When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon the next four weeks will have loads of illegal raves going on.

Yeah, there's already been quite a few going on near me (Hackney-Walthamstow and out towards Essex).  People also seem to have less shame about posting videos of them on social media. To be honest, despite being a real ruleophile, I'd be tempted if I thought they'd be any good! 

Edited by Ed90

34 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Is the rebooking to 8 weeks just for over 40s? 

There REALLY need to sort out the booking site so you don’t have to cancel first.

Ive just tried to rebook mine. Cancelled my 2nd on 2nd August.... I could only find one booking that was sooner.... 3 days sooner. So I just rebooked the one I cancelled as its easier to get to. 

So mine was stuck at 11 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Im going to hazard a guess that he is not the only person agitating this sort of stuff online.

Yeah, it does all get whipped up online...and people get into a frenzy, and seem to have a particular hate for scientists and journalists, especially BBC journalists. Same sort of shit as seen in US with the MAGA/QAnon dickheads.

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

There is a lot of skepticism about this "4 week delay" in the media today, which is good to see. People aren't just blindly accepting the lies anymore. 

How does anyone believe that the next delay won't be "to get all adults double jabbed" 

Tbh the Whitty and Vallance were more reassuring. Them and the modelling they released basically said there wasn't any point in delaying more than 4 weeks. So I'm a little.more confident, though my worry is that they will keep 'baseline' stuff which is unacceptable 

7 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Yeah, there's already been quite a few going on near me (Hackney-Walthamstow and out towards Essex).  People also seem to have less shame about posting videos of them on social media. To be honest, despite being a real ruleophile, I'd be tempted if I thought they'd be any good! 

The ones in inner London arr shit anyway. Can't setup a proper rig

Edited by MrBarry465

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Tbh the Whitty and Vallance were more reassuring. Them and the modelling they released basically said there wasn't any point in delaying more than 4 weeks. So I'm a little.more confident, though my worry is that they will keep 'baseline' stuff which is unacceptable 

Yeah, I think 4 weeks we'll be good...unless we're not.

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ive just tried to rebook mine. Cancelled my 2nd on 2nd August.... I could only find one booking that was sooner.... 3 days sooner. So I just rebooked the one I cancelled as its easier to get to. 

So mine was stuck at 11 weeks. 

Thanks! I’ll wait then, maybe they’ll do the same for under 30s soon.

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The ones in inner London arr shit anyway. Can't setup a proper rig

Haha, I don't doubt that.  Anyone I know who's been to one (who I've subsequently berated) says they get shut down early anyway.  Or they're just one guy with a big speaker in Epping Forest.

17 hours ago, zahidf said:

Getting the excuses ready

Variants aren't excuses. Do you not believe that Delta exists? Or that it's more transmissible?

Same reason Johnson can't write a blank cheque and promise a date as completely definitive - the virus can mutate and fuck up our plans regardless of how carefully thought through they are or not. It probably won't at this point. But it's ridiculous to demand we set a date and stick to it regardless of how the situation changes and what the figures are.

Because had he done that, and something weird happened and the NHS got completely swamped over that month and it was looking like December 2020 again, your lot would still be going "no, the date was committed to, we have to re-open".

16 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Going to miss Chris Whitty when all this is over. Maybe him and Valance will get their own tv show.

It's going to be great week on House of Games. Maybe they can get Christina Pagel on as well to wind some people up!

16 hours ago, tigger123 said:

I think what would really help the inbuilt fear in society would be if on the 19th July, the news stop publishing daily covid rates, are we going to do this every day for eternity? That to me feels like a natural break and should be time we try to encourage people to focus on other things in life other than covid 

That's just the start. Half of the news for the next decade is going to be about random disease outbreaks in various places. They happen a lot, and everyone knew "the big one" was coming at some point - but now it's happened, the media will be covering in detail every single outbreak.

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree but the extra pressure of covid, even diminished, would push it over the edge this year, plus the door has been opened to this now 

Possibly, but there's also the fact that those susceptible to winter flu are also those susceptible to winter COVID, so we shouldn't see a huge rise in numbers. Especially because, as grim as it, a lot of those that are more susceptible have already passed.

Having said that the other side is that the population didn't get exposed much to flu last winter so immunity could be down, if it works that way? But I genuinely think the government would take the loss and deaths rather shut down again. They're still pretending the NHS wasn't overwhelmed last winter, and I doubt it'll be that bad this winter.

13 hours ago, BobWillis2 said:

What was the answer to the question about whether to use the AZ for under 40’s? I missed it. 

Not sure how they can justify a risk big enough to delay the roadmap but not a risk big enough to use what we have available. 

Looking at the stats posted earlier, AZ is significantly less good against Delta after a single dose, and needs a longer interval before having a second dose. So figuring out the best approach isn't quite as simple - it's not just about the risk of clotting, but what sort of supply they have. We don't want to end up in a situation where we're waiting an extra month to second jab these people because AZ needs an 8 week gap instead of 4 weeks. So unless switching to using AZ speeds us up by more than 4 weeks, it means we'll end up hitting the "all adults fully vaccinated" point later than we otherwise would have,

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Pagel went full blown WTF this morning and then got quickly corrected 🙂  Nothing to see here 😄   

Attention to detail Prof Pagel 🙂   C-

Her mate Deepti was having a go at the vaccines again, despite the PHE report

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

What the hell has Nick Watt done to anger them so much ? 

Have you ever seen logic applied by them?

My assumption is it's because he is part of mainstream media and is part of the "big lie".

Edited by MrBarry465

Not in the mood for you today to be honest.  That comment earlier was pretty dam childish.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Toughen up son.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Edited by MrBarry465
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Thanks! I’ll wait then, maybe they’ll do the same for under 30s soon.

I'm under 30 and it's letting me book my 2nd online (not that I've gone through with it yet). I had my first at the GP so presumably I have to wait for them to invite me again

48 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hot take: You can think the restrictions are wrong and disgusting without defending the behaviour of some bone headed thugs attacking a BBC journalist. 

Hotter take: you can think the restrictions are wrong without spending every day taking pot shots at scientists, repeating "enough is enough" over and over again and most importantly, supporting civil unrest. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hotter take: you can think the restrictions are wrong without spending every day taking pot shots at scientists, repeating "enough is enough" over and over again and most importantly, supporting civil unrest. 

🙏 Damn straight

Edited by MrBarry465

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hottest take: you don't have to just contradict people for the sake of it

I went the GP route and I have booked my second online.  The system knows I had AZ first time and only offers AZ appointments for the second jab so I don't see the issue.  

Thanks mate - just having a look now and the system says for u40s it'll show Pfizer and Moderna appointments although it doesn't actually say - just hoping they actually have Pfizer when I turn up and I had my first dose at the weekend!