When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Is anyone listening to LBC?

It sounds like there has been a huge cock-up with the way kids at school are being told to isolate when a classmate tests positive for COVID. It seems only the person sat directly next to them is asked to self-isolate and there are lots of outbreaks in schools of the Delta variant.

I wonder if this revelation will make it to the news-cycle or be overlooked like so many of the governments other failings...

3 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Has anyone else noticed that mask usage on public transport has fallen considerably in the last few days

Don't use public transport but it's getting harder every day to get guests to do it. Don't know what the percentage of people who are exempt is on the general population, but it would seem to be much higher amongst our guests

3 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Is the rebooking to 8 weeks just for over 40s? 

There REALLY need to sort out the booking site so you don’t have to cancel first.

Haha I booked my first and second without looking at my work calendar; then rebooked, then had to try to rebook again as the girlfriend is going at same time now and couldn't do that time (no car so its not a simple journey,plus takes us to a dodgy area). Now it can't find my details anymore. Not the most robust system....

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

That is a fucking ridiculous thing to say. You really need to get off that self righteous high horse. 

He's been chanting on the sidelines saying we need 'riots' and 'civil disobedience'...

But ok im on the high horse....

• Downvote 1

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

He's been chanting on the sidelines saying we need 'riots' and 'civil disobedience'...

Don't think he has ever said riots.

Also, clearly the guy is just frustrated at potentially losing another summer of his life to this shite. If calling fringe mathematicians nerds really upsets people that much then maybe the internet isn't for you.

19 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Is the rebooking to 8 weeks just for over 40s? 

There REALLY need to sort out the booking site so you don’t have to cancel first.

I saw another poster on here talking about calling 119 to rebook.  I tried but was told to cancel first.  Took the plunge, cancelled my second visit due in just under three week - had the pick of hundreds of slots tomorrow at a location much closer than the original.  Worth the gamble, but it was a "heart-in-the-mouth" moment when I pressed cancel without knowing if I was going to be better or worse off. 

Forgot to add - am over 40. 

Edited by EasyUserName
Forgot key information

5 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Having an opinion about something does not mean you should be muzzled... Muzzled? have you heard yourself? And you say your not on a high horse? He has also not called for reporters to be harrassed. 

Wind your sanctimonious neck in 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I dunno what the right weeks thing is all about there was about six weeks between mine both jabs done in hospitals who obviously don't care about the time gap.

System won't let you book any earlier than 8 weeks so no choice (when you book 1 and 2 together )

At least under 40 anyway 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, Havors said:

Having an opinion about something does not mean you should be muzzled... Muzzled? have you heard yourself? And you say your not on a high horse? He has also not called for reporters to be harrassed. 

Wind your sanctimonious neck in 

Trying to whip people up into a frenzy causes this sort of shit. Reporters being chased down the street and the like. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, EasyUserName said:

I saw another poster on here talking about calling 119 to rebook.  I tried but was told to cancel first.  Took the plunge, cancelled my second visit due in just under three week - had the pick of hundreds of slots tomorrow at a location much closer than the original.  Worth the gamble, but it was a "heart-in-the-mouth" moment when I pressed cancel without knowing if I was going to be better or worse off. 

I have basically the perfect appointment for my 2nd *IF* I don’t have a choice of 8 weeks rather than 12. 

I’m in the 28/29 category, so only had my first last week, but obvs had to book 12 weeks for 2nd at the time.