When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

I've no doubt we will open up in July, anyone who thinks otherwise is just paranoid at this point.

I have no choice but to agree.

Like I say, there could be another game changer new variant. But short of that, we’ll be reopen a month from Saturday. The existing vaccines are incredibly effective against hospitalisation and death from Delta, so with all vulnerable groups double jabbed and all other adults single jabbed, there’s very little reason not to reopen at that point. 

Also another thing to point out, in the past when Boris has set a hard date for something to happen (as opposed to a “not before”), he hasn’t been afraid to ignore unfavourable data to stick to it. This happened in lockdown 2 when he promised it’d end after 4 weeks and stuck to it even when cases didn’t fall as far as expected and went up in Kent and East London. 

19th July is the first hard date he’s set in a while and I don’t expect him to miss it. 

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Forget who the source is- it's from the actual memo in parliament

Those first doses won't be done by 19th July, only offered, to be done early August 

I suspect another delay...

That's why enough is enough. Let's have a mass demonstration on July 4th and tell the nerds and Tories we won't put up with their bullshit rules 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Also another thing to point out, in the past when Boris has set a hard date for something to happen (as opposed to a “not before”), he hasn’t been afraid to ignore unfavourable data to stick to it. This happened in lockdown 2 when he promised it’d end after 4 weeks and stuck to it even when cases didn’t fall as far as expected and went up in Kent and East London. 

19th July is the first hard date he’s set in a while and I don’t expect him to miss it. 

Sticking to the date isn’t necessarily the issue. It’s what the date entails that concerns me. ALL restrictions need to end. 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Leave it much later and you pretty much will need to lockdown until March 2022 

I find this idea really unconvincing. The effect of increasing vaccination is surely more powerful than any seasonal effects? It's not as if the immunity gained by catching the virus can be spread faster than vaccinations can be administered.

So then if we did lockdown* until September, the main effect would be to keep cases numbers down, which would make it easier to go through winter without restrictions, as doubling a tiny number still gives you a small number, so we'd have more headroom for exponential growth - not that I'd expect much.

Are there any credible articles by scientists, rather than the usual lockdown-sceptics that actually back up this "now or next spring" theory, because it doesn't make any sense to me.

* We are very much not "locked down" at the moment FWIW.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

On the face it of it this does seem to be where we are.  I think the key questions on the table is what exactly post July 19th actually looks like.  We still don't really know.  What is the new normal.

Yup. Its ridiculous if we let fake SAGE and commies make us less risk averse than the US and Europe 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That's why enough is enough. Let's have a mass demonstration on July 4th and tell the nerds and Tories we won't put up with their bullshit rules 

Nah your alright mate, fill your boots though... 

Go yell at the clouds and get all your q anon .mates together 🤣🤣🤣 

Your posts literally lack any meaningful content now and are just ridiculous sound bites trying to stir shit up...

Edited by MrBarry465

Just now, Ozanne said:

It’s not down to the politicians it’s down to the JCVI. 

Haven't the MHRA said it's fine to jab undr 40s if the spread is over a certain amount?

If it's too high for us open fully, then it's high enough for us to jab under 40s?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I find this idea really unconvincing. The effect of increasing vaccination is surely more powerful than any seasonal effects? It's not as if the immunity gained by catching the virus can be spread faster than vaccinations can be administered.

So then if we did lockdown* until September, the main effect would be to keep cases numbers down, which would make it easier to go through winter without restrictions, as doubling a tiny number still gives you a small number, so we'd have more headroom for exponential growth - not that I'd expect much.

Are there any credible articles by scientists, rather than the usual lockdown-sceptics that actually back up this "now or next spring" theory, because it doesn't make any sense to me.

I haven’t seen any articles. We clearly aren’t going to be in a lockdown till March 2022 and anyone saying we will is just trying to make people feel anxious.

We didn’t lockdown last winter for that amount of time and this year we have the vaccination program which will have given people 2 doses therefore we’ll have suitable protection like Israel.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But we have the same scientists advocating to have winter restrictions 

If we have all over 18s able to get a jab by this week, (a single jab offers protecting against spread despite fake SAGEs best ant vaccine propganda) what's the justification past July 19?

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Haven't the MHRA said it's fine to jab undr 40s if the spread is over a certain amount?

If it's too high for us open fully, then it's high enough for us to jab under 40s?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-advises-on-covid-19-vaccine-for-people-aged-under-40

It was the JCVI, nothing to do with politicians. 

Just now, zahidf said:

That's from May 7th. Should it be revised based on the what they've revisited the models about the delta variant?

I’ve no idea, I was only pointing out that you saying it was the politicians taking this move wasn’t correct. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

But we have the same scientists advocating to have winter restrictions 

If we have all over 18s able to get a jab by this week, (a single jab offers protecting against spread despite fake SAGEs best ant vaccine propganda) what's the justification past July 19?

I'm not discussing whether we should have restrictions past July 19th (FWIW, I think probably not), I'm asking what basis is that there's some kind of "window" where if we haven't lifted everything by a certain date, then we'll be forced to maintain restrictions for several further months.  Why would having restrictions in September mean we'd be stuck with them until spring? How does lifting restrictions in July put us in a better position to cope with winter?

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

I meant in general. You’ve always been pro freedom on here but some of your recent rhetoric comes across as satirical. Maybe I’m wrong. 

Frustrated 

I haven't been convinced about restrictions post double jabbing. And if they are keeping these ridiculous restrictions, we should have more freedoms for double jabbed people.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not discussing whether we should have restrictions past July 19th (FWIW, I think probably not), I'm asking what basis is that there's some kind of "window" where if we haven't lifted everything by a certain date, then we'll be forced to maintain restrictions for several further months.  Why would having restrictions in September mean we'd be stuck with them until spring? How does lifting restrictions in July put us in a better position to cope with winter?

I agree. But we have members of SAGE on TV advocating vague winter restrictions. What do they mean exactly? They are casuing the anxiety. As if social distancing in winter is a minor issue. It isn't.