to be listed on a public sector organisations website along with the policy and state things like this:

Speaking to the public at large or publishing any written or artistic work that could 
give the impression that they are advocating support for a political party or someone 
seeking to be a candidate; where the intention is to affect public support for a 
political party. This includes giving an interview that is likely to result in the 
publication of statements made or opinions expressed

That's tower Hamlets but they are all by and large the same.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That would imply he’s not being moralist if he’s thinking of his job, which is totally fair enough.

Either way it’s not a good look for Hancock. 

15 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I hate wearing face coverings on and off in the pub/cafe/restaurant but - without exception - the ones I've been to have staff of an age where they're probably not vaccinated yet (and possibly feeling a bit anxious about it all), so even if it's a semi-pointless bit of theatre at this point, at least I feel like I'm showing them a bit of respect when I'm passing them to go for a piss or walking around them. It's irritating but I can put up with it for a bit longer.

As someone in hospitality (although double jabbed myself) thank you. 

It's also the fact that we (largely minimum wage or slightly more) are being asked to enforce these rules whether we want to or not. And the constant push back is fucking exhausting.  Being asked a few times a day to wear your mask might be annoying. Having to ask tens if not hundreds of times a day and getting shit for it just grinds you down. I feel like I have an insight into what is like working for WH Smith, having to ask every customer if they want to buy a Dairy Milk. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Government priorities...

You realise that:

- These guys will all be regularly PCR tested

- Vast majority will be jabbed

- If they don’t do this we’ll literally get the euros semis and final taken off us.

This is a no brainer move. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You realise that:

- These guys will all be regularly PCR tested

- Vast majority will be jabbed

- If they don’t do this we’ll literally get the euros semis and final taken off us.

This is a no brainer move. 

That's irrelevant really when you have half the population regularly PCR tested, double jabbed and they cant even go to a supermarket without a mask. Its rubbing it in peoples faces that its one rule for the rich and one rules for everyone else. 

They have can have the semis and finals, couldnt care less. 

Edited by Havors
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's irrelevant really when you have half the population regularly PCR tested, double jabbed and they cant even go to a supermarket without a mask. Its rubbing it in peoples faces that its one rule for the rich and one rules for everyone else. 

They have can have the semis and finals, couldnt care less. 

That’s an argument for scrapping silly rules, not an argument against football coming home. 

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

That’s an argument for scrapping silly rules, not an argument against football coming home. 

Correct. Why would I argue against football coming home? I would let them come over...

However, we cant use the argument that they are vaccinated and take tests to let the officials come over. Because that just takes the piss out of everyone in the country that has been jabbed and takes tests.

Just be honest and say we want to blow smoke up their ass to have the semis and final here.