When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Took the plunge and just managed to rebook my 2nd jab (moderna) for exactly 8 weeks after my 1st.

Shall be fully charged as of 24th July.

Worth taking the jump @squirrelarmy

It’s not worth the risk of not being able to book at the same location. If it’s further afield then I will struggle to get to it. It’s a convenient day as well as I don’t have to take time off work. 

Just now, jimmillen said:

Who's been saying this?

The government literally put an advert out encouraging young people to take their vaccine months before they were offered it. During last September youngsters were blamed for the second wave.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I am still in the belief that SAGE modelling is underestimating youngster uptake. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are that out of touch that they think the younger adults don’t want their jabs. They have been happily pushing this narrative that it’s the youngsters which are to blame for everything.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The government literally put an advert out encouraging young people to take their vaccine months before they were offered it. During last September youngsters were blamed for the second wave.

I'll agree that younger people were certainly blamed by the media and possibly some figures in government.

But who in SAGE has been saying they don't expect young people to want vaccines?

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I'll agree that younger people were certainly blamed by the media and possibly some figures in government.

But who in SAGE has been saying they don't expect young people to want vaccines?

I believe they are underestimating young people vaccine uptake. 

Just now, Dog Burger said:

Mate. Glad to hear the end is nearing, though

Random to perhaps say this...Just seen your name on here for the first time in what feels like an eternity. 

Always enjoyed your long posts about Glastonbury in the 90s/early 00s...usually quite in depth and personal which I always enjoyed. 🙂

Confirmed this morning that fresh hospitalizations experienced by Mrs Lyrca are associated with a significant surge in covid cases (Delta) in Derbyshire, particularly South Derbys. Currently on exponential growth curve. 

Edited by Lycra

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Random to perhaps say this...Just seen your name on here for the first time in what feels like an eternity. 

Always enjoyed your long posts about Glastonbury in the 90s/early 00s...usually quite in depth and personal which I always enjoyed. 🙂

Ah thanks mate, yeah more of a lurker these days. Work got in the way for a few years, but the magazine I was editing was killed off by Covid, so a little more time on my hands these days. How are things with you?

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My own personal shit ends in just thirty days when I finally get to go home after four and a half months in hospital. 

Glad to hear it, Neil. I've not been on efests much of late so had no idea until a few days ago.  

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Thats a weird position of him to take.

If he's had the vaccine and 'pro vaccine' why wouldn't he just encourage people to go get it? 

This is just Jeremy in a nutshell though. Straddling two sides all the time but then ends up devoid of any kind of moral compass.

He probably gives his brother airtime but knows that he can’t criticise the vaccine so he says nothing. 

Why do the anti lockdown protestors miss the mark so badly with the message they send?

I was watching some of the footage in London yesterday and rather than try to have logical debate about the lockdown extension, they immediatley swerve off into 'the vaccines are a lie' and 'microchip planting'.

My position on the extension is that if it allows us to put more jabs in people with less collateral damage it's worth it. But I would have more sympathy for the protestors cause, if the narrative they were pushing wasn't just a load of horse shit.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:
Why do the anti lockdown protestors miss the mark so badly with the message they send?

I was watching some of the footage in London yesterday and rather than try to have logical debate about the lockdown extension, they immediatley swerve off into 'the vaccines are a lie' and 'microchip planting'.

My position on the extension is that if it allows us to put more jabs in people with less collateral damage it's worth it. But I would have more sympathy for the protestors cause, if the narrative they were pushing wasn't just a load of horse shit.

They predominantly tend to be a certain type of person (conspriacy but & chip on their shoulder). So the same people protesting lockdown would likely be the same people thinking Qanon was real, anti-vaxx, all lives matter etc etc... 

There is little logic there and just a lack of intelligence for the large part. 

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Absolutely right, they cry about not getting the time of day in the press but peddle the same lines about how big tech wants to steal their personal data through technology that is (most likely) too sophisticated to even exist

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe jez isn’t too far off his brother after all

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

18 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Thats a weird position of him to take.

If he's had the vaccine and 'pro vaccine' why wouldn't he just encourage people to go get it? 

He's a very very dangerous man but it's nobody else's business other people's vaccine status. But obviously everyone needs to virtue signal about it it seems.

The vaccine passports (without testing option) will sort that all out I'm sure

Though I still think delay will be blaming uptake. The date will be when enough have had two, not mid July.

Edited by efcfanwirral

Managed to book a 2nd jab for 9 weeks after my 1st despite not being over 40. I have to travel a bit further out for it but thought I'd get it booked in. If a local one comes up sooner, I can always reschedule. The extra 2 weeks gives me that protection in time for the 19th July unlocking so worth doing.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m the only one wearing a mask on the bus today and got some disapproving looks. Have the rules changed overnight?

Ever since the lockdown easing/bars opening etc I’ve definitely noticed a lot more people not bothering with them. I think the general consensus from a lot of people has become ‘we get to do a bunch of stuff maskless now and we’re nearing the end so fuck it’.

I’m the only one wearing a mask on the bus today and got some disapproving looks. Have the rules changed overnight?

A lack of compliance in places where mask wearing, social distancing etc can't really be enforced was always bound to happen after yesterday, but you know who'll complain if we have to go beyond 19 July

Been on two camping trips in south wales this month and was shocked both times by complete absence of masks. Toilets, shower block, local shops, campsite reception… zero mask wearing. To the extent that upon coming out of the public toilets at a beach in the Gower this weekend a boy of about 10 years old was staring at me as if I had a second head. As I passed he said to his dad "why was that man wearing a mask?!" 

I had my first dose on Saturday at my GP (after I got the text invite), just gone on the booking website and I can book my second in eight weeks, I'm 27 btw so it's got me asking questions.

A) Can I even do this? B) Would it not need to be at my GP again? C) Will there be a guarantee the vaccine centre I book will even be dishing out Pfizer on the day?

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ever since the lockdown easing/bars opening etc I’ve definitely noticed a lot more people not bothering with them. I think the general consensus from a lot of people has become ‘we get to do a bunch of stuff maskless now and we’re nearing the end so fuck it’.

It’s almost always large families in shopping centres and public transport too.