When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I don't like to see anyone abused, or personally attacked, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. 

I'll be the first to admit I haven't always lived up to that principle, but I do my best.

It does seem to be bordering on obsession for some though, I don’t think there’s a need for some of the bile she gets especially when people could just ignore her. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe schools were asking parents to wear them when picking up or dropping off?

Yes, school has always required parents to wear mask when on the school site and staff wear them at pick up and drop off. 

43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This. Much of the vitriol against her here has reduced to petty insults, to the point it’s actually a bit odd how a handful of posters are so fixated with her. The unfortunate thing is, that level of discourse means people who I’m sure are perfectly decent often come across like juvenile c**ts. 

27 minutes ago, Havors said:

Between the virtue signalling sanctimony and the facetious wind up merchants... this thread is definitely getting worse. 

23 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Here here 🙌

If you are taking about a scientist you don't agree with shitting in a hole, things have got a bit weird

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I did say I hoped it rained when she was setting up her tent.

Its funny though - if I had said it about Boris or Cummings no one would of cared.  

Its funny who we think is fair game and who is not.

Yeah but why did you say that? Because you hate Christina Pagel and want everyone to know it? Or because you thought it was kind of funny? I laughed when I read it.

It's different to people quoting her tweets then just adding in a short insult to the top. That's not arguing against, it's just posting to tell people you hate that person and her views. Which doesn't really add anything.

"Here's a Christina Pagel post and here's why I think she's wrong" is fair game.

"Here's a Christina Pagel post and I think she's a c**t" is not.

59 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly people don't like Pagel being called out because she supports their narrative.  They are very happy to lay into people they don't agree with.

There's some truth to that, but I think when people lay into Johnson, or Webber, or Tim Wetherspoons, it's because they've already done stuff far worse - they have a pre-established c**tiness. But like I say, you have a point, they're still human being and that doesn't make it right or okay. It just stands out with Pagel because the only reason anyone knows who she is is because of COVID, and she was in the media from the start of this thing in March 2020, and people only started hating her this year when they didn't like what she was saying any more. Whereas Johnson has always been a c**t.

But yeah - I can see her as an equivalent figure to JK Rowling or Graham Linehan for some.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They must be getting assurances 19th July will definitely happen (if not sooner). 

If you pray, pray there is not another bloody variant popping up in the next couple of weeks. 😄 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah..I like Newsnight, and I like Nick Watt...and this pisses me off. Shouting traitor at him ffs. What a bunch of dickhead thugs.

Agreed, they make me sick. We live in a post Trump/Brexit world now unfortunately. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to force them back into their bedrooms and the shadows. 

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

They must be getting assurances 19th July will definitely happen (if not sooner). 

If you pray, pray there is not another bloody variant popping up in the next couple of weeks. 😄 

They just know they haven't got the numbers, and it could hurt their futures...for many MPs voting against the party is a big deal, a big step to make, especially when the government like current one is so powerful. But, at same time, many have got very used to it, especially during brexit...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

They just know they haven't got the numbers, and it could hurt their futures...for many MPs voting against the party is a big deal, a big step to make, especially when the government like current one is so powerful. But, at same time, many have got very used to it, especially during brexit...

Some of them have become "uncle dickead" that turns up at weddings and everyone just goes oh its only uncle dickhead being a dickhead... ignore him 😄 

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

That’s the key- it should only be a variant stoping that date now. 

I doubt the numbers will turn quickly enough to accelerate it though. 

2 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

That’s the key- it should only be a variant stoping that date now. 

I doubt the numbers will turn quickly enough to accelerate it though. 

yeah just some wishful thinking there haha but you never know... growth rate dropped so we shouldn't be looking at exponential growth now.. thats a start. Unless its all a false dawn 😞 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

yeah just some wishful thinking there haha but you never know... growth rate dropped so we shouldn't be looking at exponential growth now.. thats a start. Unless its all a false dawn 😞 

I’m cautiously optimistic. This time last week I couldn’t see how we could get cases down without rolling back easing. Now it looks like there’s a path through; hoping it’s the vaccines breaking the transmission chains.