When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

9k cases today, up 20% on last week after a full week of c. 7.6k

Absolutely no sign of the 60% exponential death loop we were promised Monday night.

Cancelling next weeks freedom day looks like a BIG mistake

Why is your font all weird?

Just now, zahidf said:

Phone posting

It's very hard to see how predictions of 15,000 cases a day by 21st June could now be met.

Mine does that sometimes, if you are copying and pasting it’ll give you the option to ‘paste as free text’ that’ll solve that mate. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

because it's naughty?

I never downloaded or used that Covid app for various reasons. But really can't see longer term why a fully vaccinated person should be self isolating after contact.

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Still up, still slowing. 

Admissions up steeper but that’s to be expected as they’re tracking on last weeks cases which were worse.

More of the same please.

That’s what I was saying last week when others were commenting that hospital admissions weren’t rising much. With another 9k cases we should expect admissions to rise further in the next week sadly. 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

9k cases today, up 20% on last week after a full week of c. 7.6k

Absolutely no sign of the 60% exponential death loop we were promised Monday night.

Cancelling next weeks freedom day looks like a BIG mistake

The whole point of this excercise is to slow down the cases rising by not opening further.

Do you not understand the logic? We've not opened properly yet and cases are up 20% on last week.....

I swear the mental gymnastics some of you play is just nuts. 

Edited by MrBarry465
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

The whole point of this excercise is to slow down the cases rising by not opening further.

Do you not understand the logic? We've not opened properly yet and cases are up 20% on last week.....

i ignored you, how did this happen?

anyway, models said cases would be 15,000.00 a day by 21st June. That aint happening

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

That’s what I was saying last week when others were commenting that hospital admissions weren’t rising much. With another 9k cases we should expect admissions to rise further in the next week sadly. 

That’s likely, but it’s the rate of increase that’s all important at the moment. And that is slowing. Just got to hope it keeps turning.

And occupancy not tracking with admissions in the same way as previous waves, which is a win. 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

If you imagine every time someone with the virus breathes out, that outbreath carries a certain amount of virus. The more time they’re doing it, the more virus builds up in any shared space. 

Then the longer you’re in that space, the more of that air you’re breathing in, so the greater the viral load you’re exposed to. 

I guess the 15 minute recommendation has some science behind it as a sort of threshold. 

Frankly though 30 seconds on a crowded tube carriage is probably more than enough! 😳

Yeah that makes sense I guess but the final paragraph is really what I'm thinking! 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that makes sense I guess but the final paragraph is really what I'm thinking! 

The other issue with it is no one knows where or when you got on the tube so everyone could say they'd only been on 10 minutes.

I think it's got to be either/or as seems a bit bonkers to me to add a time limit.

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

We need to chuck face masks in the bin and move on.

Improve sick pay and people stop going out when ill is the right way to go 

Those are 2 very different points. Until companies, big and small, especially those who do shift work, can survive without staff on sick pay, by paying another person to come in and do extra work, it won't happen.

I work in a very small team for a gallery, we have a full team of 0 hour contracts, if one calls up ill, we have to call around hoping someone fills their space, if they don't we're short staffed for the day, which depending on the type of thing we have going on, can cause major issues.