When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm saying there's a brave heart statue in zsterling that's the image of Mel. 

I put the first misspelling down to a small keyboard and big fingers, but the city in Scotland is Stirling. Sterling can be associated with a Man City Footballer or even a furniture store in Scotland that used to have Dougie Donnelly in their adverts. The Love Island voiceover guy spells his the same as the city.

I never imagined that I would post the words "Dougie Donnelly" on this site.

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

With latest vaccine efficacy data from PHE today I'm pretty confident we'll be good to go July19th.

Agreed, especially when they're bringing forward the target for all over 18s. It's been a real mix of emotions today, but I do actually believe this is the final push before we get some proper normality back 

Edited by Chapple12345

5 hours ago, chestwig said:

People on this thread must be as green as grass. Further lockdowns coming in September and October.

This is no longer about virus control. Everything to do with the great reset and 'building back better'

Can't build back better if nothing is open to build.lol

It's only a small sample size, but Singapore have started publishing the vaccination breakdown of their confirmed cases.

Only at about 31% fully vaccinated, 41 % partial and no definition of what partial means (eg 1 shot or 1 shot plus 2-3 weeks etc), but interesting nonetheless.  (Albeit not telling us anything we don't already know.)

figure3_14062021.jpg (1242×654) (moh.gov.sg) 

image.png.cec5134ae4d360d7096352c6e8cc9e58.png

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

So in four weeks time there will be another delay because there's no good example of unlocking to work from and the deaths caused by unlocking will be able to be directly referenced to spaffers decision to unlock.

There's a tipping point for unlocking and reopening and that's when the best has been done to mitigate risk. Not just of catching covid, but also to those people not getting the treatment they deserve because of covid patients clogging the system. It's a balance.

There's a balance for business too, particularly those in hospitality & entertainment. Open up to early and people stay away for fear of catching covid. Open up too late and people stay away because habits have changed, perhaps forever. 

Edited by Lycra

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Has anyone else noticed that mask usage on public transport has fallen considerably in the last few days?

I've noticed it on the tube. I put it down to the weather as it's hot as balls on the central line and not pleasant in a mask.

29 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Has anyone else noticed that mask usage on public transport has fallen considerably in the last few days?

Yes. And offenders get asked by the police to put on a mask and they just ignore them, and the police walk away.

My estimate of adults on the Manchester Metrolink: 50% wear masks properly, 30% wear inadequate masks or do not wear them properly or not all the time, 20% no masks (incl. those who are exempt).