When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Just been chatting to a friend, who caught COVID at a hen do on the weekend and shes been really ill all week, knocked her for six!

Apparently the girl that gave it to everyone has been jabbed twice as well.....

Has there been any solid evidence around the delta variant and the vaccines?

How did they establish which one on the hen party they got it from? If they all got it, how did they know who was the source?

23 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

How did they establish which one on the hen party they got it from? If they all got it, how did they know who was the source?

Well the one who showed symptoms first and was then tested, so thats what they are going off.

Even if she wasn't the one that brought it in, she's still showing symptoms after 2 jabs.

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

At no point has it been said you won’t. It’s meant to lessen the severity of the symptoms. 

Now that's not true. Two jabs (and one, to a lesser extent) severely decrease your risk of GETTING the virus full stop. They protect against serious illness to an even greater degree, but they do protect very well against infection altogether.

8 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Well the one who showed symptoms first and was then tested, so thats what they are going off.

Even if she wasn't the one that brought it in, she's still showing symptoms after 2 jabs.

The one who smelt it dealt it then! Not sure if being the first to show symptoms and be tested means you are the source. Especially with all the asymptomatic cases. Two doses of the jab doesn't mean you can't get the virus,  it's not 100% effective. And I don't think you can extrapolate that she was the spreader on the basis she was the first to show symptoms and have a test so must have spread it to the rest. Just as likely that any of the other gals were the carriers asymptomatically and spread it I would have thought, rather than the double jabbed person

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Now that's not true. Two jabs (and one, to a lesser extent) severely decrease your risk of GETTING the virus full stop. They protect against serious illness to an even greater degree, but they do protect very well against infection altogether.

Im talking purely about once you’re infected. 

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The one who smelt it dealt it then! Not sure if being the first to show symptoms and be tested means you are the source. Especially with all the asymptomatic cases. Two doses of the jab doesn't mean you can't get the virus,  it's not 100% effective. And I don't think you can extrapolate that she was the spreader on the basis she was the first to show symptoms and have a test so must have spread it to the rest. Just as likely that any of the other gals were the carriers asymptomatically and spread it I would have thought, rather than the double jabbed person

You’re reading too much into this. It’s a made up story. 

• Downvote 2

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

"Will now be a genuine review of the data", admitting he was bullshitting in the press conference when he said that...

I think initially it was just put in as an unrealistic Hail Mary shot to keep the backbenchers quiet, but now the data is genuinely looking better. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Yesterdays front page of the Mail was about the WFH law which was rejected by No 10 by lunchtime, who knows if this one will be anymore accurate.

Also not clear on what data has imroved? We've gone up to 11k cases a day now.

Edited by MrBarry465

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think initially it was just put in as an unrealistic Hail Mary shot to keep the backbenchers quiet, but now the data is genuinely looking better. 

It's so bad that he has to communicate that way - lie to the public to appease a bunch of people in his own party

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Also not clear on what data has imroved? We've gone up to 11k cases a day now.

Rate of increase is slowing (ie not doubling every week) so on current trajectories could flatline in 10 days or so. Worth noting 7 day rolling R went down even with a freak number today.

It’s definitely improved from a week and a half ago.