When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Ah thanks mate, yeah more of a lurker these days. Work got in the way for a few years, but the magazine I was editing was killed off by Covid, so a little more time on my hands these days. How are things with you?

All good thanks - just waiting for this nonsense to be over with and sadly I'm assuming Truck Festival which I have tickets for will be cancelled too!

Do you still go to Glastonbury I think you were doing the free press thing last I can recall.

13 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Managed to book a 2nd jab for 9 weeks after my 1st despite not being over 40. I have to travel a bit further out for it but thought I'd get it booked in. If a local one comes up sooner, I can always reschedule. The extra 2 weeks gives me that protection in time for the 19th July unlocking so worth doing.

I just tried to rebook mine (30 y/o Pfizer) - and was still 11weeks, so must not have got down to all under 40's yet

Just now, phimill said:

I just tried to rebook mine (30 y/o Pfizer) - and was still 11weeks, so must not have got down to all under 40's yet

34 y/o Pfizer here but am about 3 weeks ahead of my age group already.  Girlfriend's friend is one of the project managers for the local rollout. We got a call at 6.15pm on a Friday to say they had 2 doses left which we could have if we got there in 15 mins or they would go in the bin. 

13 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Noticeable lack of masks in the playground from groups of parents at school drop off this morning .. it’s been 100% compliance before today.. 

Wearing them outside isn't a requirment, surprised it was being done at all.

Going up to London yesterday evening on the train, there was little mask wearing from men between 30 and 50 but also six formers who had them as chin straps or bracelets instead of on their face. Not surprised rates are going up so much 

13 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Noticeable lack of masks in the playground from groups of parents at school drop off this morning .. it’s been 100% compliance before today.. 

I honestly think the “fear” of covid has gone for a lot of people.

Once you’ve been jabbed / double jabbed many will see that as the protective ring around them regardless of what the efficacy is.

I can obviously only talk for friends, family and from what I’ve seen but I just don’t see people caring anymore…

26 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Been on two camping trips in south wales this month and was shocked both times by complete absence of masks. Toilets, shower block, local shops, campsite reception… zero mask wearing. To the extent that upon coming out of the public toilets at a beach in the Gower this weekend a boy of about 10 years old was staring at me as if I had a second head. As I passed he said to his dad "why was that man wearing a mask?!" 

Wow pretty surprised about that! 

Out and about here in Macclesfield - shops, cafes, public transport etc - still seeing nearly everyone wearing masks indoors.

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Wearing them outside isn't a requirment, surprised it was being done at all.

A lot of schools have asked parents to wear masks when picking up/dropping off because they don't have space to socially distance.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Once you’ve been jabbed / double jabbed many will see that as the protective ring around them regardless of what the efficacy is.

I can obviously only talk for friends, family and from what I’ve seen but I just don’t see people caring anymore…

There is defo an element of that from my anecdotal experience. To be honest if you don't relax a bit once you have been fully vaxxed then when are you going to?

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

A lot of schools have asked parents to wear masks when picking up/dropping off because they don't have space to socially distance.

Correct - that's the case at my daughter's primary school, you can stay pretty well separated most of the time but going through a couple of the gates there's just no way. So masks it is.

Personally I still reckon the risk is low but it's really no big deal to wear a mask for 5 minutes.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm seeing that here as well, takeaways/small shops are usually well over the two person store limit and the supermarkets are always rammed. Few will bother trying to enforce compliance now whether they want to or not

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

All good thanks - just waiting for this nonsense to be over with and sadly I'm assuming Truck Festival which I have tickets for will be cancelled too!

Do you still go to Glastonbury I think you were doing the free press thing last I can recall.

Yeah me too, End Of The Road is the one my hopes are pinned on. Looking shaky now, sadly. I have such fond memories of Truck - went about five times in a row, somewhere between 2004 and 2009. Great festival, would love to go again some day. 

Excellent memory on the Free Press, yes I did two years sub-editing and laying out pages, fun but lots of work. Decided I wanted to keep Glastonbury for play time. I was at 2019 as a punter, but missed out on tickets for 2020/21 for the first time in my life. Hope to go again as soon as possible, but I've had a feeling over the past couple of line-ups of it shifting away from my tastes. I've felt very at home at End Of The Road, Green Man and Bluedot in recent years. I'm getting old…

Edited by Dog Burger

11 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Wow pretty surprised about that! 

Out and about here in Macclesfield - shops, cafes, public transport etc - still seeing nearly everyone wearing masks indoors.

Many rural areas have had little Covid so probably are more lax as it's less at the fore front of their mind.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

This is just Jeremy in a nutshell though. Straddling two sides all the time but then ends up devoid of any kind of moral compass.

He probably gives his brother airtime but knows that he can’t criticise the vaccine so he says nothing. 

I'm surprised the c**t didn't give the vaccines 7 1/2 out of 10.

9 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Yeah me too, End Of The Road is the one my hopes are pinned on. Looking shaky now, sadly. I have such fond memories of Truck - went about five times in a row, somewhere between 2004 and 2009. Great festival, would love to go again some day. 

Excellent memory on the Free Press, yes I did two years sub-editing and laying out pages, fun but lots of work. Decided I wanted to keep Glastonbury for play time. I was at 2019 as a punter, but missed out on tickets for 2020/21 for the first time in my life. Hope to go again as soon as possible, but I've had a feeling over the past couple of line-ups of it shifting away from my tastes. I've felt very at home at End Of The Road, Green Man and Bluedot in recent years. I'm getting old…

Truck has got a lot, lot bigger since 2009.  Much more mainstream in terms of acts and 2019 festival was about 18,000.  Still a good laugh for me as I only live 10 min drive away. 

I was at Glastonbury 2019 only as a worker but have a ticket for whenever its next on!   

I'm very nearly 40 now, did BoomTown in 2019 aged 38 and felt far too old and out of place....have tickets for Beautiful Days instead!